Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walletbit closing with my money  (Read 3689 times)
itbc

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:35:33 PM

Hi,

I just found out that WalletBit closed, too.  No notification at all was sent to me.  Not even an e-mail; nothing in junk/spam folder.

After finding out about it this weekend, I sent an email, but I have not received any response (at least to confirm receipt/looking into the matter).

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks
Grimbarian

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:27:16 PM

Hi,

I just found out that WalletBit closed, too.  No notification at all was sent to me.  Not even an e-mail; nothing in junk/spam folder.

After finding out about it this weekend, I sent an email, but I have not received any response (at least to confirm receipt/looking into the matter).

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks

I also haven't received a response to my email but not a big surprise with what has happened in the Bitcoin world the last few days, I also signed up to Bips support system and opened a ticket there.
itbc

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:40:46 PM

<<snip>>

I also haven't received a response to my email but not a big surprise with what has happened in the Bitcoin world the last few days, I also signed up to Bips support system and opened a ticket there.

Thanks, Grimbarian, please keep me posted.  I did not have a small amount at WalletBit.

Considering they took a fee on my deposit, in exchange for the wallet service; this was not free and, at the least, they owe the ability to withdraw funds.

In regards to what HAS happened in the Bitcoin world (i.e. the value of each BTC): Similar situations dealing with such large sums being stolen would lead to publicly listed addresses of those responsible and/or bad things happening.

I hope they handle this properly.
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:32:18 AM

My Bips support desk ticket was updated/acknowledged this morning Smiley
itbc

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:35:30 PM

My Bips support desk ticket was updated/acknowledged this morning Smiley

Thanks, Grimbarian

No response from info@walletbit.com, yet, but I hope your side has better luck.

I appreciate the updates.
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:37:11 PM

How many Bitcoins did you lose access to? (if you're comfortable answering of course).
itbc

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:13:38 PM

How many Bitcoins did you lose access to? (if you're comfortable answering of course).

As a precaution, no specific amount, but it greater than 3 digits worth in dollars

Still no reply via e-mail.
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:15:54 PM

Well I wish you luck recovering it, I think we're entitled to their return when it's not our fault we weren't informed of the closure, but I think we also have to respect the issues BIPS are going through right now, hopefully they recover fine and we recover our Bitcoins fine Smiley

Did you open a ticket on the Bips support system?
itbc

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:20:52 PM

Oh boy, that is one hell of a bait comment.  Smiley

No ticket, yet.  All instructions from WalletBit/Kris have been to e-mail info@walletbit.com, but I am following your updates to see if I should also do that.

I understand their situation with BIPS.  What concerns me is that other users/people should not pay for those mistakes. 

Two things:

1) The WalletBit issue is not related.  < The important part.

2) The money/WalletBit database was taken offline (when it closed), as per Kris/WalletBit/etc - safe and sound.  <  The important detail in the important part.

I appreciate that Kris and company's attention is on the BIPS situation, but I will not tolerate them screwing WalletBit's users in order to fix BIPS screw up.  A person's money is their money, that is the irrevocable fact built into Bitcoin.

If there was not many users on WalletBit (as per Kris in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249751), then it should not take so long for those involved/Kris/BIPS to process the few WalletBit e-mails they have.

According to that thread, and this one, it seems to only take minutes to fix the problem.  From their perspective, they would have it over and done with; one less scandal to deal with.
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:22:22 PM

I don't disagree with any of that Smiley
carolyn

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:54:03 PM

I'm still waiting for walletbit to transfer my bitcoins to a new address.  It's very nerve wracking not knowing what is going on with them.
itbc

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:37:59 AM

I'm still waiting for walletbit to transfer my bitcoins to a new address.  It's very nerve wracking not knowing what is going on with them.

I have yet to hear back.  This is becoming worse and worse.
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:18:30 AM

Have you received any reply/acknowledgement?
carolyn

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

I got a reply sometime the end of November, had a new wallet address in place by December, so really I've been waiting a little over a week.  I think when things calm down over at bips they will get back to us.
jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:40:32 PM

The whole purpose of bitcoin or cryto was to be a safe store of value.
Well , at least of of it's purpose.

When you start using an website and deposit you coins there , you're basically  renouncing to all this.
Also , with the current amounts of "hacks" happening , I would advise anyone not to leave their coins in the hands of a third party.
Grimbarian

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:46:57 PM

I got a reply sometime the end of November, had a new wallet address in place by December, so really I've been waiting a little over a week.  I think when things calm down over at bips they will get back to us.

Wondering if you've had any movement with your case or anyone else here?

I opened my BIPS support ticket on December 4th but have had no further reply from the first reply acknowledging the ticket, posted a new reply asking them to update.
MonkeyDOH

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:19:27 AM

theres a lots people in the same case. it's more safe to keep your btc away from a website
Grimbarian

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:59:11 AM

So how many other suckers were left in the wind by Kris Henriksen? Shocking that he can just flit from company to company stealing people's money and making false promises, now with some mickey mouse company blockcache https://www.blockcache.com/
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:21:45 PM

Edit: Heard back from info@walletbit.com, poked around with the password reset and login form some more, and now all is well. The coins are back in hand.
You are lucky man, that these people were honest in the end. There was hundreds of wallets that fled with people money.
I hope you will be more carefull in future, use offline storage and software wallets that you control.
lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:44:06 PM

Edit: Heard back from info@walletbit.com, poked around with the password reset and login form some more, and now all is well. The coins are back in hand.
You are lucky man, that these people were honest in the end. There was hundreds of wallets that fled with people money.
I hope you will be more carefull in future, use offline storage and software wallets that you control.
Both of you guys brought back to the discussion that theme after a long time ago.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: