Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's a token ?  (Read 884 times)
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes
You can join Airdrop and got Eran some coin definitely right that.you know Airdrop used for Thier ico project promote.i see your tank is very low.you can not join many Bounty's.but you can absolutely joined many airdrop.so best section to eran for you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jo123

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:27:21 AM

Tokens are something that are rewarded from you after you finish certain task. you can excahnge them through BTC or ETH that can help you create cash.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:48:00 PM

Tokens are distributed to people who work for a certain bounty campaigns when they reach their hard cap as their reward that can be converted to fiat money.
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:09:20 PM

This is helpful thread especially for me, I'm newbie and i always read about token and i dont know what it is or i dont have any idea but now with the help of some veterans here i guess hahaha I can now clearly learn what is token and where can i get these tokens.
Arlette Foxsparkle

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:43:25 PM

Base on my research and studies a token it is a concrete things that can symbolize or represent any kinds of matter which has its own value. And if we are talking about tokens in crypto world it has a different meaning sometimes is used of all ICO's to collect investors for the funds of their project. And usually it used as a reward for those who are participating in a bounty campaign especially
From the bounty hunters.

A token is actually nothing more than a new term to make reference to a unit of value issued by a private entity.   Although tokens bear many similarities with bitcoins (they have a value attached to them which is accepted by a community and are blockchain-based), they serve a much broader purpose. Tokens are more than a currency because they can be used in a broader range of applications. Also, virtually all tokens rely on Ethereum’s blockchain protocol, which, according to experts, is more complete than bitcoin’s blockchain.

Token
Definition - What does Token mean?

A token is a special frame that is passed from node to node around a ring network. When it gets to a node that needs to transmit data, the node changes the token into a data frame and transmits it to the recipient.

A token is essential to the inner workings of a token ring network.
Techopedia explains Token

The token can only be handled by a single node at a time. The bearer of the token is the only one allowed to send data around the network to a recipient node within the network. The bearer of the token writes the address of the recipient and the data to be sent, and then sends it to the next node in the series.

When the sender node sends the token to the next node, that node reads the address. If that node is not the intended recipient, it sends the data to the next node and so on. Finally, when the recipient node reads the data and knows that it is the recipient, it takes the data and sends the token back to the the sender's address with a message indicating that the data was received. The token is then sent around the ring again until it reaches the sender/bearer of the token. After using the token, a node releases it back into the network so other nodes will be able to use it.

Although token ring transmission seems to be a slow process, users rarely notice it because data communication occurs rapidly.

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/4140/token
systematicdeception

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:17:56 PM

A token is an accounting unit that is used to represent a digital balance in a certain asset. Accounting for tokens is maintained in the database on the basis of blocking technology, and access to them is done through special applications using electronic signature schemes.

maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:32:11 PM

Token and coin have a difference in their system, when you say it is a coin it means that it uses its own platform and structure but for token it means that it uses another coins structure.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2190

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:06:52 PM

A token is based on the other crypto currency. For example, the best known platform for tokens is Ethereum. Usually, the tokens are emitted by some smart contract and sold to investors during ICO campaigns. The transactions which transfers those tokens are written to the blockchain of the mother crypto currency, therefore using a tokens is secure and convenient for the teams of the start-up projects.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:12:55 PM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes

Most of the airdrops are giveaways to those participants who will participate in it. Which is simply asking fill in the form with valid email, Ethereum wallet, and some task they need to comply with.
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:21 AM

the token you can invest in to increase your token to make your money bigger ... you can join airdrop and other token earnings.
naigelbit

Activity: 434

X-Block.io

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:10:04 AM

To receive token from airdrop you need to follow all the rules, Give to them what they need  but don't you never ever give your private info like user and pass or your Private key.
Rrotess

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:45:24 PM

Hi guys , recently I was interested in tokens with airdrops but what are they finally ? Could someone help me please ?  Roll Eyes
Token is given by the ICO project that you are willing to invest or when the conduct a bounty campaign then after that they give you token as your reward.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

Token is project of the big company because of the ICO many token in th campaign will you get if your joined in the campaign and make a job for a week or a months it is a project from different country and many caimpaign to get this.
Yes it is an ICO project that they implement a Product which if we have an investment they give as token that worth of eth or a dollar price.

chrischain

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:31:25 PM

You'd better read some articles like this.
https://www.bbva.com/en/what-is-a-token-and-what-is-it-for/
Here is explanation, implementation and examples.
Or watch videos on Youtube. For ex., this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XatEoU36U-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZKVHqjw0gY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVeenkfa-0s

Don't thank me Smiley Smiley Smiley
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:54:48 PM

First of all you must have ethereum wallet from myetherwallet.com to earn tokens from airdrops and token is like a cryptocurrency you can sell it if they have a high price to make an important profit
Lektai

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 02:40:02 PM

A token by definition is a representation any fungible tradable good such as currency, loyalty points, gold certificates, in game items and more.
The idea of a token itself is neither exclusive to Ethereum nor any other platform. A token is really an abstraction. It represents that I own a underlying tradable asset.
Currently the Ethereum space is very hot with ICOs which are really token offerings. These tokens represent an exchange medium within the project. For example, Golem Project pays app developers who publish on the platform and CPU renters in GNT
ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 12:13:25 PM

Giving out tokens to someone means to lease out a duty or a work to be done by that person. They get some power to do the work 

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
Joker121212

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:00:44 PM

Consider paying to join Airdrop & Bounty. you can sell it
FeverMore23

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:43:26 PM

Token or coin is the thing that you can call on all the altcoins that you see. Like bitcoin, ethereum, ripple etc. You can call it all tokens.
karl.laue

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:50:47 PM

I personally think, that one of the best new inventions is ICO. If you are interested in it, I can recommend CRYPTICS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: