Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Unable To Recover My 27k Coins  (Read 239 times)
imteaz (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:25:10 PM

Hi, I used my old tag/memo to send 27 thousand lumen to bittrex, but the deposit was missing last few days, and Bittrex saying they will not able to recover my coins.
But i just wondering this is the same tag/memo i used last week. how can there be a new tag/memo?

Now my $4000 worth coin lost. i saved all these coin last 3 months. now it's gone. really feeling bad & mad at myself. i should have double checked. So anyone out there, if you send coins, make sure you check your address as well as memo. it changes every time.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

Why should your coins be lost as easy as that? This is a weird experience i have ever seen. I assume adress changing is usual but previous address also remains valid for same account user. Though bittrex has many such issues where it fails to support their customer satisfactorily.
Bittrex is also not good in customer support, you should seek  alternate wallet for your cryptos
imteaz (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 02:05:49 PM

Why should your coins be lost as easy as that? This is a weird experience i have ever seen. I assume adress changing is usual but previous address also remains valid for same account user. Though bittrex has many such issues where it fails to support their customer satisfactorily.
Bittrex is also not good in customer support, you should seek  alternate wallet for your cryptos

That's exactly was my thought, 2 weeks old tag/memo i used to send deposit, was mine. how can it be someone else?

azioyon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:16:10 PM

they are scam, absolutely you lost your coins
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:46:05 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 10:11:50 PM by Fidemoga

Hi, I used my old tag/memo to send 27 thousand lumen to bittrex, but the deposit was missing last few days, and Bittrex saying they will not able to recover my coins.
But i just wondering this is the same tag/memo i used last week. how can there be a new tag/memo?

Now my $4000 worth coin lost. i saved all these coin last 3 months. now it's gone. really feeling bad & mad at myself. i should have double checked. So anyone out there, if you send coins, make sure you check your address as well as memo. it changes every time.

I researched a bit and found this link:
https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/6gyuwb/help_sent_stellar_to_my_bittrex_account_without_a/
Go through the posts and you will find an answer from a user with similar situation. He even forgot to send with memo tag. He took a screenshot of his transactions and attached with support ticket to Bittrex. As he described, nothing was lost, because Bittrex deposited missing funds manually.
imteaz (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 09:49:10 PM

I researched a bit and found this link:
https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Stellar/comments/6gyuwb/help_sent_stellar_to_my_bittrex_account_without_a/
Go through the posts and you will find an answer from a user with similar situation. He even forgot to send with memo tag. He took a screenshot of his transactions and attached with support ticket to Bittrex. As he described, nothing was lot, because Bittrex deposited missing funds manually.

Problem is i used a memo/tag but it was my old one. they are saying you sent the payment to another memo, but that memo was mine.

chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:00:39 PM

Addresses will never change at Bittrex.  Please let me know your ticket number and I will take a look to make sure the agent gave you the proper response.  If you did indeed send to a different memo then what is on your account, there will be no way to claim that deposit if the memo belongs to another user.  If the memo does not belong to anyone, I will be able to work with you credit the coins.

Ryan @ Bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
imteaz (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:33:32 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 10:51:07 PM by imteaz

Addresses will never change at Bittrex.  Please let me know your ticket number and I will take a look to make sure the agent gave you the proper response.  If you did indeed send to a different memo then what is on your account, there will be no way to claim that deposit if the memo belongs to another user.  If the memo does not belong to anyone, I will be able to work with you credit the coins.

Ryan @ Bittrex

Ahh i founddddddddddddddddd it!!! dont worry Smiley

forum95

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:11:37 PM

Addresses will never change at Bittrex.  Please let me know your ticket number and I will take a look to make sure the agent gave you the proper response.  If you did indeed send to a different memo then what is on your account, there will be no way to claim that deposit if the memo belongs to another user.  If the memo does not belong to anyone, I will be able to work with you credit the coins.

Ryan @ Bittrex

Hey Ryan, I sent you a PM regarding an issue similar to this.

Thank you
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:45:33 AM

Addresses will never change at Bittrex.  Please let me know your ticket number and I will take a look to make sure the agent gave you the proper response.  If you did indeed send to a different memo then what is on your account, there will be no way to claim that deposit if the memo belongs to another user.  If the memo does not belong to anyone, I will be able to work with you credit the coins.

Ryan @ Bittrex

hey you scammer
why you dont show up in your topic?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=463202.new#new
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: