Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TokenPay ICO Sketchy.  (Read 300 times)
trainasauruswrecks (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:55:46 PM

There was in a discussion on the [ANN] TOKENPAY channel about how the specifics of TOKENPAY seemed awfully similar to a coin called SPECTRECOIN.  TOKENPAY'S ICO started today and I WAS interested.  It was brought to the attention of the community that it was perhaps a clone of SPECTRECOIN.  They are both "Forks of Shadowcash" so I asked a SPECTRE holder for a screenshot of their sidebar.  I got a screenshot of the Shadow sidebar and took a screenshot of the Tokenpay sidebar from their announcement page.

It doesn't appear that TOKENPAY is a fork of Shadowcash but a blatant clone of the SPECTRECOIN wallet.  Their ICO is selling coins for $6 bucks.
 Spectrecoin is at .30 when I inquired into the particulars of TOKENPAY.  If SPECTRECOIN is valued at .30cents, how is it that a clear copy is worth $6?  Either one is undervalued and the other is a blatant cash grab.  Or one of them isn't worth shit and the other is a blatant cashgrab.  Clearly one is a cashgrab.

Also if you look up TOKENPAY it would appear that they are name trading off of work that TENX has already done as well.
The community should know.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:54:50 PM

There is no question but that they are a cheap clone of SpectreCoin, which has been around for a year and is in active development with a growing community.  The image at the following link demonstrates that TokenPay ripped off their wallet from SpectreCoin:
https://spectreproject.slack.com/files/U5YFJQND8/F8BMHQH6E/2017-08-12_xspec_tokenpay.png

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:09:54 AM

This sketchy?  Grin

deniskiely

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:09:14 AM

There was in a discussion on the [ANN] TOKENPAY channel about how the specifics of TOKENPAY seemed awfully similar to a coin called SPECTRECOIN.  TOKENPAY'S ICO started today and I WAS interested.  It was brought to the attention of the community that it was perhaps a clone of SPECTRECOIN.  They are both "Forks of Shadowcash" so I asked a SPECTRE holder for a screenshot of their sidebar.  I got a screenshot of the Shadow sidebar and took a screenshot of the Tokenpay sidebar from their announcement page.

It doesn't appear that TOKENPAY is a fork of Shadowcash but a blatant clone of the SPECTRECOIN wallet.  Their ICO is selling coins for $6 bucks.
 Spectrecoin is at .30 when I inquired into the particulars of TOKENPAY.  If SPECTRECOIN is valued at .30cents, how is it that a clear copy is worth $6?  Either one is undervalued and the other is a blatant cash grab.  Or one of them isn't worth shit and the other is a blatant cashgrab.  Clearly one is a cashgrab.

Also if you look up TOKENPAY it would appear that they are name trading off of work that TENX has already done as well.
The community should know.

Think made me very confusing and don't invest to them. It also is similar as Deep Onion
Salfuk

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:01:58 PM

I actually discovered XSPEC - Spectrecoin when looking at investing in Tokenpay, and your right, i got in on Spectrecoin at a fraction of the cost of Tokenpays ICO
TrentD_TFN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:26:16 PM

This definitely looks like a cash grab type situation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: