Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all Bitcoin owners! You are entitled to free Bitcore (BTX)!  (Read 1995 times)
fabioganga (OP)

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 12:36:41 AM

Even the Bitcore developers advised BTC holders to first move their coins before importing private keys to the Bitcore client. This is a basic security measure to prevent your bitcoins from being stolen by potentially malicious software.

I think Bitcore is a great project, but you should never import private keys which contain bitcoins into any altcoin client. The vast majority of users do not check the source code, so moving BTC to new addresses under your control is always the first step you should take.

You are correct, it is very good advice, thanks for correcting me. As I use Bitcore's own qt wallet I tend to think that it is not necessary as I trust that it is genuine software which has no known bad issues. However using third party software such as Coinomi, yes, I agree with you that it is wise to move the Bitcoin to a different address first before claiming BTX.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:09:41 AM

My portfolio doesn't mind the Bitcore shilling, but this post belongs in Altcoin Discussion. Smiley

the whole point of posting it here was for me to tell BITCOIN holders who may be unaware of this nice opportunity for them...

Yes thank you for sharing this. What does 4% every Monday mean? 4% of what we hold or 4% of the total airdrop every Monday?

The think I don't like about this is moving my whole btc balance over and over to get these sort of fork coins. I really don't like sending my whole balance like that. Anyway thank you.

Hi, with Bitcore you don't need to move your BTC balance at all as it is NOT a BTC fork, so no replay risk. Your BTX has already been assigned to your BTC address in the Bitcore blockhain. You can check that if you enter your BTC address here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/

As for the Airdrop, it means that every Monday in December you get 4% of what you have in your Bitcore wallet, provided it is at least 1 BTX and you register your Bitcore address on their website. In January it will be 5% weekly, in February 6% and so on until the funds allocated for this airdrop will be exhausted.

Ok thank you. I won't have enough to get that interest:( I'll have like 0.80 I keep a few wallets so I will have to win them together or buy more btx. It's bit really worth that much. But I'll buy some to take advantage of the airdrop I'm pretty sure that was the point. To get people to buy more so they can benefit from the airdrop. Quite clever. Better then having people all over the place. I'll just keep mine in my wallet and hope it grows. Thanks is for the help.

Even the Bitcore developers advised BTC holders to first move their coins before importing private keys to the Bitcore client. This is a basic security measure to prevent your bitcoins from being stolen by potentially malicious software.

I think Bitcore is a great project, but you should never import private keys which contain bitcoins into any altcoin client. The vast majority of users do not check the source code, so moving BTC to new addresses under your control is always the first step you should take.

You are correct, it is very good advice, thanks for correcting me. As I use Bitcore's own qt wallet I tend to think that it is not necessary as I trust that it is genuine software which has no known bad issues. However using third party software such as Coinomi, yes, I agree with you that it is wise to move the Bitcoin to a different address first before claiming BTX.

Ya that is what I said. I don't like moving lots of bitcoins like that. Will have to do it when I'm completely relaxed and ready. You don't want to be making mistakes.

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

My portfolio doesn't mind the Bitcore shilling, but this post belongs in Altcoin Discussion. Smiley

the whole point of posting it here was for me to tell BITCOIN holders who may be unaware of this nice opportunity for them...

Yes thank you for sharing this. What does 4% every Monday mean? 4% of what we hold or 4% of the total airdrop every Monday?

The think I don't like about this is moving my whole btc balance over and over to get these sort of fork coins. I really don't like sending my whole balance like that. Anyway thank you.

Hi, with Bitcore you don't need to move your BTC balance at all as it is NOT a BTC fork, so no replay risk. Your BTX has already been assigned to your BTC address in the Bitcore blockhain. You can check that if you enter your BTC address here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/btx/

As for the Airdrop, it means that every Monday in December you get 4% of what you have in your Bitcore wallet, provided it is at least 1 BTX and you register your Bitcore address on their website. In January it will be 5% weekly, in February 6% and so on until the funds allocated for this airdrop will be exhausted.

Ok thank you. I won't have enough to get that interest:( I'll have like 0.80 I keep a few wallets so I will have to win them together or buy more btx. It's bit really worth that much. But I'll buy some to take advantage of the airdrop I'm pretty sure that was the point. To get people to buy more so they can benefit from the airdrop. Quite clever. Better then having people all over the place. I'll just keep mine in my wallet and hope it grows. Thanks is for the help.

Ya that is what I said. I don't like moving lots of bitcoins like that. Will have to do it when I'm completely relaxed and ready. You don't want to be making mistakes.

That is the best part about the whole thing, you can claim now, or in 10 years from now.   no deadline  Wink 

of course if you want to take advantage of the airdrops, sooner is better.

JumPerz09

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 04:39:08 AM

is this safe? to input our private keys to claim BTX??ahahha wondering
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:49:49 AM

Hmmm ok..

So I have a wallet seed with BTC on that snapshot. I figure Ill gust create a new seed/wallet to put my BTC back on and keep that old seed with the BTX on it..

Do I have to move the BTX to get the rest of these airdrops to come or will my addresses just keep getting airdrops if I don't touch those keys at all until I want to play with the BTX?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:51:01 AM

is this safe? to input our private keys to claim BTX??ahahha wondering

It is a good established coin, so it is safe. The best advice as it has been written a few posts above is that you first move your BTC to a different new address and then claim your BTX.
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:52:46 AM

Hmmm ok..

So I have a wallet seed with BTC on that snapshot. I figure Ill gust create a new seed/wallet to put my BTC back on and keep that old seed with the BTX on it..

Do I have to move the BTX to get the rest of these airdrops to come or will my addresses just keep getting airdrops if I don't touch those keys at all until I want to play with the BTX?

You airdrop will arrive on WHATEVER BTX address, whether new or "old" provided it has at least 1 BTX and that you register such address for the airdrop on https://bitcore.cc
Armand0

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:09:56 PM

I can't claim my BTX with Ledger nano and Electrum. Electrum blocks in "Confirm Transaction on your Ledger device", when I confirm it hangs up and Electrum hangs up. I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens. Anyone knows how to solve this?

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:51:06 PM

BTX is near worthless.  Who is going to risk exposing themselves for a few dollars, that's just silly.

eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:22:01 PM

Hmmm ok..

You airdrop will arrive on WHATEVER BTX address, whether new or "old" provided it has at least 1 BTX and that you register such address for the airdrop on https://bitcore.cc

So then you would have had to have had the keys to 2 btc or more in order to have enough btx to get a btx continuing airdrop?
Or buy more btx to add to your address in order to have 1 btx on your address to be elgible but then again it has to be considered incative to recieve the remaining airdrops?

So if a guy has keys to less than 2 btc at snapshot what is he to do and what are his options?

So if a guy has keys to more than 2 btc on seperate addresses at snapshot what is he to do and what are his options?

So if a guy has keys to more than 2 btc on a single address at snapshot what is he to do and what are his options?

eddie13
Legendary

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:23:50 PM

Who is going to risk exposing themselves for a few dollars, that's just silly.

Well no one should, even for a lot of dollars.. So don't expose yourself to such risk..
It's just about proper handling of privkeys no?
Is their some kyc?

fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:49:56 PM

BTX is near worthless.  Who is going to risk exposing themselves for a few dollars, that's just silly.

I disagree. At the moment is stable around the $20 value, last month it was worth around $5 and its peak last mont was over $40. I'm not in any way shape or form saying that I put the two coins on the same level, but don't forget that even Bitcoin once was only worth this figures.

You may not be happy of its value today perhaps (and even on that, as I just said, I disagree considering that it is growing) but you can't predict what its price will be tomorrow. I believe Bitcore has a great potential and, as a simple user and lover of BTX, I am confident its value will grow in the mid/long term.
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

I can't claim my BTX with Ledger nano and Electrum. Electrum blocks in "Confirm Transaction on your Ledger device", when I confirm it hangs up and Electrum hangs up. I've tried it on 2 different computers and the same thing happens. Anyone knows how to solve this?

I personally don't use either. What I recommend you do is to ask the developers directly, they are very nice and approachable people. You can find all contacts at https://bitcore.cc
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:56:30 PM

So then you would have had to have had the keys to 2 btc or more in order to have enough btx to get a btx continuing airdrop?
Or buy more btx to add to your address in order to have 1 btx on your address to be elgible but then again it has to be considered incative to recieve the remaining airdrops?

To receive the airdrop you need AT least 1BTX in your balance every Sunday night at midnight, regardless of how that 1 BTX arrives whether by claim or purchase.

So if a guy has keys to less than 2 btc at snapshot what is he to do and what are his options?

You could top the difference up buying at an exchanger if you want to participate in the weekly airdrop or just hold the claimed balance if you are not interested in the airdrop.

So if a guy has keys to more than 2 btc on seperate addresses at snapshot what is he to do and what are his options?

My suggestion is that you combine the balance into one single address by conglomerating the addresses into just 1 and then register such address for the airdrop. BTX has very low fees so it would be worth it.

fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:59:33 PM

Who is going to risk exposing themselves for a few dollars, that's just silly.

Well no one should, even for a lot of dollars.. So don't expose yourself to such risk..
It's just about proper handling of privkeys no?
Is their some kyc?

As it has been suggested in previous posts to eliminate ANY risk (although the chances are very slim, but we obviously all want 100% protection) move your BTC to a brand new address and then use the old BTC address private key to claim your BTX.

No, there is no KYC (if by that you mean Know Your Customer policy), the claim is totally anonymous.
FrenchBTC

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:04:36 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

More generally, how do u reach private keys when using Ledger Nano S Huh I was thinking moving BTC from one Ledger to another one but not sure...

Moreover I heard about a special app developped by Ledger to receive BTG (Bitcoin Gold), but apprently even with that we should be cautiaus ? (I wtached it somewhere...)

Could someone give more details please ?

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:18:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

More generally, how do u reach private keys when using Ledger Nano S Huh I was thinking moving BTC from one Ledger to another one but not sure...

Moreover I heard about a special app developped by Ledger to receive BTG (Bitcoin Gold), but apprently even with that we should be cautiaus ? (I wtached it somewhere...)

Could someone give more details please ?

Hi, this link should help you:

https://bitcore.cc/claim-hw.php
L0uis

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

Is it true ? Has anybody here received the free coins in their wallets ?
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:13:02 PM

I don't know. I need to beg some Bitcoin owners here, I'm officially begging you to move your Bitcoins to another wallet and give me your old wallet private keys, after I'd manage to at least rent a house (for Christmas's sake, I don't want you to give me $15000 worth of BTX, just $5000 in order for me to rent a room for a year, I'll think about the required money to hire a nice prostitute later, one thing at a time. if you don't give me your private keys, I'll wish that Santa takes away the ability of jumping girls from you, remember that a beggar's wishes come true if they wish from the bottom of their hearts).
#usol.
#*~B

*~B=Beggar.

🖤😏
fabioganga (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 04:40:46 PM

Why should it not be true LOL? There are plenty of people who have, myself being one of them... you can also join the official Telegram channel if you wish to have further testimonies here: https://t.me/bitcore_btx_official

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: