Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:53:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM  (Read 10801 times)
commonorx

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:08:01 AM

just to update,

I get all cards running at 45.5 apart from the first on in the NTool list and its very stable, that's 5/6 for a total of

272MH/s with 6 VEGA64

settings are the same as above but MEM P3 set at 1140MHz

Cool notes on ETH, but why bother with ETH on a vega? You just like to make less money or you are just a researcher and don't care about money?

you have obviously not read the thread
ETH is the most profitable and stable mine at the mo
and yes I am researching

correct me if I'm wrong I know little about cuda cards but is anyone mining ETH with ANY 6 GPUs faster than 272MH/s STABLE (or 45.5/card)?
I'm still pushing the envelope, maybe by tomorrow I will get another Mhash out of them lol

You could not be more wrong about that. ETH with those hash rates enjoys a very slim 30 cent advantage over cryptonight when mem clocks are at 1100.  If I crank my mem up I will make more on cryptonight even with cryptnoight coins at half their value at the moment. I also care about power which you don't. All that work for 30 cents is not worth it for anyone not doing a science project. Stable?? What are you talking about? Maybe in Norway it sucks to mine cryptonight?? Please don't make claims like ETH is the most stable, that just sounds stupid. I suppose you also have access the best coffee in the world as well.

Thanks for showing me that ETH is not worth the effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RIGED (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:24:20 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 12:50:56 AM by RIGED

the miner is stable ie no freezes no crashes no blue screens

ETH is the most profitable crypto to mine NOW (whattomine is your friend)

I was mining ETN and SUMO last year at 2000+Hs/GPU (sold all at the highs)

someone pissed in your cereal?

my question stands is anybody getting close to 275MH/s on ETH with any 6 cards?

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:31:53 AM

just for clarity,

i know that ETH mining with these cards does not (at present) yield the best returns in terms of financial gain when compared to other coins, but being a crypro miner, for me at least, is not only about making money but primarily its about BUSTING THE BANKS, i fucking hate them and the current debt slave system imposed on us without consent and by sheer indoctrination from cradle.

If looking at the financial aspect one also has to consider further gains from price fluctuations so cashing in ETH for anything else today, can lead to dismay in the future when ETH price moons. (i know this from my experience in trading commodities)

i am very passionate on this subject as i have internal knowledge of the current global financial system and i would need terabytes to outline the details, history, and implications of our current reality.

Being a crypto miner no matter the scale is an act of REVOLUTION against the fat lazy greedy subhuman pieces of excrement taking all of us for a ride with their tri tier system of control, namely interest, inflation, taxation.

this man deserves recognition for his elloquence in telling the IRS to FUCK OFF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdCfk7a2Va0

BE A REVOLUTIONARY AND MINE

well, well, haven't we come full circle
this is to all of you whom called me stupid, dumb and even criminal, i have rather enjoyed the ETH price hike from $350 when i started mining to the current $1.150 as it allowed me to completely pay off the rig costs in 50days and are now mining on pure profit
with cryptonight coin prices plummeting, ETH/ETC are just as if not more profitable
was an avid ETN miner until I got fed up with their shitty wallet and non existent service, did the sumo for while and now back to ETH as it shows more promise than any other crypto currency as I had originaly thought

got the 12 x 64Vegas on ETH 44+MH/s stable but I'm having problems with the FE's as i cant get them to hash above 42MH/s
any suggestions are very welcome

Without a full disclosure of your p&L I call bullshit.
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:36:41 AM

Ya so I know how to use those tools and no way do you even know what you talking about! I use CAST XMR and I have never had a bluescreen or seen the miner crash even 1 time. You don't speak for Vega owners and in no way are you correct in your assertions and pronouncements.

If you read this thread and you think ETH is the best use for your vega you are wasting your time.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:57:48 AM

Ya so I know how to use those tools and no way do you even know what you talking about! I use CAST XMR and I have never had a bluescreen or seen the miner crash even 1 time. You don't speak for Vega owners and in no way are you correct in your assertions and pronouncements.

If you read this thread and you think ETH is the best use for your vega you are wasting your time.

yes right now its the most profitable or close to at these price levels, dont take my word for it look at whattomine etc im getting 642MH/s system wide vs 27800H/s on cryptonight
i never suggested what YOU should mine by merely pointing out my results and methodology, if that is so terrible for you then i suggest a calm corner and some playdough

i owe you nothing, now run along

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:58:06 AM

someone pissed in your cereal?

Oh and by your math you should go buy the fastest ETH miners on the plannet
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/titan/titan-v

Does probably double the hash rate of the Vega when you get it tuned right with the best miner and you only need 4 of them to crush your 6 card vega rig
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-titan-v-crypto-mining-performance-tested-bitsbetrippin-spoiler-monster//

And again by your math you should have that paid off in what.. a few days??
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:00:51 AM

yes right now its the most profitable or close to at these price levels, dont take my word for it look at whattomine etc im getting 642MH/s system wide vs 27800H/s on cryptonight
i never suggested what YOU should mine by merely pointing out my results and methodology, if that is so terrible for you then i suggest a calm corner and some playdough

What you are is full of crap. I told you l know how to use whattomine and my figures trounce yours. You don't even know how to configure CAST XMR to run correctly.
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:06:26 AM

What you are is full of crap. I told you l know how to use whattomine and my figures trounce yours. You don't even know how to configure CAST XMR to run correctly.

Lol you sold at all the highs.. wow you are trading genius as well!  Congrats man. Stop lying to people.

RIGED (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:45:14 AM

ignore button works well  Grin

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
eleceng1979

Activity: 44
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:56:29 AM

Can the BS stop so the men can get back to work?  This thread is about logging the progress of Vega development.  Page 1 says he doesn't give a rats ass about profits or efficiencies.  This is pure R&D.

I've read all 10 pages of this thread and you jump in today with multiple post stating the OP is a liar, is stupid, and you wish to see his P&L on his investment.  With such intellect and wisdom please add some useful information regarding vega mining development of driver tweaking and other optimizations.

Some of us here are reading, wish to learn and respect the hard work of others.  If you wish to pick fights about +/-% of hash, profits, or ROI please go elsewhere.  This is research in the making and is a work in progress.
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:22:25 AM

Can the BS stop so the men can get back to work?  This thread is about logging the progress of Vega development.  Page 1 says he doesn't give a rats ass about profits or efficiencies.  This is pure R&D.

I've read all 10 pages of this thread and you jump in today with multiple post stating the OP is a liar, is stupid, and you wish to see his P&L on his investment.  With such intellect and wisdom please add some useful information regarding vega mining development of driver tweaking and other optimizations.

Some of us here are reading, wish to learn and respect the hard work of others.  If you wish to pick fights about +/-% of hash, profits, or ROI please go elsewhere.  This is research in the making and is a work in progress.

I have been following the so called "wisdom" here and I have posted here before (Page 5), where if you read all the pages you would know that. No, I don't believe that he paid off his whole rig in a month. Please prove that.

I have given tons of advice to people about how to setup a vega rig using CAST XMR

You cannot tweak a driver unless you have access to the source code for that driver

Making changes to a windows reg file to adjust memory speeds and memory controller speeds is not driver tweaking, that is registry tweaking in this instance and you can do the same with other tools like Wattman to a lesser degree. If you want to play with different voltages and memory clock speeds, by all means go right ahead as it is well documented on how to do so. There are plenty of others with far superiour performance numbers with Cryptonight. You don't need this guy to tell you how to do that.

I never called him stupid, but I do think he is full of crap.

I have told you that is makes no sense to mine ETH with a vega. That is "Wisdom" for those who want to make money as what he is doing here is just for fun Smiley and has no real world application, unless all cryptonight based coins ceased to exist tomorrow.

The OP called "Rigged" no doubt is posting dubious information about how much he is making so I would say that no, he does seem to care about the ROI as he boasts about how he has paid off everything and is now just making pure profit, since he sold at the top of the market for everything, despite his problems with keeping is miner running with "stability" on CAST XMR. How much could you have made without all the tweaking downtime and mining downtime??

Seems like the OP has a few holes in his story making everything I posted quite relevant to this thread and its calling bull where it needs to be called not picking a fight.

eleceng1979

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:47:53 AM

This thread is a repository of the findings of all parties.  My only contribution to this thread was to simply keep it on task with research.  I enjoy learning what is happening and take offense to detours of the original intent.  Such negativity only discourages and harms progress.  We're not curing cancer here but I do see merit in such an investment to walk a different path for research.  For this I applaud the brave few, even if it is not cheap to run, hashes less, or simply never ROI's.  I do feel that some people here on the forum are smarter than some folks over at AMD and might find some interesting things out.  Other forum members in other post reverse engineer firmware from asic companies all day long and know more about the shit than the oem.  I am just waiting for these types of breakthroughs to happen here in this post.  If this forum could combine the IQ's of many some serious stuff would be solved.

I would gladly pay for something that made Vegas mine 2X more for the same power.  I am hoping that is where this thread goes, let alone potentially for free as implied in the title.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 03:31:13 AM

I have been following the so called "wisdom" here and I have posted here before (Page 5), where if you read all the pages you would know that. No, I don't believe that he paid off his whole rig in a month. Please prove that.

I have given tons of advice to people about how to setup a vega rig using CAST XMR

You cannot tweak a driver unless you have access to the source code for that driver

Making changes to a windows reg file to adjust memory speeds and memory controller speeds is not driver tweaking, that is registry tweaking in this instance and you can do the same with other tools like Wattman to a lesser degree. If you want to play with different voltages and memory clock speeds, by all means go right ahead as it is well documented on how to do so. There are plenty of others with far superiour performance numbers with Cryptonight. You don't need this guy to tell you how to do that.

I have told you that is makes no sense to mine ETH with a vega. That is "Wisdom" for those who want to make money as what he is doing here is just for fun Smiley and has no real world application, unless all cryptonight based coins ceased to exist tomorrow.

The OP called "Rigged" no doubt is posting dubious information about how much he is making so I would say that no, he does seem to care about the ROI as he boasts about how he has paid off everything and is now just making pure profit, since he sold at the top of the market for everything, despite his problems with keeping is miner running with "stability" on CAST XMR. How much could you have made without all the tweaking downtime and mining downtime??

Seems like the OP has a few holes in his story making everything I posted quite relevant to this thread and its calling bull where it needs to be called not picking a fight.

The only wisdom i've gleaned off this rigged guys posts is what NOT to do.  He likes to regurgitate things that everyone already knows and break his arm patting himself on the back.
commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:24:58 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 04:35:46 AM by commonorx

This thread is a repository of the findings of all parties.  My only contribution to this thread was to simply keep it on task with research.  I enjoy learning what is happening and take offense to detours of the original intent.  Such negativity only discourages and harms progress.  We're not curing cancer here but I do see merit in such an investment to walk a different path for research.  For this I applaud the brave few, even if it is not cheap to run, hashes less, or simply never ROI's.  I do feel that some people here on the forum are smarter than some folks over at AMD and might find some interesting things out.  Other forum members in other post reverse engineer firmware from asic companies all day long and know more about the shit than the oem.  I am just waiting for these types of breakthroughs to happen here in this post.  If this forum could combine the IQ's of many some serious stuff would be solved.

I would gladly pay for something that made Vegas mine 2X more for the same power.  I am hoping that is where this thread goes, let alone potentially for free as implied in the title.

Cute post. I don't think you understand a number of things but that is fine. I believe that AMD hardware and embedded software engineers who are tasked with developing custom boards and memory controllers would take some offence at your statements. I think they know quite well what they are dealing with when they spec a new board. I don't know what you expect to learn since no one has reversed engineered AMD graphics drivers but please go ahead and start a new thread with the challenge being to reverse engineer a GPU driver binary and see how many smart people stand up.

As I already told you, you can do whatever you want and term it research if you like but you must understand that we have all the control you could ever ask for. AMD allowed us to push the physical limits of the hardware, by allowing modification of the power and clock frequencies to be manipulated via the windows reg. You can't do that with Nvida. So please since we can already over clock and under volt, please tell me what else you hope to learn? The mining software becomes the next most important piece. If you want to know what the hardware limitations are, that is also well documented.

The only way you are going to get a 2x more out of the Vegas would be to double the memory speed (GDDR6). There is only so much software can do. You can't make a Pentium 75 into an Core i7 through software.

commonorx

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:36:22 AM

The only wisdom i've gleaned off this rigged guys posts is what NOT to do.  He likes to regurgitate things that everyone already knows and break his arm patting himself on the back.

How do I like your post Smiley
eleceng1979

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:52:40 AM

Not sure if being rude is a natural thing for you but your pretty good at it.  Since you know it all please enlighten us with something other than criticism.  I will take my dumb ass to bed, I've learned enough from you tonight.  You simply are missing the point, offer nothing but criticism, and honestly seem to exist here to piss off people.  Do you ever notice how the loudest people talking in a room know the least?  Please enjoy responding to your own post, goodnight.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:10:35 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2018, 09:49:07 AM by RIGED

i dont feel the need to defend myself in the slightest

im getting max speed on Ethash and Cryptonight using parts i researched off others (always referenced) mixed with my own testing, knowledge

this thread is intended to be a public catalogue of my results and methods

been involved in forums since they were called bbs (bulletinboardservice) and know that some people are either too stupid or paid shills,
unfortunately we must put up with them like toilet background noise (poopplop)or use earmuffs by pressing the ignore button

tip of the day is:

when setting frequency values (not voltage) try so they can be divided by 6 into a whole number
example 1200 is preferable to 1199
obviously this is not always important but i have found that it helps the hardware run smoother in many instances

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:00:08 AM

i dont feel the need to defend myself in the slightest

im getting max speed on Ethash and Cryptonight using parts i researched off others (always referenced) mixed with my own testing, knowledge

this thread is intended to be a public catalogue of my results and methods

been involved in forums since they were called bbs (bulletinboardservice) and know that some people are either too stupid or paid shills,
unfortunately we must put up with them like toilet background noise (poopplop)or use earmuffs by pressing the ignore button

tip of the day is:

when setting frequency values (not voltage) try so they can be divided by 6 into a whole number
example 1200 is preferable to 1199
obviously this is not always important but i have found that it helps the hardware run smoother in many instances

Thanks for sharing your findings. It is strange to see people jumping on your thread aggressively, trying to stop you... If they have really better strategy, why are they angry about you? Doubting about their real motivation...

For me, I still prefer mining some minor cryptonight coins hoping to have better gains but I am very interested by your experimentations on eth: it is always better to have more options.

By the way did you manage you goals with vega FE on cryptonight?

I hope you will continue your thread...
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:01:33 AM

Have you tried mining Neoscrypt with the Vegas? I read somewhere they should be able to easily reach 1200MH/s+. Might actually be more profitable than ETH if used on a Neoscrypt switching pool like Zergpool or Ahashpool. Should be able to try Gatelessgate Sharp or NSGminer.
I suppose this is 1.2Mh/s and not 1200mh/s which would be insane.
A GTX 1080 ti can do 1.8Mh/s, which is rather good.
A GTX 1070 ti can do around 1.2-1.4 Mh/s which is very good for the price (supposing you bought the card at normal price).
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Thanks for sharing your findings. It is strange to see people jumping on your thread aggressively, trying to stop you... If they have really better strategy, why are they angry about you? Doubting about their real motivation...

For me, I still prefer mining some minor cryptonight coins hoping to have better gains but I am very interested by your experimentations on eth: it is always better to have more options.

By the way did you manage you goals with vega FE on cryptonight?

I hope you will continue your thread...

trying to find the time for more trial and error

using only one FE i have succesfuly coded 4 threads which are being recognised by the miner without fail
i have tweeked the intensities for each thread in an diminishing scale
playing around with memory alocations, batch sizes etc

almost there but not i dunno hahah,
 and yes i will post the info here FOR FREE when i get the first hashrate confirm on all 4 threads

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: