Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:15:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM  (Read 10801 times)
bandana121

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:22:20 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Tip of the Day

Mine Turtle Coin and sell on Tradeogre, at 1 Satoshi you earn average $30/day@28KHs if you need the $$$ now and its great to keep as it cant get any cheaper
i use:
https://trtl.mine2gether.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just so I can understand may I ask how you came to know about this please? Was it from a website or your from own research into the profobilility of the coin?

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:21:55 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Tip of the Day

Mine Turtle Coin and sell on Tradeogre, at 1 Satoshi you earn average $30/day@28KHs if you need the $$$ now and its great to keep as it cant get any cheaper
i use:
https://trtl.mine2gether.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------

Just so I can understand may I ask how you came to know about this please? Was it from a website or your from own research into the profobilility of the coin?

He just regurgitates stuff from other sites/posts.  You can find whats best to mine for cryptonight here.  Try "live profit"  https://www.cryptunit.com/  The problem usually lies when you go to mine with everyone else the difficulty skyrockets and you don't earn what the calculator claimed you would.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:38:43 AM

He just regurgitates stuff from other sites/posts.  You can find whats best to mine for cryptonight here.  Try "live profit"  https://www.cryptunit.com/  The problem usually lies when you go to mine with everyone else the difficulty skyrockets and you don't earn what the calculator claimed you would.

Hey thanks. Didn't know there was a cryptonight only profit calculator. Do you happen to have any experience with the accuracy of these estimates?
I was about to sell off my VEGAs (is that a good idea?) but after seeing this i guess i could still squeeze some profit from them.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:45:50 PM

Hey thanks. Didn't know there was a cryptonight only profit calculator. Do you happen to have any experience with the accuracy of these estimates?
I was about to sell off my VEGAs (is that a good idea?) but after seeing this i guess i could still squeeze some profit from them.

This calc is pretty accurate unless there is a big spike in one of the coins prices, then like I previously said everyone jumps on to mine it and the difficulty rises so everyone makes a lot less.
bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:38:11 PM

This calc is pretty accurate unless there is a big spike in one of the coins prices, then like I previously said everyone jumps on to mine it and the difficulty rises so everyone makes a lot less.

So in your experience is better to mine a coin thats more stable?
RIGED (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:03:41 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 09:24:46 PM by RIGED

i came about the information via my own research

in continuation,  proceeded to mine the coin and verify the calculator claims which were accurate enough for me to make a suggestion here

I do not repeat others without clearly indicating so with sources stated and credit given where its due (eg I sent ETH to Geek Mark for giving US 2000H/s on the frontiers)

unfortunately this thread has gainned a resisent troll with nothing constructive to add but rather critisise  spreading rumours and lies

if you've been on forums long enough you know that trolled threads have something to offer that's been obscured by some bozo

if you own a Vega you need this link:

https://www.cryptunit.com/

all the cryptonight / cryptonote minable coins with their relevant info/links/downloads/pools/charts etc

dont like to quote myself,
from previous page

---------------------------------------------------

development of new Vega Rig software is underway,
will be running preliminary tests mid next month attempting release in conjunction with the VEGA Token ITO
a beta pre release will occur for those few that showed interest (so far) before launch

my miners are steady, allowing time for development and evolution

busy bee... no time for petty bullshit

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:21:49 PM

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:31:26 PM

think we'll let bitmain and biakal show us theirs before we show them OURS     Wink

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:12:18 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 05:30:22 PM by RIGED

https://vegatoken.org/ is currently scripting software for mass adoption, that will detect hardware and automate miner starts and restarts at set presets of choice (speed/power draw), for EThash and Cryptonight

the Software Package will be released at the end of the ITO period
Official Announce in 2 weeks approx

would be glad to hear suggestions for inclusion within the architecture

all info concerning the VGA project on this thread should be considered a heads up for the enthusiast,
my thank you to all here came in the form of a promocode on the previous page

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
bubaba

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:59:39 PM

Whats definetely needed imo is

1.)
A log file, where you can see min/max. temperature of Core and Memory of every card. The interested miner wants to check the specs of his rig at any time and if it chrashes he wants to see what happened, when and with which card.

2.)
Easy use of software to reach as many Vegaminers as possible. As long as the software is not stable or to complicated to install/use people wont take the risk to try something new and lose mining time while trying.

3.)
Different presets. It should be possible to start different presets within an Algo. Something like eco(low power consumption) standard(best hash/watt) or turbo(max hash).

4.)
Different presets in your mining strategy. Something like
Safe Mode(despite Difficulty and Global hashrate the rig farms only "safecoins" or the "bigplayers") Like only switching between etherium monero and electronium f.e.
Performance mode(searching the lowest difficulty so u get max coin for your hash on whatever currency is the easiest to mine).

5.)
For every preset there should be the possibility to specify his own coin set.

For an example.
User wants standard peformance mode for Monero, SUMO and Etherium on his rig.
=> Oc settings for best hash/watt and searching lowest difficulty to get max coin of whatever coins are specified by user/system.

Hope this can help
Greetz
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:21:58 PM

thnx!

seems we cant be off the mark as what most would like to see in the software

we are focusing, in order, on stability, ease, speed and power consumption
VGA QuickMinerStart V01.0.0 has already within the architecture:

1.)
HBM2 Temperature gauge with throttling cut offs,
i will talk to the software coding team about a log file (perhaps as part of an update package)
2.)
Easy User Interface, to control 2 presets (ECO and TURBO) for Ethash 41.5-44.3MH/s and Cryptonight 1840-2010H/s and ability to manualy toggle the usual states from Wattman/Ntool (lower states are controlled by fixed/volatile reg tables)

The software will be tested first by the VegaToken Dev Team to make sure its up to par and cross checked for any unwanted coding before released as beta to those whom have already shown their COST FREE interest at https://vegatoken.org/, thank you, to you many that have already.
At the close of the Initial Token Offer those whom opted to participate in the VGA community shall receive their copy and subsequent updates/drivers.

3.)
Presets come from R&D and we are fully loaded and underfunded at the moment meaning more presets will come with future updates, we are keeping it simple and easy to start with.

4.)
There are plans to include a smart-switch between coins, the question being rigs with lesser power must look at the difficulty curve over a longer period than faster rigs, its simply a lot of extra detection and action coding that would send the cost of this initial Dev Team funded project over the limits in terms of time and money and that's the truth.

5.)
As explained in point 2.) there will be 2 presets for the two algos Ethash and Cryptonight

Thank you for the suggestions but as you can see vega minds think alike, the rest of your suggestions and any more can be implemented either after beta release or after ITO as an update.
There are more features we have laid in the framework for example a auto restart on crash and timed restart for those that wish it.

Trying to keep it as light, fast, stable and easy as possible, ultimately after finding your prefered settings at initial setup there should be only one button to start mining from PC startup.

Its framed on WIN10-64 for now.

We have also begun design of the first 54MH/s-2300H/s VGA Blockchain Drivers, which should be available Q4 2018 but thats not a promise yet (hoping sooner, will see after ITO)

We are plannig to start 4 thread cryptonight mining on the FE with special a HBM2 contoller and kernel setup, all this after the ITO

Getting ready for Official ANN thread......

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Coinbaker_criptobakery

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 10:23:51 PM

Fully agree with you. I also bet for a vega 56 rig. All details here:
http://criptobakery.com/?page_id=101

Wish you all the best.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:35:29 PM

Fully agree with you. I also bet for a vega 56 rig. All details here:
http://criptobakery.com/?page_id=101

Wish you all the best.

thnx,
 I personally cant wait to have the beta quick miner start for testing but its still under development

hoping this effort will benefit all Vega owners now and in the future

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:01:33 AM

DieTapeoutsAreNotMicroArchs 2 weeks ago.

You must mean the Vega 10 base die tapeout that is a rather shader heavy design that has to do dual duty as the base die design used for AMD's Radeon Pro WX 9100s and Radeon Instinct MI25s compute/AI SKUs and the same Vega 10 base die design/tapeout that is used for the Vega 56/64(64 ROPs max) SKUs. Vega 10 has a great reputation with compute/mining usage and the Vega 10 base die was only designed to compete with the GP104 base die based GTX 1080(64 ROPs max) and not the GP102(96 total ROPs available) base die based GTX 1080Ti with the Ti's 88 ROPs able to really beat both the Vega 64 and the GTX1080 in that pixel fill rate metric that sees the GTX1080Ti able to push out the highest FPS metrics.

The Vega GPU micro-arch is very efficient on that nCU basis and just look at Raven Ridge and Vega is used there for low power mobile as well as desktop Raven Ridge. The Vega 10 base die based Vega 64 competes nicely with the GTX 1080 as it was designed to do and it is only because of those excess shader cores on the Vega 10 base die based Vega 56/64 SKUs have that is the only reason that those SKUs use more power and are so popular with the miners for that very reason of having an excess of shader cores(load of hashes).

Nvidia can afford to spend millions on 5 differet base die tapouts(GP100, GP102, GP104. GP106. and GP108) while AMD at the time only could afford that one Vega 10 base die tapout that had to be used across its professional(WX 9100, MI25) compute/AI SKUs and its consumer gaming(Vega 56/64) top end SKUs. Anything Vega 10 base die based is not really tuned for gaming only not with all those excess shader cores provided by the Vega 10 tapeout.

Wait for A gaming focused discrete Vega base die tapeout before you can fully judge the Vega GPU micro-arch's real efficiency. I'd like to even See the Vega Discrete Mobile variant's TMU to shader ratios and ROP to shader ratios looked at and compared to any Pascal variant's TMU to shader rations and ROP to shader ratios. Ditto for that Intel/Vega semi-custom Vega discrete die tapeout the is used on the EMIB/MCM.

The Vega 56 SKUs has the same number of TMUs(224), and shader cores(3584) as the GTX 1080Ti but lacks the ROPs, the Vega 56 has 64 ROPs(same number as the Vega 64, at 64 ROPs) while GTX 1080Ti has 88 ROPs, and ROPs are where the pixel fill rate equates directy to FPS. Maybe if AMD tapes out a new Vega Base die that offers more ROPs similar to GP102(96 total ROPs available) then AMD can compete wtith the GTX 1080Ti(88 ROPs) . GP102 is more a Nvidia Pro GPU base die tapeout anyways as GP104 was the actually the gaming only focused tapeout that the GTX1080/70 are based on. Vega 10 is a computing oriented design with its 4096 shader cores and it's no wonder the miners want the Vega 64 that uses 4096 shaders and that's a load of extra compute.

credit to Gamers Nexus
https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3262-asrock-officially-making-video-cards-for-amd-gpus

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:21:26 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 01:50:42 AM by RIGED

VEGA Token (VGA) update

Quick Miner Start V01.0.0 is in the embroynic stage as the software developers VGA has employed for the job are a few days into coding.
We expect a beta version to be tested by the VGA Dev Team within 30-40days.

Announcement will be formely posted here on BITCOINTALK within the next 3-14days.

To remind you, a holding of 0.00000050VGA (50VGA satoshi) or more qualifies you as a member of the VGA Development Community and you will receive all VGA Software/Driver etc releases at no extra charge.
Cost of 50VGA satoshi = 0.1ETH, price for this offer and later at ITO.
-----------------------------------------------------

VGA is now available on the decentralised trading platform EtherDelta at this address:

https://etherdelta.com/#0x26b2b4952a10b1782827d339a02aecb008edb817-ETH   

You will need a Metamask Wallet to purchase, receive and hold VGA.
Download the Metamask Wallet as an extension  to Chrome Explorer:
In Chrome top right click the three dots, popup hover 'more tools' and 'extensions'
in the search field type 'Metamask' click to addon.
Once you create it, logon and click on 'Tokens' tab and then 'Add Token', at the popup fill in the following:

VEGA Token contract address: 0x26b2b4952A10b1782827D339a02aEcb008Edb817
Token Symbol: VGA
Decimals: 8

VGA should now show under the Tokens tab in Metamask.
Send some ETH to your Metamask wallet.

Open the EtherDelta link provided above, in Chrome with your Metamask wallet logged on.
The wallet should automaticaly sync with EtherDelta showing your ETH balance top right.

Deposit the ammount of ETH you want to EtherDelta, Top left under 'BALANCES' fill in the ETH ammount and click deposit. It should show almost instantly.

YOU ARE READY TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY

commit by:

on EtherDelta
click on 200000.00000 under ORDER BOOK and at the pop-up fill in the ammount of VEGA you would like to participate with minimum 0.00000051 as the 1VGAsatoshi is the blockchain charge (the ETH ammount will autofill before you commit, check that its correct.) and click BUY.
WELCOME!!! YOU ARE NOW ELLIGIBLE FOR ALL VGA RELEASES

After purchasing, send us a message from https://vegatoken.org/ or at admin@vegatoken.org  with the Transaction hash (Tx) and your Metamask public wallet address  so we can promptly send you an additional 10 VGA satoshi (0.00000010VGA)

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you want to purchase VGA directly from us, bypassing the safetynet that EtherDelta offers at a price, you can send ETH at the below address and an accompanying message to admin@vegatoken.org with the Tx and your Metamask public address to receive the equivalent VGA to your ETH deposit at the above stated price plus the 10VGA satoshi bonus.

VEGA Community Pool Wallet:
0x7377948A1Efa6f357C78F0Ad3F6433c3C48AF787

----------------------------------------------------------

The above offer will expire at the moment of official Announcement with no other forms of bonus/discounts/airdrops/etc for ITO participants.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tip: You can use https://www.myetherwallet.com for easier access your Metamask Wallet or any other Ethereum wallet in their list.

VEGA Token will never ask you for private keys, seeds or any other private wallet information, and if you ever receive such a request, discard and please report it to us.

For now and until official ANN, post any questions here on this thread.

Ofcourse after purchasing VGA you can sell them on EtherDelta for now as VGA will be listed on Centralised Exchanges after ITO.

much more to follow...

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:53:01 PM

I'm am very eager to become a member/holder/user(whatever the correct term is....  I went through hell getting my Vegas all running stable and at each ones top speed. I am still lacking the monitoring capabilities and event logging that I hope to gain with the vga software!  Big thanks to the folks putting this together!

Also, I have a question. I see that support for Ethash and cryptonight algorithms are planned. Is there any chance that the team may look into supporting the cuckoo cycle algo in the future? It looks to be very promising and many coins that chose cryptonight for its egalitarian properties may move towards it if it proves to deliver on the promise of being far more of an egalitarian algo. Also it would be great to be early to the game for something for once. Seems like nvidia miners always get the first shot at very new coin mining... At least that has been my experience.

Anyways, again, thanks for launching this project!
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:57:37 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 12:39:40 AM by RIGED

I'm am very eager to become a member/holder/user(whatever the correct term is....  I went through hell getting my Vegas all running stable and at each ones top speed. I am still lacking the monitoring capabilities and event logging that I hope to gain with the vga software!  Big thanks to the folks putting this together!

Also, I have a question. I see that support for Ethash and cryptonight algorithms are planned. Is there any chance that the team may look into supporting the cuckoo cycle algo in the future? It looks to be very promising and many coins that chose cryptonight for its egalitarian properties may move towards it if it proves to deliver on the promise of being far more of an egalitarian algo. Also it would be great to be early to the game for something for once. Seems like nvidia miners always get the first shot at very new coin mining... At least that has been my experience.

Anyways, again, thanks for launching this project!

Thanx for the vote of confidence,

We chose these 2 algos due to their popularity amongst Vega miners, as we have the upper hand especialy when it comes to Cryptonight. Support for other algos will come after a popular vote amongst the "member/holder/user(whatever the correct term is...." (sorry for the confusion but in todays age you can chose what you are hahah) which will be the modus operandi of the VGA community development projects in general, why develop something that most do not need or want.

We have plans to create a new coin in conjunction with new Drivers (next project after ITO) that will be heavily biased on the Vega architecture, meaning that our GPUs will mine it far more efficiently than anything else.
We are also pleased to see that the Dev. Team at SumoKoin have taken very positive steps in protecting GPU miners from the centralised abominations (asic), and are planning open dialogue with them in the near future for a possible Vega specific synergy.

We have a firm belief (based on facts like the VEGA chip architecture description post above) that the VEGA 64, 56 and FE have immense compute capabilities that have been intentionaly jarred for a slow rollout of performance enhancing drivers by the official sources to prolong the product lifecycle. We are seeking your support in unjarring them fully for obvious reasons.

There is a whole string of changes and settings a VEGA mining rig needs to be stable that have been outlined in this thread and more detailed by others like ofcourse here http://vega.miningguides.com/
To be clear if you cut corners in the initial setup the miner instability will not be magicaly fixed by the VGA Quick Miner Start but it will be less annoying as restarting the miner will be made automatic (aside from pc freeze)

This intial software package, curently under creation, will be updated regularly with additional functions over time, as will most of the VGA releases
and not as AMD claims in their pathetic attempt at blockchain drivers:
"This driver is provided as a beta level support driver which should be considered "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes."
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

the nerve of these idiots pissing all over their core customers, being miners not gamers (i just bought another 6 64s, how many do gamers buy?)

----------------------------------------

VGA Progress Update:

Seems our Software Engineers are confident they can complete the project ahead of schedule (but not under budget hahah) so the ITO date seems to come closer but its early days yet as we dont know what challenges lay ahead.

What i am trying to hint at is that at an unannounced moment the offer made in the above post will become invalid, so if you wish to participate with the 20% bonus, NOW is the time.
Just follow the step by step instructions in the same post.

We tried to make it as easy as possible and at a current minimum participation level of 40USD approx or 0.1ETH it should be affordable for all miners big, medium and small.
Take advantage today, VEGA Token will not be so cheap in the near future i believe  Wink

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:37:05 AM

I agree about what you said with the careful setup. I also leaned on  http://vega.miningguides.com/  , as well as Geek Marks videos and others out there. I really like hearing you say that it is believed that there is much more potential to unlock in these things! I just took the leap on mine knowing for two reasons, cryptonight & I figured since they were 14nm that they would hopefully have a decent lifespan where the mining abilities stay well enough ahead of power consumption.

Also agree that the sumo team is doing great work, I read one of the devs write up on cn v7 vs heavy and why they felt v7 was going to be to easy to create another asic for. Hopefully that still works in our favor and bitmai gets lured into wasting more resources building a bunch of paper weights a second time and don't get any time to use them in secret since everyone will be extra aware of any major jumps in difficulty after better knowing how those manufacturers do things.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:41:25 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 12:16:48 PM by RIGED

I agree about what you said with the careful setup. I also leaned on  http://vega.miningguides.com/  , as well as Geek Marks videos and others out there. I really like hearing you say that it is believed that there is much more potential to unlock in these things! I just took the leap on mine knowing for two reasons, cryptonight & I figured since they were 14nm that they would hopefully have a decent lifespan where the mining abilities stay well enough ahead of power consumption.

Also agree that the sumo team is doing great work, I read one of the devs write up on cn v7 vs heavy and why they felt v7 was going to be to easy to create another asic for. Hopefully that still works in our favor and bitmai gets lured into wasting more resources building a bunch of paper weights a second time and don't get any time to use them in secret since everyone will be extra aware of any major jumps in difficulty after better knowing how those manufacturers do things.

yea, I sent Geek Mark an ETH donation a while back for his method of disable/enable for the FE, the guy figured it out by himself spending many hours of his time for us all, that's something which is rare in todays world thus I felt compelled to reward him for it

-------------------------------------------------------
To All:

As far as the VGA team is concerned, we also devote our time for the benefit of all but the cost of developing software we cannot bear alone unless we start selling the developed software at a 4 digit $ price, something that would benefit only large miners and that is something against our philosophy.
Surely this is not what you all want, as we prefer your support to see this through otherwise we will just do this for ourselves (its already paid for) and post images.

I comprehend that so far all you see is the initial setup ie. Token creation, Website, Etherscan registration, Logo design, Mail server, etc which we have paid for already, but rest assured with no notice the ITO will be commenced and i can promise you will not gain the 20% bonus offered now or the special status of getting the QMS (Quick Miner Start) at least a month ahead of everybody else.

We really cannot make it any easier or cheaper at this point (with thoughts of increasing the participation price at ITO due to cost).

This will be the last update for the current project on this thread until official ITO ANN, time is running out faster than we anticipated, fair warning issued.

---------------------------------------

Stability issues resolved
285 Hrs continous operation with Claymore mining ETH

https://imgur.com/MJDRM9I

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:22:37 AM

VEGA Token (VGA) update

EtherDelta
click on 200000.00000 under ORDER BOOK and at the pop-up fill in the ammount of VEGA you would like to participate with minimum 0.00000051 as the 1VGAsatoshi is the blockchain charge (the ETH ammount will autofill before you commit, check that its correct.) and click BUY.
WELCOME!!! YOU ARE NOW ELLIGIBLE FOR ALL VGA RELEASES

After purchasing, send us a message from https://vegatoken.org/ or at admin@vegatoken.org  with the Transaction hash (Tx) and your Metamask public wallet address  so we can promptly send you an additional 10 VGA satoshi (0.00000010VGA)

DONE!  Holding a bag of VGA  Grin

I am proud to say that I am now officially on board!   I am looking forward to being a part of this group and helping however I can too!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: