Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM  (Read 10801 times)
Biggums

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:47:23 AM

getting 7435h from 6x64 and 2815h from 2xFE
only 100w and 30w more

no oc yet just intensity tweaking

You'll have to excuse me but my knowlege of this subject is extemely limited.

Would I be correct in understanding that your working on getting the vega 64 running on 2 threads? If so, using this method what would be your 'ideal' outcome in terms of hashing power from a single card be? (potentially ~4000h/s working on the basis a single thread would be ~2000h/s?).

P.S. Please don't laugh too much if if I've completely misundertood the subject.

No the vega cards get hash around 2000 h/s on cryptonight when properly configured with 2 threads per card. In XMR stak one must go into the amd.txt file after running the software the first time and manually create a second thread for each card.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RIGED (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:15:47 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2018, 01:32:38 PM by RIGED

4 new reg tables acting as default settings even on crash

XMR ECO preset, currently being developed, offers a minimum 25% wattage reduction to below 1000w for 6 Vega64 + peripherals

you can see the hash rate report
we are testing with cpu mining enabled for those of you that do, i personaly keep cpu resources only for system stability functions, so will be disabling it soon

we also added a driver version report (top right on QMS window)
look at lower state values on Ntool, these are default now via auto reg edit by clicking Activate on QMS
forgot to mention that QMS also disable/enable all gpu in event of crash/miner freeze to clear "stuck in thread" and keep on mining
crash minimum fan setting now 25% not 10rpm
setting up 0%fee pool with coin switch option, to auto connect with QMS pool button click
all this and much more with 50VGA satoshi participation that was $35...

https://imgur.com/N6Azt8g

im waiting for a moron to accuse me of photoshoping  images next  Tongue

to clarify again, im not a or the programer, VGA QMS v10.0.0 is coded by an expert hired by the VGA Community using VGA Community funds
all testing is conducted on my rigs so i take screen pics when he completes a task the VGA Dev team has set for this project

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
bubaba

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:55:43 PM

i like what i read, gathering many tools in one nice software
keep it up and ignore the haters plz

looking forward to mine with QMS  Wink
bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:23:30 PM

im waiting for a moron to accuse me of photoshoping  images next  Tongue

Well wait no more.....just kidding!

Just to be clear though I do admire what your doing.

Keep up the good work.

RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:00:27 AM

thnx guys, and please feel free to make suggestions

the programer tweaked QMS to keep the miner running even if  a card drops offline, so you dont get continous restarts if a gpu has failed at a bios/driver/bus level

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:12:59 AM

IM NOT MINING JUST FOR PROFITS

IM TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD

so if you are too stupid and/or psychologicaly/financialy complexed to comprehend that, stand out of the way and watch
(or go back to your amd sponsored cubicle)

Your comment made me think of this video. You can skip the first 5 minutes or so of this video... but as he nears the end he gets into a passionate talk that shares the same sentiment with your comments.

https://youtu.be/R00g6E8Yet4
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:52:18 AM

IM NOT MINING JUST FOR PROFITS

IM TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD

so if you are too stupid and/or psychologicaly/financialy complexed to comprehend that, stand out of the way and watch
(or go back to your amd sponsored cubicle)

Your comment made me think of this video. You can skip the first 5 minutes or so of this video... but as he nears the end he gets into a passionate talk that shares the same sentiment with your comments.

https://youtu.be/R00g6E8Yet4

Dan has his heart and gut in the right place, comprehends the dangers of centralised blockchain systems and the overpowering dominance that can be exerted through them,

i am a big supporter of anything decentralised especially the most commonly used tool of the planet, ie money (medium of exchange), if people knew they are happy unwitting tax farm slaves we would not have privately owned central banks ruling planetary reality

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:13:35 PM

qms software now has an all gpu disable/enable button
sourced from device id post detection and edit of devcon, to make it automatic for all systems with no manual setup

if user thinks an easy manual refresh will help system stability

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:27:34 PM

sourced from device id post detection and edit of devcon, to make it automatic for all systems with no manual setup

On my rig (with 7 Vega's at present), I have a bat file that disables and then enables all 7 cards. This is the number one time that my rig gets blue screen or hangs. I would estimate that it crashes 1 in 5 times when in this process, and 3 out of 5 times when I am running the enable disable process while managing it remotely from another device.

Personally IMO, it would be better if QMS had a way to just enable the hbm2 directly in a similar way to how the AMD software does instead of using the devcon enable/disable trick method.

If the software could just see if the hbm memory is enabled on each card the way the AMD software does, and then enable it if desired, and have an option to have it always enabled would be better than completely disabling(and re-enabling) the entire device in Windows just to turn on one feature of the GPU. Then if the software doesn't see it enabled it just enables it without having to disable the cards in Windows. AMD's software does this so somehow it's possible.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:32:40 PM

On my rig (with 7 Vega's at present), I have a bat file that disables and then enables all 7 cards. This is the number one time that my rig gets blue screen or hangs. I would estimate that it crashes 1 in 5 times when in this process, and 3 out of 5 times when I am running the enable disable process while managing it remotely from another device.

Personally IMO, it would be better if QMS had a way to just enable the hbm2 directly in a similar way to how the AMD software does instead of using the devcon enable/disable trick method.

If the software could just see if the hbm memory is enabled on each card the way the AMD software does, and then enable it if desired, and have an option to have it always enabled would be better than completely disabling(and re-enabling) the entire device in Windows just to turn on one feature of the GPU. Then if the software doesn't see it enabled it just enables it without having to disable the cards in Windows. AMD's software does this so somehow it's possible.

Hi!

we are on it, but ofcourse easier said than done

the AMD Driver disable/enable BUG and ALL other BUGS are planned to be fixed by Q4 2018 the latest with release of VGA VegaComputeDrivers v01.0.0
we have been clear from the beggining,
the VGA project has primary focus on Development of NEW COMPUTE DRIVER packages, and this is the next VGA community task

The QMS v01.0.0 is a purely mining support program which will develop in its own right as an indespensable tool for the Vega owner

in other words when you participate in the VGA Community its not to just get the initial QMS package, its a running investment through time with constant developments

Ed has been busy adding features to the QMS  Grin

https://imgur.com/CrKYf8p

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
CryptoPlay

Activity: 202
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:33:34 AM

xmr-stak is hanging a lot my rig.

Are u using it ? What miner are u on?

https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-2065.png
Biggums

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 02:21:32 PM

Yes I'm using Stak. What are your intensity settings? Are you also using cpu, or just gpu alone?
oblione

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

Howdy People!!

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this.

I've already got a few rigs of vega 64's & 56's (sapphire reference cards) that run excellent at the lowe power rates (~160w.)

I got hold of a few Gigabyte vega 56's Gaming OC editiion cards and was wondering if I can apply the same regedit tables etc to them as I would with a reference card. They draw way too much power just over clocked but I'm not sure how safe it is to use the powerplay tables / regedit on them.

Any one got any experience with these?

cheers
bandana121

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

Howdy People!!

I've already got a few rigs of vega 64's & 56's (sapphire reference cards) that run excellent at the lowe power rates (~160w.)

I got hold of a few Gigabyte vega 56's Gaming OC editiion cards and was wondering if I can apply the same regedit tables etc to them as I would with a reference card. They draw way too much power just over clocked but I'm not sure how safe it is to use the powerplay tables / regedit on them.

cheers

Hey,

Personally I'm not sure but there a section on this tutorial about powerplay tables that should hopefully clarify that.

http://vega.miningguides.com/
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:42:17 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 08:22:00 PM by RIGED

Howdy People!!

cheers
if you flash bios with 64 they work the almost the same as 64s from what I understand so you can use all the same mods

I know this since my bro has done exactly that with 4xVega56s and they work just fine
unfortunately I cannot guide you through the process but the info is readily available on the net

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:44:02 PM

I posted the amd.txt files in the code boxes previously, just copy paste it should work

check virtual memory is over 60000

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:53:46 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 08:38:54 PM by RIGED

running 6 cards 265Mh/s ETH with 1030W system wide including screen and 2 fans

we have made it possible in VGA QMS v01.0.0 to set your own lower state values in GPU P0toP4 and MEM P0toP2 clocks  and voltages as well as the usual Ntool set higher values, creating your own presets

what this means is that you program the softpowerplay hex table by simply inputing your desired values  (and saving as a personal preset ofcourse)

and reset cards at will, and prevent fan drop, and keep miner running if 1 gpu has a problem and and and and...

all this with my rigs being treated as lab rats with blue screens and reinstalls and mobo changes and no mining revenue

getting the 0%fee pools and miners off the drawing board also, at the same time as Developing a new VGA Compute Driver Package to boost Hashrate and decrease Wattage

so thanx for your moral support, it helps at 4am when im reinstaling GPUs

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:12:05 PM

Howdy People!!

cheers
if you flash bios with 64 they work the almost the same as 64s from what I understand so you can use all the same mods

wrong, you can't flash all 56's to 64's because AIB's use crappy Hynix memory and 64's use samsung.  Not even sure what kind of weird echo chamber you got going here and now you are trying to take peoples money with some program that will be 100% obsolete by the time its finished?
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:28:16 PM

WHAAAAAATT?

you will have to speak louder than that

all I hear is "this user is currently ignored"

Kiss

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Biggums

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:49:49 PM

Howdy People!!

cheers

I have a few MSI 56 cards that have crap Hynix mem in them and they all work with edited registries lowering all P-states. I have run memory voltage down to 850 or something and they ran, it was the clock speed mine were finicky about. They don't seem to mind any amount of undervolting BUT they will not handle the same memory clock speeds as the 64's or the one 56 I have with samsung memory. I had a lot of trouble getting my stuff fully stable in the beggining since I kept reading in so many places that the 56's would run 1000 or even 1050 on the memory clock once the BIOS was flashed. I have a few cards that won't even run at 1000 on the mem clock. I currently have all of mine down to 960 so I don't have to worry which card is which and I get good enough hash rates at that mem clock. 100% stable for days on end. I did have to pick the right BIOS carefully... For MSI the "latest" 64 BIOS did not work at all. MSI brand showed 3 options for air cooled 64 cards and only one of them worked, it was a total nightmare figuring all that out! Though  I bricked a few cards one night, such a nightmare.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: