Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your advice: When should I cash out?  (Read 2716 times)
danpaz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Trust your guts, when you feel its time close the deal and wait another good entry if you plan to trade again,
By the way nice job on diversifying your portfolio, good job not all traders like the idea of diversifying investment
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:33:41 AM

NO one can advise you when you should cash out it is totally up to you when you want to sell. It is you who has to decide when will it be profitable for you to sell your bitcoins. One thing that can be suggested is just keeping in mind, only sell when you think you are making a profit and just don't sell anytime you feel that won't be a smart move.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:03:52 AM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

However, I have a problem - how do I train myself to know when to cash out?

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

How do you know when to cash out??

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

I admire your entire approach to managing your crypto investments. In particular, cashing out only in times of real need is a very great attitude you can really be proud of. I think you should focus less on the rise and fall of your coins' market. It is, after all, very basic that such coins will experience high and low points in their valuation. In the end, their entire worth is still rising in general. So just do your holding thing but couple it out with constant following of your coins' updates and news.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:02:00 AM

OP if you don't need money then just hold it and let it grow but if you want to secure your investment I suggest you to convert at least 25% of your coins to fit and save it in bank. We really regret when we cash out and suddenly it pumps but this is part of the game, however, it's still a win win situation.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:04:05 AM

When it reaches $17,000, I guess. But this suggestion is for those who are actually trading against the fiat price of bitcoins. If you want to earn without the huge risk, then just hold on to it. I do believe that $17,000 is not even close to what bitcoins will be in the near future. Probably bitcoins could even reach $20,000 before year's end and that's a bit far from today. We only need another $3,000+ to get there, and I do think it is quite possible.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:06:08 AM

i think , the time to cash out if you really need that money or urgent situation and cash out as small as possible , so you have more capital on your exchanger
and more capital more profit
i think that Cheesy
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:11:54 AM

I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

What do you mean cash out? Cash out without invest again or cash out to get profit and buy back in low price?
If cash out and buy back, i think is depend on your strategy.
For me i better to buy low and sell it in small profit and buy back again.
Denamen

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:12:30 AM

Yes, I completely agree with you. Bitcoin is so hot now. Its price increase every day. So, if I dont need money for my personal works, I wont withdraw.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:36:41 AM

When it reaches $17,000, I guess. But this suggestion is for those who are actually trading against the fiat price of bitcoins. If you want to earn without the huge risk, then just hold on to it. I do believe that $17,000 is not even close to what bitcoins will be in the near future. Probably bitcoins could even reach $20,000 before year's end and that's a bit far from today. We only need another $3,000+ to get there, and I do think it is quite possible.
Right. However, anything is possible right now. I am sure we should expect a lot happening in some few days that even a whole lot of us may not expect. Right now, I really want to believe consolidation is over and if we may go test another top soon once it even past that $17k stage again. My own advice is for the OP to understand that every decision should be in his hands and as long as he understands what he is doing, he should be ready to accept whatever the outcome is, whether right or wrong.
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

If I were you, I will cash out my money if there's an emergency case but because the bitcoin value is getting high every day then I will probably saved it for now or invest it to double my money. And if you are not into money that much then it's fine if you withdraw it anytime you want.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:58:09 AM

sell your Bitcoins or anything you have at your own particular hazard. After you are finished perusing the greater part of the answers here, you are as yet the one that will settle on the choice at last. You should take a gander at the development of the cost of Bitcoin at the market. See with your own eyes. Dissect it extremely well. In the event that you think it can possibly develop greater, at that point you should hold it for a more drawn out time. In any case, on the off chance that you figure its cost will be dumped so hard and it will require investment to return at the high cost once more, at that point you should offer it quickly.
Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:13:09 PM

Thank you everyone the responses. There is a lot of good information here. You are right - this is the fundamental question of traders, and no one can answer it or else they could make unlimited money. In the end it is an individual decision, and there are several decent strategies of when to sell+reinvest.

Using crypto to pay for college.
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 01:20:36 PM

I think you're doing it right for now, cashing in when you need to.
Otherwise if you're interested in cashing at high and investing in others that are low, you should sell when the price is stable at a higher value and buy when it is stable at a lower value.
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:42:04 PM

You can cash out anytime you wanted to it is depends to you. But for me as long as the value are growing you should still hold that particular coins because that can give you extra profits. But if you need money then cash out but never cash it  all out in one sitting because that will leave you no investment for the future. I advise that you should always cash out ehrn the value rises because that is a great opportunity me personally i always cash all my money when that particular coin pumps then i will save my money into another account i always diversify to some security purposes.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:18:36 PM

Well, believe me, there's no such methods to get a certain prediction. At that time when Bitcoin was in 18K, you didn't know whether Bitcoin will fall/retrace or keep pushing up to above $20,000. Right? If your simple strategy is already making you money, keep doing it. Don't be greedy and telling yourself "If I ... I could have ... ". It's a useless thought that will only waste your energy. Your strategy is already good IMO. Buy everything that seems too low or underpriced. The ETH dump to 0.022 was quite crazy though so I managed to buy some, but still I didn't catch that LTC train.

Never go all out from Bitcoin. That's the most profitable advice Cheesy Just like you, I personally never sold Bitcoin more than I need to. Even though I'm a lot richer than I used to be, my lifestyle didn't change a lot. Try to hold as many as you can, the future of Bitcoin will be so exciting.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:15:35 AM

Not these days, I suppose. Wait a bit for stabilization of Bitcoin and altcoins. I would better wait for Ethereum Classic fork also - the event can affect the alts' prices as well. However, it is always hard to predict the right time of cash out.
tibor

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 11:27:02 AM

In my case I have some coins that i HODL and other ones that I trade, this way im not worried about cashout, maybe im not going out of a position on the best moment but i still have the Hodl coins.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:45:24 PM

Yes, I completely agree with you. Bitcoin is so hot now. Its price increase every day. So, if I dont need money for my personal works, I wont withdraw.
Honestly, I really would not even bother.
In this case, I even consider charts as an enemy because they might get you confused. Even as a trader, you cannot always get it right. The market is so unpredictable and anything can just happen, so it is a moment to always be ready for.

If the OP knows he is not on the charts to monitor activities and base his decisions on that, which in that form, he should know he is trading, then he should know that anything after then, most especially without a strategy is going to get him taking a huge fall.

CryptonikaTrade

Activity: 154
Merit: 85

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:01:07 PM

You shouldn't go out from btc. Hodl BTC is better idea for any times

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:50:19 PM

NO one can advise you when you should cash out it is totally up to you when you want to sell. It is you who has to decide when will it be profitable for you to sell your bitcoins. One thing that can be suggested is just keeping in mind, only sell when you think you are making a profit and just don't sell anytime you feel that won't be a smart move.
Yes, obviously. Everyone knows what they look for in a trade and as long as you know what you are doing, then there is no need asking for opinions. BTC market is one market that is highly unpredictable as you might predict one thing now and then you discover something else happening.

Like you said, it is not really a smart move to just sell at any time, and most times, it is always better to even sell when a correction is imminent. So the best, is to wait for that moment and if anything goes wrong, just know how to bail out quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: