Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A report about Bitmit and I am gonna sue them soon  (Read 2360 times)
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

Sadly,it seems that according to their own TOS they have the rights to close my account at any time without notice.

Can't see it being legal for them to keep your money though.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inedible

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:51:14 PM

I knew the risks,but would you ever think someone would trade with you and tell PP about bitcoin ?
Its more like he was trying to throw his own money in the trash but he had to take me with him.
It just wouldn't make any sense and nobody would have doubted it.
About bitmit,I will just give it a shot,I don't know where it is hosted too.

Perhaps he didn't know. It's possible his English wasn't good enough to understand what you meant by

I told the japanese guy to tell them that he sold me anything...

I had to read that a few times before I realised what you meant. I'm not saying you're to blame - just that he might not have understood what you meant nor the repercussions of saying it was Bitcoin he was selling.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:53:04 PM

Sadly,it seems that according to their own TOS they have the rights to close my account at any time without notice.

Can't see it being legal for them to keep your money though.

Well for my account it started with being limited
I uploaded my full documents to them and surprisingly it was refused for no reason.
I made a research and they say if they refuse your documents,then the account is toast and I should start a new fresh account ....
I hoped it was just 180 days limitation and then I can withdraw money to my bank Sad
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:55:29 PM

You can not start fresh account lol. It is a life ban.

If you find a way to start another account, let me know so I can start selling on ebay again.

Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:55:41 PM

I knew the risks,but would you ever think someone would trade with you and tell PP about bitcoin ?
Its more like he was trying to throw his own money in the trash but he had to take me with him.

Perhaps he didn't know. It's possible his English wasn't good enough to understand what you meant by

I had to read that a few times before I realised what you meant. I'm not saying you're to blame - just that he might not have understood what you meant nor the repercussions of saying it was Bitcoin he was selling.

Sadly,he understands English.
Sadly too,he told me before we deal that its legal to trade paypal for bitcoins in JAPAN.
So it doesn't look like he doesn't understand English,I have told him that its not legal like he thought and even if it was legal in his country its not legal in mine.
I have told him exactly in the message when paypal asked for the source of the funds "Tell them that it was for a diablo 3 item or anything that wouldn't cause problems,DON'T tell them that it was for bitcoins because its illegal"
And he never listened to me thinking that its legal in Japan to trade bitcoins for PP ....
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:56:39 PM

You can not start fresh account lol. It is a life ban.

If you find a way to start another account, let me know so I can start selling on ebay again.

I heard you can use pp again but in stealth,which is something I wouldn't consider.
Not after what I have seen from them
Inedible

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:57:52 PM

Sadly,he understands English.
Sadly too,he told me before we deal that its legal to trade paypal for bitcoins in JAPAN.
So it doesn't look like he doesn't understand English,I have told him that its not legal like he thought and even if it was legal in his country its not legal in mine.
I have told him exactly in the message when paypal asked for the source of the funds "Tell them that it was for a diablo 3 item or anything that wouldn't cause problems,DON'T tell them that it was for bitcoins because its illegal"
And he never listened to me thinking that its legal in Japan to trade bitcoins for PP ....

Looks like he only has himself to blame if PP hold onto his funds.

As for your funds I guess you'll likely need to wait at least 90 days till your funds clear although I have no experience of how long they can keep a hold of your money.

Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 03:59:40 PM

As for your funds I guess you'll likely need to wait at least 90 days till your funds clear although I have no experience of how long they can keep a hold of your money.

Holding onto the funds is normal when we exchange large amounts with new customers.
We just make the customer tell paypal he sold something and we confirm it with paypal and they release the funds.
But he made it impossible sadly.

Even after all this,he has been constantly blaming me for 3 days,even bitmit assist him and give him my full private info when it was his fault.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:09:11 PM

Is it even legal for them to confiscate money? Maybe you should sue paypal rather than bitmit.

Closing an account is one thing, confiscating funds without due process is a whole different ball of wax.

Frozen or banned it doesn't matter, PayPal can't and won't just "keep your moniez".

The funds will either:
a) go to law enforcement based on a seizure warrant (highly unlikely in this case)
b) be (partially) used to cover chargebacks and refunds (hopefully your other prior recent customers don't learn of this and decide to get a risk free "refund")
c) be refunded to "you" after 180 days (well the name on the account hopefully it is real)

If these are really your accounts in your names (or your "partners" names) then you should receive the net balance (minus any chargebacks and reversals) in 180 days.  If banned and not just frozen you will never be able to open a new account again.  The "good news" is that forming a corporation or LLC is pretty trivial (some states even allow you to do it online) so you can always open an account in the name of a business (LLC or corporation) where you are the sole member/owner/shareholder. Wink 
Inedible

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:10:14 PM

Holding onto the funds is normal when we exchange large amounts with new customers.
We just make the customer tell paypal he sold something and we confirm it with paypal and they release the funds.
But he made it impossible sadly.

Even after all this,he has been constantly blaming me for 3 days,even bitmit assist him and give him my full private info when it was his fault.

Not sure how he can blame you if you already explained the consequences of telling them it was for Bitcoin.

He said it was legal for him so you should tell him to take it up with PP. He can't hold you responsible for his own beliefs.

arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:10:48 PM

So, your customer money is in your paypal account now and you are not able to refund him the money?

Is it because you are using stealth account and not able to prove your identity to paypal?
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:12:14 PM

So, your customer money is in your paypal account now and you are not able to refund him the money?

No
Until now paypal is holding the funds and won't refund to my paypal even.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:15:09 PM

He said it was legal for him so you should tell him to take it up with PP. He can't hold you responsible for his own beliefs.

I think the confusion is from incorrectly using the term "illegal".  It is legal and it is also legal for PayPal to freeze transactions and/or accounts that are in violation of their TOS.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:22:19 PM

I think the confusion is from incorrectly using the term "illegal".  It is legal and it is also legal for PayPal to freeze transactions and/or accounts that are in violation of their TOS.

What are you trying to prove ?
The word "legal" doesn't match the sentence "bitcoin and paypal exchange"
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:29:20 PM

I think the confusion is from incorrectly using the term "illegal".  It is legal and it is also legal for PayPal to freeze transactions and/or accounts that are in violation of their TOS.

Please cite the law which makes selling Bitcoins by PayPal funds a criminal activity.  Cite the exact statute.  Not your belief, or something your friend told you, or PayPal's TOS (which are not criminal statutes).  You can't because (and apparently this is a very difficult concept for you to grasp) IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.  Period.

Now PayPal's network is the private property of the PayPal corporation and as such they can set rules on their use of their property.  This is no different than you have rules on what you let go on in your house (like never inviting D&T to dinner).  You broke PayPal's rule and got caught and PayPal has taken action against you.  However violating PayPal's TOS isn't in itself a crime.  
arbitrage001
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:43:32 PM

People buying and selling bitcoin is pretty much considered money laundry by the government. And people usually don't report these activities when filing tax. Tax fraud is a pretty big offense in the US.
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:48:58 PM

Please cite the law which makes selling Bitcoins by PayPal funds a criminal activity.  Cite the exact statute.  Not your belief, or something your friend told you, or PayPal's TOS (which are not criminal statutes).  You can't because (and apparently this is a very difficult concept for you to grasp) IT IS NOT ILLEGAL.  Period.

Now PayPal's network is the private property of the PayPal corporation and as such they can set rules on their use of their property.  This is no different than you have rules on what you let go on in your house (like never inviting D&T to dinner).  You broke PayPal's rule and got caught and PayPal has taken action against you.  However violating PayPal's TOS isn't in itself a crime.  

You are talking about the meaning of "legal" "illegal" according to law
We are talking about the word "legal" "illegal" according to paypal,don't mix it up.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 04:56:59 PM

Does anyone know what happens if a fake identity were used? I don't see how paypal would return any money to a false identity. Not that they would keep it forever, but it could be tied up in court for years, right?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 04:57:52 PM

Stopped reading right here
It started like this
A japanese guy bought paypal

and started laughing.   Cheesy

PayPal is part of the evil bankster mafia's satanic monopoly.

all who support them deserve their eternity (or 180 days, whichever comes first) of torment.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Fear (OP)
aka elbashadodo

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 05:52:07 PM

Does anyone know what happens if a fake identity were used? I don't see how paypal would return any money to a false identity. Not that they would keep it forever, but it could be tied up in court for years, right?

My documents were not fake and they still didn't approve it.

I have read a similar problem with someone and he was told that the account is gone forever after they refuse the documents,even though he gave them valid documents too.

Here is the source of a similar problem to mine http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-limited/40236-paypal-shut-me-down-ever.html

One of the upper expert people replied saying this

If you have done the steps needed and failed, account is toast. If you haven't, you need to try to get the steps done. Denying your appeal = account is over or you can call and try for supervisor. Not a good situation. Time to go stealth and go fresh, new accounts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: