Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:13:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is One of the Greatest Market Threats in 2018  (Read 413 times)
richfund_Pe (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 09:53:57 PM

Deutsche Bank has issued a market briefing for 2018. The document, created by Chief International Economist Torsten Slok, lists 30 possible threats that could disrupt global markets next year. Alongside entries like “North Korea” and “Brexit”, is bitcoin. Its inclusion shows the extent to which the banking sector is eyeing the revitalized digital currency. While some institutional investors see bitcoin as an opportunity, many more consider it a threat.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:03:05 PM

Bitcoin is a threat to the banking sector in 2017.
In 2018, he will begin to implement this evil.
We are waiting for P2P payments, swaps, "Lightning Network"
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:06:49 PM

Posting a link would have been nice: Deutsche Bank: Bitcoin is One of theGreatest Market Threats in 2018:
Deutsche Bank fears in 2018 (#13 on their list):
"Bitcoin crash, confidence impact on retail investors"
From the same article:
What Deutsche Bank’s risk list fails to consider is the other threat faced by bitcoin: that the digital currency sucks air out of the rest of the banking sector. Bitcoin isn’t about to render every other global asset class obsolete. Nevertheless, if it were to continue its stellar ascent, investment banks face a quandary.
I wouldn't expect bankers to admit they fear something they can't control, and bankers fearing Bitcoin is nothing new.
Banks make up a huge part of the economy, and take a huge share of money without producing anything tangible. Banks are like the goose with the golden eggs to bankers, of course they fear anything that threatens their goose.

bitterguy28

Activity: 2044
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 10:08:56 PM

Deutsche Bank has issued a market briefing for 2018. The document, created by Chief International Economist Torsten Slok, lists 30 possible threats that could disrupt global markets next year. Alongside entries like “North Korea” and “Brexit”, is bitcoin. Its inclusion shows the extent to which the banking sector is eyeing the revitalized digital currency. While some institutional investors see bitcoin as an opportunity, many more consider it a threat.

as i we should thats reason of china banned threat the bitcoin in the fiat money in themarket, also the banking industries are hate in bitcoin because bitcoin threat for banking system to be close.

ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:07:09 AM

The excellence and passion of the company and management of bitcoins gives them lots of achievements that bring them on the top in field of electronic banking industry.
I think because of this positive outcome and good feedbacks they received gives them to become the biggest threat of some commercial bank.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:15:35 AM

I find it interesting that Bitcoin would be included in a list like this. I guess this just shows that Bitcoin has truly become a global phenomenon whose rise and fall can create waves in the financial world. I know it speaks of Bitcoin's fall, but it legitimizes it in a way. It's truly a threat now and the whole world is watching itn

Nevertheless, if it were to continue its stellar ascent, investment banks face a quandary. No other stock, bond, or equity in history has performed as well as bitcoin this year. Traditional assets that promise a 6-8% return look decidedly tame in comparison.

So much this. Furthermore, Bitcoin holders have complete control over their wealth, and are much more resistant to market manipulation than traditional investments.

bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:24:18 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is a serious type of threat to the present banking system, especially the central bank monopoly where a lot of central banks issues bills against no reserve or fake paper reserve. And by all means, Bitcoin is up-to-date than gold or USD. And in a couple of decades Bitcoin will replace present banking monopoly.
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:35:03 AM

This weekend's future is one of the methods they are implementing to face Bitcoin's rise. But they will lose, because I think and I'm confident Bitcoin is able to disrupt the old obsolete banking system.
brontosaurus

Activity: 441

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:37:00 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 05:59:49 AM by brontosaurus

Absolutely true who would invest in 10-12% bond which give such return in an year when you have bitcoin which gives such return in just a day or two? It is the biggest threats to the financial market.

Bitcoin isn’t going to leave each other global asset category obsolete. But if it were to continue its leading ascent, investment banks face a quandary. No other stock, bond, or equity in history has performed in addition to bitcoin this past year. Traditional assets that guarantee a 6-8% return look decidedly tame in comparison.

Moreover considering the fact that investment in bicoins don't even require any kind of formalities involved which make it hazzle free and safer too. It is surely tax avoidable thing as money stored in private key wallets can surely never be taxed in any possible manner.
Boseda

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:37:51 AM

What's interesting anyway in that list is the fact they posted inflation at #1 threat. So they are implicitly admitting deflationary systems like Bitcoin are better.  Grin
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:39:45 AM

I think bitcoin is now the biggest threat to banks, because bitcoin can lower the level of people's desire to save in banks, because it's more profitable they invest their money in bitcoin than to put it in the bank, let alone bank interest is now down very far, especially in my country

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:55:58 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2017, 04:23:20 AM by Nerman

I think bitcoin is now the biggest threat to banks, because bitcoin can lower the level of people's desire to save in banks, because it's more profitable they invest their money in bitcoin than to put it in the bank, let alone bank interest is now down very far, especially in my country

For me i think that bank fears bitcoin not  because of people saving in bitcoin but because of people relying in a decentralized network. Big banks like Deutsche Bank and JP Morgan Chase are in control for years and if people would rely on Bitcoin which they cannot control would be a disaster for them.

Also they have a lot of FIAT and if crypto currency takes over  their FIAT will be worthless.

I am doubtful that banks will accept Bitcoin or any crypto currency, but this people are smart so there are only two possibilities, maybe they will  create their own coin and inform people that their coins are better or probably tell the government to ban bitcoin and altcoin.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:42:43 PM

I find it interesting that Bitcoin would be included in a list like this. I guess this just shows that Bitcoin has truly become a global phenomenon whose rise and fall can create waves in the financial world. I know it speaks of Bitcoin's fall
I think the true fear would be if Bitcoin doesn't fall, but keeps rising! That's what really threatens existing financial institutions, while a fall just means they get their power monopoly back (for a few more years). It just doesn't fit their agenda, so they mention a possible crash instead.

What's interesting anyway in that list is the fact they posted inflation at #1 threat. So they are implicitly admitting deflationary systems like Bitcoin are better.  Grin
Germany has never been in favour of quantitative easing to increase inflation. Inflation can indeed threaten the German economy, but it's the European Central Bank that creates it. So instead of pointing at Europe, they name the American inflation as a threat.

Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:56:25 PM

The funny thing is that a lot of stock investors say that stocks are in a bull trend (btw for many years for now), it is a bubble and a threat for the economy. Ofcourse stock and crypto markets are different but sometimes we hear almost the same from analysts.

DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:02:34 PM

Of course the banking industry will see bitcoin as one of the greatest threat for their sector. Considering how much are they loosing everyday because of Bitcoin. Many of their depositors are removing funds from them and are investing into bitcoin which they can't control.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 06:03:14 PM

I bet they don't include the failure of the bankrupt Douche Bank. How is the EU going to keep bailing it out when they don't have the UK's money to do it?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:09:05 PM

I bet they don't include the failure of the bankrupt Douche Bank. How is the EU going to keep bailing it out when they don't have the UK's money to do it?

I wonder that too. I think some still think eu printing more money is going to keep rescuing them.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:09:29 PM

For the banking system, and for the market as a whole, bitkoyn really poses a certain threat to stability in financial relations. So, if recently bitkoyn has risen from 7000 to 18000 dollars, and then immediately fell to 13000 dollars, then it destabilizes the financial situation. For the banking system, such indicators are unacceptable.
kleinkrypto

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:31:19 PM

as i we should thats reason of china banned threat the bitcoin in the fiat money in themarket, also the banking industries are hate in bitcoin because bitcoin threat for banking system to be close.

what the hack do you mean with it, does anyone understand this sentence?
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:33:26 PM

Of course the banking industry will see bitcoin as one of the greatest threat for their sector. Considering how much are they loosing everyday because of Bitcoin. Many of their depositors are removing funds from them and are investing into bitcoin which they can't control.
Of course the main thing is that they are worried about losing their investors' assets. With the potential investments in bitcoin that can earn much profit in a relatively short time, in this case the Bank is certainly in a depressed position.
Banks do not have the capacity to make corrections or interventions, because bitcoins have decentralized systems. Some of them have tried to thwart the development of bitcoin, but in the end still fail.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: