Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial  (Read 6703 times)
LICC

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:23:50 AM

Gazdac2,Many thanks.
 inno offers to change the miner. But very expensive delivery and a very long time to wait it. and they do not want to change the control board separately. the control board has connectors. They have RX and TX signals. Can I somehow connect to a computer to control this?
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/monthly_2017_12/IMG_0218.JPG.730d7c1b00945793fcf513f7107b4a41.JPG
Gazdac2

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:21:32 AM

Thanks so much for the response. I tried to check all the cabling again, but even if I switch all the cables from a working miner to the broken one it lights up and then a few minutes later shuts down. I am not sure what to adjust the voltage to (My miner identifies as G19). Thanks

Yeah my G19 's are all at VID 25(default) for the voltage. I ran it on auto for a while and didn't see a difference.
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

Gazdac2,Many thanks.
 inno offers to change the miner. But very expensive delivery and a very long time to wait it. and they do not want to change the control board separately. the control board has connectors. They have RX and TX signals. Can I somehow connect to a computer to control this?
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/monthly_2017_12/IMG_0218.JPG.730d7c1b00945793fcf513f7107b4a41.JPG

Okay. Things are messy here.
Yes it's possible. I don't know if its enabled in the software though. If it works you get to telnet in directly to the board.
I'd probably try all sorts of rebooting and plugging and unplugging random ethernet cables to see if i can somehow get into telnet. if you can there's a chance to fix it.

Uhm. I'm also not willing to try this myself: but the microSD slot is just missing the  6 cent clip to hold the sd card in place. You could see if a cellphone/computer repair shop has one that would fit, or... as a bit of a laugh. sometimes you can tape the microSD in place,  and pray you don't bump it while files copy. Assuming they didn't just disable it in software.
diaahussein (OP)

Merit: 3

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:25:27 PM

Inno has released a new firmware on 22nd
It is giving me a great hashrate on the pool so far
I will be testing and feed you back
   http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update.bin 
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:59:18 PM

For those that might have the same problem. Looks like my a4+ corrupted files during  a reboot  then stopped working.
/home/inno_tools/start_miner.py

The damn thing deleted a couple characters and killed itself.
Here's what the file looked like

vi /lib/python3.4/_sysconfigdata.py...

'HAVE_GETLOGIN': 1,
 'HAVE_GETNAMEINFO': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPAGESIZE': 1,
E_GETPEERNAME': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGID': 1,
 'HAVE_GETPGRP': 1,

There might have been more errors, i dunno. I coped the file from another miner and now it works.
Symptoms were the HTTP control page loading, but not showing any data e.g. not showing me  "miner type" under system.
I found the file by manually running each of the commands in /etc/init.d/rcS

Good luck to the rest of you.

In that case i would recommend to reflash the firmware and choose the option to restore factory config
Howtrain

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:36:51 PM

I just got the A4+, but I'm having problems connecting to the control page (192.168.1.254). I've changed the IP of my computer, checked that all the cables on the miner were fastened and in place, and ensured that the ethernet cable running from my router was giving an internet connection, but the control page still won't load and the red "fault" button flashes on the miner from time to time. Any ideas on how to fix this?
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:55:28 PM

I just got the A4+, but I'm having problems connecting to the control page (192.168.1.254). I've changed the IP of my computer, checked that all the cables on the miner were fastened and in place, and ensured that the ethernet cable running from my router was giving an internet connection, but the control page still won't load and the red "fault" button flashes on the miner from time to time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have not faced this
Are using the original PSU and have you connected it write 2 cables to each hash board and one cable to the control board
Howtrain

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:56:41 PM

Yes, it is the PSU from Innosilicon, and everything is connected properly.
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:17:55 PM

seems that the Miner has hardware issue
my advise contact the support
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:42:19 PM

Innosilicon have changed the root password in the 22nd Dec firmware release
root access is no longer supported until the new root password is cracked
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:32:05 PM

Root access is the only way I could repair my A4+, since there IS NO TF card slot, none of my miners can be flashed when they fail.

I've had to repair the software on one miner every day, so far. So, not looking good for the future of these things.

cyberdeity

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:59:59 AM

Would one of you mind posting just the cgminer.exe file from your newest firmware somewhere I can download (mega?) ?    I'd like to try using it on the original A4's I have to see if maybe it will hash faster.

Thanks!
kb8679

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:40:37 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 10:00:40 AM by kb8679

Root access is the only way I could repair my A4+, since there IS NO TF card slot, none of my miners can be flashed when they fail.

I've had to repair the software on one miner every day, so far. So, not looking good for the future of these things.

GOD DAMN INNO.... My miners are all G19 without the card slot.. so I feel VERY unsecure with the miners at the moment. I have had one issue which resulted in a bricked miner and was only recoverable by accessing the busybox and removing all ".pyc" files (some of them apparently got corrupted by unknown reason). Now that this is not an option.. I have asked for the password but I'm afraid they won't respond or don't share it.

I have been thinking about cracking the password but my skills in that area are limited to bruteforcing. If there is someone clever enough to give me some pointers for more sophisticated methods, they would be most appreciated... I
 made a wordlist for 8 characters long password, all starting with the word "inno" and rest characters are all lower & uppercase alphabets and numbers.

This method is slow as hell. If someone is willing to share the work (ie, I'd cut you half of the wordlist or sth), it would be also most appreciated.

EDIT:
The password wordlist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5apflpal6rbs3ar/inno_pw.rar?dl=0
When unpacked it's ~130MB. Tongue
kb8679

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:46:41 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 06:14:22 PM by kb8679

Oh yeah.

These miners don't seem to like vardiff at all. What fixed value have you guys found to work best with these? I've used either 131072 or 262144. Both work fine for me but I'd like to hear what others are using..

EDIT: Can somebody explain what exacly is "HW". Some sort of error indicator, sure, but I'd like to know about it in more detail...
EDIT2: Since the latest FW update, I've found that at least some of the issues regarding the multicoin/vardiff pools are actually fixed. I've still seen "Dead" asic clusters but they are now appearing like once every 24h instead of just few hours and usually just one or two miners are affected.
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:37:42 PM

I have been thinking about cracking the password but my skills in that area are limited to bruteforcing. If there is someone clever enough to give me some pointers for more sophisticated methods, they would be most appreciated... I
 made a wordlist for 8 characters long password, all starting with the word "inno" and rest characters are all lower & uppercase alphabets and numbers.

I have got the passwd file and this is the root password hash

but we need someone to crack the hash

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

I guess it is DES encryption
kb8679

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:38:25 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 09:39:25 PM by kb8679

Wow awesome! I believe this was a huge help. And I'm asking for others much smarter than me to help. Smiley

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

E: Yeah, most likely DES. And unfortunately the right pw wasn't found in the "inno" wordlist. Damn.
E2: I've submitted this to be cracked by crack.sh - let's see.
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:19:04 PM

Wow awesome! I believe this was a huge help. And I'm asking for others much smarter than me to help. Smiley

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

E: Yeah, most likely DES. And unfortunately the right pw wasn't found in the "inno" wordlist. Damn.

good news

thanks to funbuxx https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1151278 he manged to crack the new password

the new root password for 22nd Dec Firmware is : t1t2t3a5
kb8679

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

qHNyiD2GoZb.6

good news

thanks to funbuxx https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1151278 he manged to crack the new password

the new root password for 22nd Dec Firmware is : t1t2t3a5

Holy SHIT! Thank you very much! It was pretty much wasted 100$ from me then - but really - doesn't matter. This is great news!
zukolega

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:43:49 PM

When i input " :wq " for save the file inno_config.py i get error "READ ONLY FILE" and i can't save the changes. Any solution?
kb8679

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:15:23 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 04:36:56 PM by kb8679

When i input " :wq " for save the file inno_config.py i get error "READ ONLY FILE" and i can't save the changes. Any solution?

Try ":wq!" with ! at the end.

Or you could just change the file to be writeable and use the plain ":wq". "chmod 777 inno_config.py" should do the trick nicely.

Sorry, forget about those. Wouldn't work as it turned out. Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: