Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial  (Read 6703 times)
jonbros

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:27:03 PM

I have same issue... I cant chmod, copy or vi save the file... always same message :

root@miner/home/inno_py:
cp /home/inno_py/inno_config.py ./inno_config.py.bk
cp: can't create './inno_config.py.bk': Read-only file system

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+
zukolega

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:42:49 PM

Doensn't work, i got the same response read-only file system using both commands. Alternatives? Thank's!
kb8679

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:51:29 PM

Doensn't work, i got the same response read-only file system using both commands. Alternatives? Thank's!

I have same issue... I cant chmod, copy or vi save the file... always same message :

root@miner/home/inno_py:

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+

I'd imagine that route will work. I can check out the correct "safe" procedures for the A4+ to make the switch once I get home today. Unless someone is faster to help. Smiley
zukolega

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:52:37 PM

Thank's @kb8679
kb8679

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:11:14 PM

root@miner/home/inno_py:

Is the only option is to unmount and mount back the file system as a RW?  I am no linux expert, not sure the consequences on the A4+

I'd imagine that route will work. I can check out the correct "safe" procedures for the A4+ to make the switch once I get home today. Unless someone is faster to help. Smiley
Thank's @kb8679

Ok, this works:

"mount -o remount,rw /dev/root /"

Once you're done, you can change it back to read only with:

"mount -o remount,ro /dev/root /"

I tested it by simply making a empty file to the same folder where the inno_config.py is located. Works just fine.

There are two partitions by default; one being the one pointed to / which is read-only. Other is for the configuration files which are rw by default.

Partition identifier: /dev/root
Mountpoint: /

Partition identifier: /dev/mtdblock5
Mountpoint: /innocfg

diaahussein (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:26:54 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2017, 05:40:36 PM by diaahussein

to resolve the Read-only issue

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

filesystem will return to read-only at reboot

to make the Filesystem read-write Permanently ( our friend kb8679 thinks that this might give a risk for files corruption, so do it at your own Risk )

Code:
vi /etc/init.d/rcS

look for the line
Code:
mount / -o ro,remount

change it to

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then save using  esc " :wq "

you have a read-write root
kb8679

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:33:00 PM

Very true, but be aware; I've had this one nasty issue where some of the .pyc files got corrupted. While the file system is read-only, this could never happen (I believe the decision to make the FS to read-only was not just to bug the miners, but to eliminate some of the issues that could happen). It's not that big of a work to manually switch between rw&ro when needed and honestly believe that is the safer route.

to resolve the Read-only issue Permanently

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then
Code:
vi /etc/init.d/rcS

look for the line
Code:
mount / -o ro,remount

change it to

Code:
mount / -o rw,remount

then save using  " wq! "

you have a read-write root
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:37:34 PM

Very true, but be aware; I've had this one nasty issue where some of the .pyc files got corrupted. While the file system is read-only, this could never happen (I believe the decision to make the FS to read-only was not just to bug the miners, but to eliminate some of the issues that could happen). It's not that big of a work to manually switch between rw&ro when needed and honestly believe that is the safer route.

very good point, that might add to the stability
zukolega

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:17:34 PM

This works, I was able to edit the inno-config file but I still can not add it to the awesome miner program. "Failed to connect. Please ensure that the correct hostname has been entered.  https://ibb.co/mwvPH6

I've a Innosilicon A5, any ideas?

Thank's
jonbros

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:36:05 PM

same here,  I have been able to unmount and mount the file system back with read write,  edit the file to add the new arguments and reboot the A4+... but still I cant add it to awesome miner,  it cant connect to the miner.
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:52:40 PM

This works, I was able to edit the inno-config file but I still can not add it to the awesome miner program. "Failed to connect. Please ensure that the correct hostname has been entered. 

Thank's

for the A5 it is the dash Miner so it might be using another Miner app other than CGminer

anyway you can get the miner app

open the miner consol and type innominer_T3 --V or innominer_T3 --help

and let me know what you get ?
zukolega

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:13:20 AM

@diaahussein Attached screenshot of the help parameters https://ibb.co/kz65sG
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:03:44 PM

This works, I was able to edit the inno-config file but I still can not add it to the awesome miner program. "Failed to connect. Please ensure that the correct hostname has been entered.  https://ibb.co/mwvPH6

Thank's

I have to wait till the miner is fully booted and mining before it will show in awesome. Once the webUI shows up it will show in awesome as well.
Uhm... also. your screenshot doesn't show a closing quote (& ') on that line. Probably just cut off by the view. just double check that too?
zukolega

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:46:07 PM

Thank's

I have to wait till the miner is fully booted and mining before it will show in awesome. Once the webUI shows up it will show in awesome as well.
Uhm... also. your screenshot doesn't show a closing quote (& ') on that line. Probably just cut off by the view. just double check that too?

I've waiting and nothing, miner is fully booted and mining for two hours and doesn't appear, I've checked again. https://ibb.co/nicv9w
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:03:30 PM

Thank's

I've waiting and nothing, miner is fully booted and mining for two hours and doesn't appear, I've checked again. https://ibb.co/nicv9w

Uhh some thing to check is if it's actually running those settings.
ps| grep inno* > PS.txt and make sure it's got those flags ( I'm on phone so fix typos)
I think the actual file it runs is /tmp/run.ps so make sure of that too
I have a miner that just stops mining, so I jumpstart it with that run.ps without having to reboot. (Voltage adjust fixed that one)
jotaperez

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:38:53 PM

Thank's

Uhh some thing to check is if it's actually running those settings.
ps| grep inno* > PS.txt and make sure it's got those flags ( I'm on phone so fix typos)
I think the actual file it runs is /tmp/run.ps so make sure of that too
I have a miner that just stops mining, so I jumpstart it with that run.ps without having to reboot. (Voltage adjust fixed that one)

I don´t have "run.ps", in tmp folder there are run.sh*, is the same file?
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:04:47 PM

Yeah, that's right .sh. Good morning Smiley 

If your processes (ps) has  the flags in it then there might be something else wrong (not your config files)

Code:
root@miner/:
ps|grep innominer

20685 root      73:25 innominer_T2 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433 -u 1BPiRf942duu8AqFQGoRVwz4WGHn3APLm8 -p c=BTC --A1Pll1 1044 --A1Pll2 1044 --A1Pll3 1044 --A1Pll4 1044 --A1Pll5 1044 --A1Pll6 1044 --A1Pll7 1044 --A1Pll8 1044 --A1Vol1 23 --A1Vol2 23 --A1Vol3 23 --A1Vol4 23 --A1Vol5 23 --A1Vol6 23 --A1Vol7 23 --A1Vol8 23 --A1Fanmode 1 --A1Fanspd 3 --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 --syslog
23359 root       0:00 grep innominer

https://i.imgur.com/yC9Qpxw.jpg
Shows the window in awesome when it works here. Manually typing address. Probably had to choose CgMiner from the drop-down the first time too.
Or you can try the network scan window thing, if you haven't.

What does worry a bit:
A) different miner, so who knows if any of this is helpful
B) if you have config *running* showing the --api-allow W:0/0 then there could be an entirely different set of problems like network connectivity issues. Firewalls. etc.
zukolega

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:13:25 AM

Yeah, that's right .sh. Good morning Smiley 

If your processes (ps) has  the flags in it then there might be something else wrong (not your config files)

Code:
root@miner/:
ps|grep innominer

20685 root      73:25 innominer_T2 -o stratum+tcp://scrypt.mine.zpool.ca:3433 -u 1BPiRf942duu8AqFQGoRVwz4WGHn3APLm8 -p c=BTC --A1Pll1 1044 --A1Pll2 1044 --A1Pll3 1044 --A1Pll4 1044 --A1Pll5 1044 --A1Pll6 1044 --A1Pll7 1044 --A1Pll8 1044 --A1Vol1 23 --A1Vol2 23 --A1Vol3 23 --A1Vol4 23 --A1Vol5 23 --A1Vol6 23 --A1Vol7 23 --A1Vol8 23 --A1Fanmode 1 --A1Fanspd 3 --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 --syslog
23359 root       0:00 grep innominer

https://i.imgur.com/yC9Qpxw.jpg
Shows the window in awesome when it works here. Manually typing address. Probably had to choose CgMiner from the drop-down the first time too.
Or you can try the network scan window thing, if you haven't.

What does worry a bit:
A) different miner, so who knows if any of this is helpful
B) if you have config *running* showing the --api-allow W:0/0 then there could be an entirely different set of problems like network connectivity issues. Firewalls. etc.

I don't see --api-allow https://ibb.co/fDB11b
Gazdac2

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

I don't see --api-allow https://ibb.co/fDB11b

Ok. Another idea.

After the  firmware update it may not update run.sh unless a config change happens. Go edit some setting like pool and resave. (via the webpage) Or just add it to run.sh yourself?
I think somewhere  you said you've tried rebooting. I sure hope so anyways. Reboot, at some point to see if the changes go through the whole system.

So that would be: to enable AwesomeMiner
0)mount RW
1) change /home/inno_py/inno_config.py
2) update something on the webUI to make inno change /tmp/run.sh
3)check if /tmp/run.sh has the correct settings (manually add them if it doesn't work?)
4)hard reboot to make sure it runs the new run.sh with all the fresh settings.
chadl2
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

Cryptocurrency Miner in Los Angeles

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:54:09 AM

I also have some Innosilicon A5's I've been trying to get in Awesome Miner and was finally successful tonight. You need to edit three lines in the /home/inno_py/inno_config.py file. It looks like it generates a new run.sh file for each pool/pool change. I highlighted the lines and the adds below:

gInnoInitCmdStr = 'innominer_%s -o %s -u %s -p %s --A1Pll1 %s --A1Pll2 %s --A1Pll3 %s --A1Pll4 %s --A1Vol %s --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 > /dev/null 2>&1'
gInnoBtcName    = 'T1'
gInnoBtcPool    = 'stratum+tcp://btc.s.innomining.com:1800'
gInnoBtcUser    = 'inno.btc'
gInnoBtcPwd     = 'x'
gInnoBtcFreq    = 1332
gInnoBtcVid     = 10
gInnoInitBtcCmd = gInnoInitCmdStr % (gInnoBtcName, gInnoBtcPool, gInnoBtcUser, gInnoBtcPwd, gInnoBtcFreq, gInnoBtcFreq, gInnoBtcFreq, gInnoBtcFreq, gInnoBtcVid)
gInnoLtcName    = 'T2'
gInnoLtcPool    = 'stratum+tcp://ltc.s.innomining.com:1900'
gInnoLtcUser    = 'inno.ltc'
gInnoLtcPwd     = 'x'
gInnoLtcFreq    = 1044
gInnoLtcVid     = 25
gInnoInitLtcCmd = gInnoInitCmdStr % (gInnoLtcName, gInnoLtcPool, gInnoLtcUser, gInnoLtcPwd, gInnoLtcFreq, gInnoLtcFreq, gInnoLtcFreq, gInnoLtcFreq, gInnoLtcVid)
gInnoDashName   = 'T3'
gInnoDashPool   = 'stratum+tcp://dash.s.innomining.com:2000'
gInnoDashUser   = 'inno.dash'
gInnoDashPwd    = 'x'
gInnoDashFreq   = 1100
gInnoDashVid    = 12
gInnoInitDashCmd= gInnoInitCmdStr % (gInnoDashName, gInnoDashPool, gInnoDashUser, gInnoDashPwd, gInnoDashFreq, gInnoDashFreq, gInnoDashFreq, gInnoDashFreq, gInnoDashVid)
gInnoXmrName    = 'T4'
gInnoXmrPool    = 'stratum+tcp://a8.s.innomining.com:19333'
gInnoXmrUser    = 'inno.001'
gInnoXmrPwd     = 'x'
gInnoXmrFreq    = 1000
gInnoXmrVid     = 175
gInnoInitXmrCmd = gInnoInitCmdStr % (gInnoXmrName, gInnoXmrPool, gInnoXmrUser, gInnoXmrPwd, gInnoXmrFreq, gInnoXmrFreq, gInnoXmrFreq, gInnoXmrFreq, gInnoXmrVid)
gInnoCmd1Pool   = gInnoInitCmdStr
gInnoCmd2Pool   = 'innominer_%s -o %s -u %s -p %s -o %s -u %s -p %s --A1Pll1 %s --A1Pll2 %s --A1Pll3 %s --A1Pll4 %s --A1Vol %s --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 >/dev/null 2>&1'
gInnoCmd3Pool   = 'innominer_%s -o %s -u %s -p %s -o %s -u %s -p %s -o %s -u %s -p %s --A1Pll1 %s --A1Pll2 %s --A1Pll3 %s --A1Pll4 %s --A1Vol %s --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 >/dev/null 2>&1'

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: