Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A4+ setup tutorial  (Read 6703 times)
ukjack

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:08:48 PM

New firmware out today update_180105

for me fixed the miners that refused to start mining
Giantppl

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:12:03 PM

You can try using a different socket for the individual asic. It could be the problem mine I suspect it’s the WiFi plug that stopped my miner.. tried it today and it stopped after it’s fixed..
Has anyone had an issue where only one ASIC is showing up? Very frustrating to say the least.
kb8679

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:47:47 PM

And they didn't bother to change the root pw. Excellent. Smiley
ukjack

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:36:58 PM

Well... a few days with 50 A4+ now and they really do suck.

I've got all 50 in Awesome Miner so I know when they stop mining and the stats aren't good.
If I mine on a pool that isn't 100% stable/efficient they can't handle it and where I assume the AntMiner D3s/S9s I have just deals with it  and pick up where it left off the A4+ stops mining and restarts the mining process, losing you 5-10minutes of shares. NiceHash is a complete no-go too, they're can't handle it for some reason (vardiff?)

I'm using litecoinpool.org and this does appear to have helped stability. will update again in a few days.
kb8679

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:48:57 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 12:01:35 AM by kb8679

I've got all 50 in Awesome Miner so I know when they stop mining and the stats aren't good.
If I mine on a pool that isn't 100% stable/efficient they can't handle it and where I assume the AntMiner D3s/S9s I have just deals with it  and pick up where it left off the A4+ stops mining and restarts the mining process, losing you 5-10minutes of shares. NiceHash is a complete no-go too, they're can't handle it for some reason (vardiff?)

I'm using litecoinpool.org and this does appear to have helped stability. will update again in a few days.

Fixed difficulty is The thing with these. With some vardiff pools I've experienced similar behaviour as well. I'm currently mining DGB with 'multipool.us' via local stratum proxy and my measely 10 units keeps on rocking with no issues. Avg hashrate per unit (as reported by the pool side) are around 560-610MHs per unit. And I also tried NH after their "little haxx-problemo". Even tho using vardiff, it seemed to deliver pretty much what they "promised" or estimated.

Maybe the local stratum proxy (which I strongly suggest using, since you have such a huge number of miners) is the answer, or at least would help you out a bit?
Gazdac2

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:25:52 AM

Hi guys,

Got my replacement fans today.
Pretty interesting stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/LnRKdXN.jpg

So there are the fans from one of my miners that "sings" all day long that I suspect a fan will go out soon.

The rear fan (the one with the extra long cable) is for sure not a new fan. Look how aged the plastic is, there are some pits and scratches in it as well.
The good news is the inside is NOT covered in rust and corrosion on every solder point like my first fan that died in 48 hours. So old used fan, for sure, might last a while longer, Yes.

It also has a different circuit board than the dead one, even though both are labeled the same. Wonder hold old that broken fan I got with my "new" miner is.

Anyways.  The TFC 1212DE i ordered came as a "-5b66" instead of a "-sp07"
I don't know the difference, but it works pretty damn well.

Only issue with this one was the front fan cable will barely reach. The back cable needs to be extended,just like they already did with all of the back fans. Spliced, soldered, whatever. Probably should buy a molex crimper and some ends.

The fans I ordered
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-power-motorcycle-conversion-motorcycle-fan-violence-12CM-fan-3-9A-12v-TFC1212DE-120-120-38mm/32581804418.html
From this store
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358964?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.7ff34b8aD4XZRw (YX Technology)

And yes, my miners do disconnect and stop mining every now and then, for zero reason.  Stupid miners.

kb8679

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:27:09 AM

Daaaaaamn that's nasty.... suddenly I have the urge to go see my miners as well. Tongue

Did you see any difference in temps after installing the new fans?

E: Thanks for the fan model & link tho. I think I'm gonna order few just in case. Smiley

Hi guys,

Got my replacement fans today.
Pretty interesting stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/LnRKdXN.jpg

So there are the fans from one of my miners that "sings" all day long that I suspect a fan will go out soon.

The rear fan (the one with the extra long cable) is for sure not a new fan. Look how aged the plastic is, there are some pits and scratches in it as well.
The good news is the inside is NOT covered in rust and corrosion on every solder point like my first fan that died in 48 hours. So old used fan, for sure, might last a while longer, Yes.

It also has a different circuit board than the dead one, even though both are labeled the same. Wonder hold old that broken fan I got with my "new" miner is.

Anyways.  The TFC 1212DE i ordered came as a "-5b66" instead of a "-sp07"
I don't know the difference, but it works pretty damn well.

Only issue with this one was the front fan cable will barely reach. The back cable needs to be extended,just like they already did with all of the back fans. Spliced, soldered, whatever. Probably should buy a molex crimper and some ends.

The fans I ordered
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-power-motorcycle-conversion-motorcycle-fan-violence-12CM-fan-3-9A-12v-TFC1212DE-120-120-38mm/32581804418.html
From this store
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1358964?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.7ff34b8aD4XZRw (YX Technology)

And yes, my miners do disconnect and stop mining every now and then, for zero reason.  Stupid miners.

Gazdac2

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:02:10 PM

Daaaaaamn that's nasty.... suddenly I have the urge to go see my miners as well. Tongue

Did you see any difference in temps after installing the new fans?

E: Thanks for the fan model & link tho. I think I'm gonna order few just in case. Smiley

Pretty hard to tell, about temps, the dual fan ones were already just over 60c, and now I have the early Jan firmware installed, which lowers the fan speeds even more. I did run it a few minutes at 100% before disassembling it, and the old-working one would bounce on the table it was so unbalanced. So, really don't want those vibrations either way.

So, no science here. I have higher clock speeds, higher voltage, higher profit, and new fans on this machine, and the same temps. Could be firmware could be the fans. Either way it's now quieter at the same fan %. I'll re purpose the old ones for something one day anyways, like on a GPU miner, or in the crack of the window for exhaust.
And the one with the dead fan is now able to achieve 700 MH/s like the rest now.

If ordering those exact ones just be prepared to add a bit of wire length.

New problem:
I have trouble with chains not starting on the new firmware. Seems like they don't respond fast enough if they are cold. I moved them to ports 0-3 instead of 4-7 and it hasn't had that problem cold booting again. It's almost like it doesn't quite wait long enough for them to wake up.

I have room for 100 more miners, but inno sales team scared all my investors away. Anyone got a $400,000 loan laying around? :p

diaahussein (OP)

Merit: 3

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:49:11 PM

the replacement fan is available on Ebay between 8$ to 11$ a piece
just search on Ebay for "delta 120mm fan 6000rpm 4-Pin connector"
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:05:14 PM

If I mine on a pool that isn't 100% stable/efficient they can't handle it and where I assume the AntMiner D3s/S9s I have just deals with it  and pick up where it left off the A4+ stops mining and restarts the mining process, losing you 5-10minutes of shares. NiceHash is a complete no-go too, they're can't handle it for some reason (vardiff?)

The difficulty the pool gives you just adjusts the amount of work you do before returning results.  Giving you a low difficulty when you have a high hash rate means that you're banging the server more frequently, asking for more work and returning results, which will greatly increase server loads, which can kill your pool.

those are the work around I can think of to help with this

Option 1
try to split your 50 miners over the 4 servers of Litecoinpool
stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333   (Europe)
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US East Coast)
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333   (US West Coast)
stratum+tcp://ltcpool5brio2gaj.onion:3333   (Tor hidden service)
this might help you to decrease your hits to one server and hence lower the diff you will be given

Option 2

split the miners over multiple litecoinpool accounts not workers

Option 3

spit the miners over multiple real IP's

I hope any of those helps
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

Hello. I bought an ASIC, previously configured. Someone changed the password 12345678 to another. An instruction is required to reset the ASIC A4 + Dominator password. Specified in the instruction 12345678, does not accept
Resetting to factory settings - does not help. Is it possible to configure via telnet? thanks for the help

telnet to the box and execute the following command

Code:
cat /innocfg/www/conf/password

it will show you the current password
then you can change it to what ever you want from the Web interface
compir

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

do u have a link for download the update ? I can't find it on their website.

kb8679

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:30:06 PM

do u have a link for download the update ? I can't find it on their website.

It is there, while maybe slightly hidden. Here's a direct link: http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update_180105.bin

It may take some time to download (or even to start the download).
diaahussein (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:46:08 PM

Hello Everyone,  I would first like to think everyone who’s has contributed to this thread very informative.

I just received my A4+ yesterday and have a few issues to get worked out.  It looks like mine is a G19 and a build date of December 15.

First question is should I do the upgrade first before configuring network IP address?  I noticed accessing the browser was a little buggy and had to be constantly restarted.  It also hanged up a lot when accessing different  tabs.  I just didn’t want to lose access while in middle of update so haven’t updated yet.

I think because my gate way is 10.0.0.1 I need to use the network cross cable method to configure IP address correctly. 

I did change my gateway to 192.168.1.1 which allowed me to access 192.168.1.254.  The problem is all other devices are 10.0.0.* on network including an Antminer S9 which went offline.

The steps I plan to take to tackle the IP configuration.
1. Change gateway back to 10.0.0.1.
2. Then take a crossover cable and connect A4+ to laptop off network.
3. Go into the settings on laptop and change IP address to 192.168.1.1.  Try to access A4+ with 192.168.1.254 and change Network to DCHP.
4. Change laptop back to dynamic IP
5. Reconnect A4+ and laptop back onto 10.0.0.1 gateway.
6. Look up new IP address for A4+
7. Hope this address allows connection.

I want to make sure to do firmware update correctly so here are my step
1. Download latest build Jan###
2. Save to desktop
3. Access miner from browser
4. Go to update tab
5. Select file to update
6. Run
7. Keep fingers crossed!

Hopefully this make the browser less buggy!

Thanks for any insight to these steps about to be performed.

Also, what PSU are you guys using?  I thought I was getting a Innosilicon version, but was shipped a 1850 watt PSU that is European voltage 180-240 volt with yellow & black leads. 

I ended up testing with Bitmain power supply.

I’m in process of upgrading circuit to 220 volt to run both miners on same circuit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Chance

i would do it this sequence easier - before you change your gateway back

1. Go into the settings on laptop and change IP address to 192.168.1.1.  Try to access A4+ with 192.168.1.254 and change Network to DCHP.
2. Change gateway back to 10.0.0.1.
3. Change laptop back to dynamic IP
4. Reconnect A4+ and laptop back onto 10.0.0.1 gateway.
5. Look up new IP address for A4+
6. Hope this address allows connection.
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:18:18 AM

Hello Everyone,  I would first like to think everyone who’s has contributed to this thread very informative.

I just received my A4+ yesterday and have a few issues to get worked out.  It looks like mine is a G19 and a build date of December 15.

Out of curiosity what was your order date and expected delivery of your batch?

Trying to figure out were Inno is at with order deliveries.
jmirv

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:40:58 AM

Hi,

I placed an order for 10 units on 12/21. It took my bank several days to confirm the wire as they wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. Innosilicon confirmed my wire on 12/29.

On 1/3, they provided me with a DHL tracking number and I received my units today!

I have put four into service and they all seem to be working as expected within their stated +- 8%.

They came with firmware dated 12/29 and I've only updated 1 of them to the latest version...

Does anyone have the 12/29 firmware version? I updated the one but I'd like to compare the performance to the earlier version.
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:54:13 AM

Wow, glad to here you received them. Must of been the Christmas batch to ship already.

I made an order on Dec 14th for 18-28th batch. Haven't heard anything back from Inno? I paid in LTC.

What communication channel is best? I have been told skype, trying to verify correct skype account.

My one reply via email from Inno only mentioned they would ship soon. This was 6 days ago.
Gazdac2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:43:42 AM

Hi,

I placed an order for 10 units on 12/21. It took my bank several days to confirm the wire as they wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. Innosilicon confirmed my wire on 12/29.

On 1/3, they provided me with a DHL tracking number and I received my units today!

I have put four into service and they all seem to be working as expected within their stated +- 8%.

They came with firmware dated 12/29 and I've only updated 1 of them to the latest version...

Does anyone have the 12/29 firmware version? I updated the one but I'd like to compare the performance to the earlier version.

Running the Jan 5th firmware.
More stable.
More overclock options
now running at 700mh/s and barely warm.
Didibell24

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:57:01 AM

Hi,

just started to Setup my new A4+ (first time ever that I Setup a miner).

I have uploaded the new Firmware, Settings seem OK.
However:

Even after 5hours operating, I still see in the "Minor Status" site only three rotating asterixes ("Sanduhren"). No Contents/ results, only the template
Sometimes the fan Speeds up.

Who can help?

Gazdac2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:18:01 AM

Hi,

just started to Setup my new A4+ (first time ever that I Setup a miner).

I have uploaded the new Firmware, Settings seem OK.
However:

Even after 5hours operating, I still see in the "Minor Status" site only three rotating asterixes ("Sanduhren"). No Contents/ results, only the template
Sometimes the fan Speeds up.

Who can help?

This means your miner has booted but is not mining.
fans will speed up when it resets, or tries again.
If it is more than 5 minutes for mining stats to show then there is a problem. stats will NEVER show before 3 minutes.
First check your pool settings. Enter them again, even if they seem correct. Try another pool.
Make sure the  network settings match your internet connection. netmask and gateway are important.

After that, maybe more voltage, But  that's the extent of what you can do without telnet into the linux. probably faster to log onto chat with inno support.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: