Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Volatility A Bad Thing?  (Read 3779 times)
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 04:49:22 PM

Steam dropped bitcoin support citing "high volatility" as a motive.

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Where does the idea of high volatility being an unnecessary evil come from?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh
In my opinion, I think Bitcoin's fluctuations are not bad, fluctuations are the nature of Bitcoins and of cryptocurrency, their values are constantly changing everyday. Bitcoin's value increases from $ 6,000 to $ 16,000 over a period of months, and I think it's not something that is too bad and dangerous. Many fear that rising too high will cause asset bubbles, but Bitcoin is still pretty good. However, there will be two sides, every time Bitcoin fluctuates in a downward direction, it will make some people worry. But overall, Bitcoin fluctuations isn't a bad thing
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:21:10 PM

I think there are still people that stick to stocks because of the volatility. Yes you can make big money, but you can also lose big time.
For me, volatility are both good and bad thing or effect in bitcoin, because volatility is normal in any kind of currency. There are good thing if people who want to buy and also want to sell so, if they will make a deal, it can be higher or lower, another good things because the value of this coin is continue increase up to now and bad thing if that price is make to manipulate the market and abused so many people will be affected.
markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:26:36 PM

For those of us who have learned to deal with the volatility of bitcoin, this does not seem like a bad thing, but rather it seems to be one of the biggest advantages that characterizes this market as it has allowed many to enter the world of trading and get great benefits from it.

But this is too new for the ordinary financial world whose growth rates do not go beyond 5% per year, so it is costing them a lot of work to adapt to this new economic reality.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:57:24 PM

Volatility of bitcoin value is not bad but it gives advantages to those people who are earning it. When bitcoin price dumps, this is the time of buying and when the price of bitcoin pumps, then this is the time of selling your bitcoins. Each one of us has own perspective on how we look at bitcoin value it is just up to you on how you will look at it.
GraciousBanshee47

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:58:49 PM

It's not bad, but I'd prefer it to be stable and less volatile in the future.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:09:38 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 01:57:07 AM by josephpogi

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh
They said that bitcoin will not become our future currency because this is volatile so it is a yes for that situation but i think its more good to trader or investor about volatility of bitcoin because they get more profit to all cryptocurrency.
WishMeBad

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:13:16 AM

Huh Huh Huh

Not bad unless you it end up crushing as many people is talking about it being a " Bubble " , we should know by insiders of the market I don't see that information being released any time soon.
Brunusmagnus

Activity: 158
Merit: 11

Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:14:40 AM

Volatility is just a paradise for scalper and day traders who knows the job!
You can make a lot of money with only a little amount of capital invested.
But, only if you know what you do, as I said.

Conquerogue32

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:15:58 AM

Truly.. But as a long term investor, I would like to see Bitcoin prices stabilize soon.
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:35:02 AM

Huh Huh Huh

Bitcoin's volatility is not a bad thing. Actually, Bitcoin sellers are always happy because of this characteristic of Bitcoin. But this is a bad thing for the markets and shops who accepts bitcoin as mode of payment. Well, They cannot price their products effectively. They will always change the description of prices on their products time by time as the Bitcoin's price always changing. And the people who buying on it will able to disappoint because the price listed is not stable. And that is one of the things that the store or shop will be bankrupt.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:09:17 AM

I think it really depends upon the person, the way they look at it. For most people they consider volatility a bad thing because they want something stable, they don't try to understand why the price is continuously changing. While for other people they use this disadvantage the other way around, they see it as an opportunity. They can invest and be profitable by just holding or they can engage in trading, they just need to look at the positive side of volatility.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:29:21 AM

I don't think that's bad but then it would be hard for businesses to value something if the price is not stable because most of the business is still base on fiat and due to its high volatility, the business owners will be uncertain if they will be in profit or at a loss at the end of the day. If the price is stable then a fix price to the products like in Amazon would not be a problem but then the high volatility would be a disadvantage because if they implement bitcoin payment then they need to convert every time someone paid them coin to secure profit and the conversion may be quite expensive for them which would end up to a smaller profit than just exclusively paying fiat for the transactions.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:37:43 AM

Huh Huh Huh
Bitcoins votality for me is not a bad thing if there were no votality price would never reach this far.Price depends on investors that may come and go.Bitcoin is not a product that can be easily shop in the supermarket that have an SRP that consumers and retailers follow.More demands in the market makes its price to pumps up thats why in this days where bitcoins so trendy it can never happen that its price become stable due to people become more interested in it.When votality happens and price dumps everyone must be more thankful for a chance to invest in bitcoin..one must take it as a positive thing and not a negative one.
migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:17:13 AM

It actually depends on how you look at it. Traders of Bitcoin, and by traders I mean those who are active traders tha buys and sells Bitcoins from time to time, loves how volatile Bitcoin is. But in the perspective of an investor, or someone who bets that Bitcoin will go up the long run and so they just hold on into their Bitcoins no matter how volatil the market is, volatility is not good. This is because as a long term investor, you would rather want a stable and steady price increase than a very wild price changes.

Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:44:06 AM

It's a big chances to have a huge profit when there is volatility in the price. Although we can't project when it goes up and down but as we consistently observed the trend in the market price, we can be sure that bitcoin will goes higher that of dumping.
And I don't really think that of having volatility of bitcoin is a bad thing. In fact with that way, bitcoin become popular and it really gives us profit.
Toden1379

Activity: 246

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:05:15 AM

I think it is a good thing. volatility creates opportunity for traders. It creates an opportunity to make more profits

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:57:34 AM

I think it is a good thing. volatility creates opportunity for traders. It creates an opportunity to make more profits

that is right, with the volatility, we can try to buy when the price is down and then we can sell it if the price is up. I am sure that many people use this opportunity to earn more profits and I think they do not only want 10% of the profit but they want more profits. but be careful, don't make a wrong decision when you want to buy bitcoin and make sure you can determine the price before you buy bitcoin.

BillyTalent

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:03:22 AM

Volatility is very bad for slow transactions. After all, it's unpleasant when you make a payment, and the price has already changed for 3 times already. And because of this bitcoin is not recognized in the world.
SlickTight

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:15:33 AM

Bitcoin votality is not a bad or evil thing, because we can try to buy when the price is down and then sell it when it's price is getting higher, it will multiple the money. I so thankful because i can use this opportunity to earn more profits.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:57:42 AM

that is right, with the volatility, we can try to buy when the price is down and then we can sell it if the price is up. I am sure that many people use this opportunity to earn more profits and I think they do not only want 10% of the profit but they want more profits. but be careful, don't make a wrong decision when you want to buy bitcoin and make sure you can determine the price before you buy bitcoin.
The traders are taking more interest in bitcoin because of the volatility of bitcoin price. In fact the traders always wishing to buy bitcoin in a low price and when ever the market take a correction they try to buy bitcoin in low price and then hold it for some time so that they can get some good profit from bitcoin investment, therefore i think that volatility in the price of bitcoin is a good thing.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: