Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Volatility A Bad Thing?  (Read 3779 times)
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 05:54:57 AM

It depends on the certain person. If you will ask it on a trader, the volatility of the bitcoin will be good for them because more volatile equals more profit. Even you ask it into the holders, maybe some of them will say that volatility is a good thing for them. I don't see volatility a bad thing for me.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:25:30 AM

Since bitcoin is volatile, and even the other altcoins are same with it, it means because of the volatility of bitcoin all traders got their profits due to of this things. Moreover, every time there is pump and dump happening there is both opportunity they give for the traders as well. Therefore, Volatility was not a bad thing anyway.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:43:13 AM

with the volatility, many traders could get profit although not every trader because some of them are missed the good price to buy or to sell. but one thing that we should know that in cryptocurrency, volatility will always happen and if we can use this as our chance to make profits, then we are a lucky person and I am sure that our profit will bigger.
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:45:48 AM

The Bitcoin Volatility isn't a bad thing, But what one must be cautioned about is the same as there can be a downward slope or fall in the value. However, one must know the factors mitigating against this fast rise and fall, and then planning for investment won't be a hard task, but that both the negative and positives would be accepted in good fate.
For me I think it is more than a blessing and I think it will help to make more and more money from it. Volatility is blessing to bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I think such high volatility is not for normal users and things like pumping and dumping can give you heart attack but overall the rise in your investment that one can enjoy in bitcoin or cyrpto currency cannot be enjoyed at any other place. It helps you to make money through your mind.
cryptojaani

Merit: 71

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:49:52 AM

with the volatility, many traders could get profit although not every trader because some of them are missed the good price to buy or to sell. but one thing that we should know that in cryptocurrency, volatility will always happen and if we can use this as our chance to make profits, then we are a lucky person and I am sure that our profit will bigger.
I think it is a blessing and I think it will help you to make more and more money through your mind. Volatility is blessing to bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I think such high volatility is not for normal users and things like pumping and dumping can give you heart attack but overall the rise in your investment that one can enjoy in bitcoin or cyrpto currency cannot be enjoyed at any other place.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

I think it is a blessing and I think it will help you to make more and more money through your mind. Volatility is blessing to bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I think such high volatility is not for normal users and things like pumping and dumping can give you heart attack but overall the rise in your investment that one can enjoy in bitcoin or cyrpto currency cannot be enjoyed at any other place.
Profitability wise it is perfect but in terms of being a currency I don't think it is good for any consumers as changing prices is not appealing for any potential users of Bitcoin as a payment method. Only traders are supposedly benefiting from its volatility. Because looking at a sender's/ buyer's perspective I don't like the idea of my currency changing its value every second or so, I don't like the way how I will spend more on the last minute when I am going to execute on a deal.
AidenCasanova

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:46:01 PM

Profitability wise it is perfect but in terms of being a currency I don't think it is good for any consumers as changing prices is not appealing for any potential users of Bitcoin as a payment method. Only traders are supposedly benefiting from its volatility. Because looking at a sender's/ buyer's perspective I don't like the idea of my currency changing its value every second or so, I don't like the way how I will spend more on the last minute when I am going to execute on a deal.
as trader it is a good thing because it can create opportunity
but for common people it will bad...
i think that's what do you mean as currency
but as long as i know BTC still an asset, or digital asset to be exactly
but this asset can be trade to other thing.. similar with currency
but we must understand that money is different to currency
you can learn more about that in internet

Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:46:05 AM

Steam dropped bitcoin support citing "high volatility" as a motive.

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Where does the idea of high volatility being an unnecessary evil come from?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh
volatility is natural in bitcoin and any other digital cryptocurrencies, even other currencies like dollars are not stable, it is naturally happening. The changes depends on the economy of a certain country and it happens also to bitcoin.The changes can be slow but steady or some pump up really high, some drop down violently.There are many factors thatvaffect bitcoin's price,an example is media influence. When there is a negative news about bitcoin, the price tends to decrease.Volatility is not a bad thing, when its price decrease,it will be more affordable to many and it will be a profit if it rises again.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:29:13 AM

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh

Well for me, there are good things because of it and bad things too because of it. When the volatility does the down at price, comes bad things such as :
1. Loss of profit, even loss your money
2. People do panic selling, resulting in more price drop
3. Lot of transaction, resulting in slow and higher fees
But if you are a great trader who can read and analyze the market, i guess this volatility can be your friend, as it can gives you more profit from it, like, selling when the price is high and then buy more bitcoins when the price hit low.
So this volatility is  a two sided coin.
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:37:47 AM

For me no, this is what makes bitcoin growing rapidly, everyone is interested in investing into bitcoin because of volatile and hope always get profit in the state of price up or down.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:39:28 AM

It's bad for long term and big investors, but very much of an advantage for short term traders.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:50:39 AM

Steam by the way specifically refused to pay in bitcoins. you know why, rightly because of the volatility, because if during the transaction the price changes, you will have to pay again, and the commission already knows about $ 20, so it's very inconvenient. In this regard, and legalization of his brakes.

it's not our problem anymore if the value of bitcoin increases after you pay for them and I wouldn't agree either to pay extra just because the value of bitcoin increases. they can just always adjust it before or after the current stable price of bitcoin. some major companies online are also doing these just to avoid their losses for their products and services. These is also the reason on why steam has remove bitcoin to their payment method rather they replaced it with litecoin. they did a good job doing it because using bitcoin lately is not really good if your using it to as a payment gateway to someone due to its high fees and it evenly increase more.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:01:00 AM

Huh Huh Huh
Bitcoin's volatility is not a bad thing most especially for traders and hodlers but for those who used or accept Bitcoin as payment method in some kind of centralized business I think volatility is not that good since the movement isn't always up because every second sudden up will surely be followed by a downfall plus the transaction fee issue too. Traders loves high volatility and that is how they make huge profits unlike a physical or online store/business that needs a stable currency to avoid loss. I don't think there are evidences that supports the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance because in my case it is always our advantage as a hodler or trader when it come to that matter.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:04:06 AM

Volatile isn't bad or evil it is because some participants in the market can't stomach such moves and as a result you see these bigger companies trying to appease the small guy. With high volatility comes great risk but also comes great rewards. That is why some players like this and some participants don't like this. Hence also why I think less big sharks got into Bitcoin at the beginning because of this. Wait until the futures market comes out in a week a lot more sharks are going to jump on board and it isn't because Bitcoin wasn't always a good asset it is because they can now have multiple ways to play the market which is what the big guys like.
Bitcoin volatility when it comes to value, seems to benefits big players on the market, but in every investment, we are not sure of how long it will continue to rise up in an extremely fast rate. There are factors that dictates the rise and dips on its price, that is what the small players need to analyze in order to keep up in rate and stay on the circulation.
Pixyoxx

Activity: 291
Merit: 119

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:49:03 PM

Very true. There will always be volatility in terms of cryptocurrency or digital currency. Its present there in the paper money too but its just that in paper money its not much seen or quite noticeable. Theres a marginal volatility only, in case of paper money. But in digital currency world, volatility is just another characteristic for the currency.

And yes it definetely attracts traders and if bought and sold at right time and by seeing the volatility and studying it correctly, one can make good profits in less time. Thats may not all the time be likely but most of the times, the volatility plays in favour of the traders. This volatility also creates a sense of value and excitement in reference to the respective currency.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:31:36 PM

One of the amazing things in this life is the fact that you can look at things differently and make a bad thing seem like a good thing. Bitcoin's volatility is one of them. Bitcoin's volatility is a bad thing if you are just starting out in bitcoins and you have bought your coins at a high price then the market suddenly went down. Going extra unlucky, you needed the money at that time. Bitcoin's volatility can be a bad thing but at the same time it's a good thing. For early adopters like me, bitcoin's volatility is nothing but heaven sent. The price of bitcoin when I started out was just 400$ each and it was pretty easy to collect coins at that time. Now, you can never find a signature campaign that pays at the same bitcoin rate as before.

Since I was able to ride that price increase, I would say that bitcoin's volatility is actually a good thing. Another thing, it adds element to the crypto world. It allows us to sell our coins at a high price and buy at a low price if we are lucky.

Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:39:17 PM

Bitcoin volatility is not a bad thing actually it makes attracts more investors or traders to hold on or buy bitcoin at cheaper price in a possible time. Bitcoin volatility is a usual movement in the exchange that price always fluctuates.
EnaksiS

Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:45:16 PM

I think this is not a bad think. Because it never get backs to the starting price. The bad think is the owners. They are so impatient. To the moon my friends, to the freaking moon.
mutrang23

Activity: 484

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:53:02 PM

Huh Huh Huh
I think bitcoin is having a bad impact on our real economy, the bitcoin value is rising so fast that many investors invest in bitcoin making the social economy neglected.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:21:57 AM

Volatility is a huge disadvantage only on the business sector but for traders just like me, it makes my day feels so good when btc is soaring high but I know one day that btc will slow down its growth when it is so high and a little bit volatile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: