Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Volatility A Bad Thing?  (Read 3779 times)
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:13:18 PM

We can make profits if we can take benefit from bitcoin high volatily. But before that, we must understand about technical analysis to make trade. Many trader can have profits and take benefit from that volatility
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:18:49 PM

To be honest I don't think that bitcoin volatility is a bad thing,
I think that it is what makes bitcoin so special and it is the reason why others are getting into it,
They want to catch the price while it is dropping down and some of us are making a profit out of it.
So for me it bitcoin volatility isn't a bad thing for me I think it is one of the many factors why there are so many investors getting in.

pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

Volatility aren't expected everywhere but volatile in Btc and other crypto-currency are necessary.Because there will be no risk if there is no change in prices in all these activities.There is no hope if there is no risk.The global currency market is never stable.For example,in the stock market,prices are rising and this is a normal element in corporate life.Without somewhere volatility is expected in Btc.

JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

For me, Bitcoin's volatility is not a bad thing, it is what makes Bitcoin provide great profit but also big loss if you don't know how to really HOLD. So its volatility is not bad but how the people react to it or the actions they take once they see it up or down.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:55:12 PM

Steam dropped bitcoin support citing "high volatility" as a motive.

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Where does the idea of high volatility being an unnecessary evil come from?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh
The volatility of the bitcoin for me is a good thing. If the price of the bitcoin is stable, then there are only some people will buy bitcoins. The reason why many people are keep patronizing bitcoin because of its volatility.
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:18:23 PM

High volatility is a bad thing if you don't know how to master it.
If you have good skill and technical bases, it's very easy to make big profit even with a modest capital.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:40:55 PM

High volatility is a bad thing if you don't know how to master it.
If you have good skill and technical bases, it's very easy to make big profit even with a modest capital.
It is hard to master especially if you are not focus here in forum or in bitcoin price, so for me it is okay not to master the price for as long as you won't contribute for the reason of its price dropping.

Even experts cannot have a 100% accuracy in predicting the price so it is okay for as long as the trust is still there.
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:56:59 PM

I guess it is indeed bad, but at the same time is one of that inherent characteristics that contribute to making it so profitable.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

When amazon stock jumped from $18 to $1,200 over a period of years, was this high volatility a bad thing?

If bitcoin's value increases from $6,000 to $16,000 over a period of months, and HODL'ers benefit, this high volatility is bad?

Where does the idea of high volatility being an unnecessary evil come from?

Are there good arguments or evidence which support the concept of high volatility being a negative circumstance?

In a sense, volatility simply means the price of something moves a lot, its not that bad if the vast majority of motion is in an upward direction?

Huh Huh Huh
The volatility of the bitcoin for me is a good thing. If the price of the bitcoin is stable, then there are only some people will buy bitcoins. The reason why many people are keep patronizing bitcoin because of its volatility.
Wanna just adding a bit little, we must know that cryptos will only rise as high as the amount of money coming into this industry. FUDers are quite successful as most ppl convert their money recently. Yes, volatility of the bitcoin is good and I love those panic seller.
Triyavam

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:33:32 PM

We can not say that it is a bad thing you can enjoy from it,
No volatility is expected now and if it is unstable,
volatility needs to be reduced, so BTC is more stable so it can be explored as a method to pay for more goods and services.
We just need to use its volatility to get many benefits from it and have a big advantage,
Be careful making the right decisions.
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:34:12 PM

There are bad but also there are good sides. One one hand - if you know how to trade you can make money. On the other hand the volatility may scare some future investors.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:38:23 PM

There are bad but also there are good sides. One one hand - if you know how to trade you can make money. On the other hand the volatility may scare some future investors.

Well volatility even attracts new investors instead pf scaring them away i think. Of course these investors would've known how the volatility in crypto moves and they may find the pace is crypto very intriguing with ROIs reaching to more than 100% on some coins at a certain time. That's how bitcoin generates money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:43:37 PM

for example you take your salary with btc and when you took it the value was 20k but now is 10k and you lost 50% of your salary, or you pay a coffee which is 50 cents when btc was 10k but than it became 20k so you have paind 1$ for a coffee. Is this a good thing for a currency which mission is to become a way of payment in the whole world ?
severaldetails

Activity: 959
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

I don't think that the price developements of bitcoin and the price developements of a stock can be compared that way. When a business accepts cryptocurrencies they have to sell it very soon after they get it. In most countries bitcoin is an asset, not a currency. So having a lot of bitoins but no fiat makes you bankrupt by the law! The change in the coin value during that small time frame between getting and selling the coin is enough to influence the profitability of a business. That is why the businesses do not like the volatility of cryptocurrencies.
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:55:43 AM

For me it's not, because of bitcoin's volatility we were able to buy or invest in bitcoin when the price is down and we can sell it when the price is high and earn bigger profit. I think bitcoin's volatility is a good thing.
michellee

Activity: 2786
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:16:57 AM

We can make profits if we can take benefit from bitcoin high volatily. But before that, we must understand about technical analysis to make trade. Many trader can have profits and take benefit from that volatility

yes, but we need to have a skill so we can analyze the price to buy and sell and we can make a profit. many people could do this although they don't have good skills in trading and I think they are read a good source of news so they can place a good price to buy and then they can choose the price to sell. I am sure that if we can do this over and over, we could still make a lot of profit and we could still keep another bitcoin in our wallet while we are waiting for the higher price.

huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:30:11 AM

For day traders and short-term investors, volatility is a chance to make a profit. By correctly predicting the short-term trend of bitcoin, traders can earn substantial profits. Far more than investors with buy-and-hold strategies.
RAAAMA

Activity: 107
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:32:26 AM

Volatility of bitcoin or any other Alts is one way trader creates profit. And the fact that the token price is base on supply and demand, then the price will really going to be a roller coaster ride.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:32:33 AM

For me its a bad thing. I know that its hard to predict the value of bitcoin. But because of it high volatility its more harder now. And some people are afraid to invest because bitcoin is so volatile.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
chaa123

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:56:58 AM

Bitcoin's volatility is really something to study and understand. Due to its complexity in nature, understanding the trade is something that needs to be developed when joining bitcoin. To most investors, bitcoin volatility is a bad thing to them but for pros who have mastered the cycle already, its volatility might be even an advantage for them...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: