Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I can double your BTC - Proof!  (Read 5209 times)
fascistmuffin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:40:45 AM

what a load of crap, its called pyramid marketing scheme, why would he need your money to double if he could just use his own ?? its so he can use your money to pay others that payd b4 you and so on. but prob is when no one joins, no one gets paid...

Pyramid scheme involves people join under others while the funds move up the tree of people to the original. So far it doesn't look like any pyramid is forming. What you described is more of an advanced-fee fraud.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 03:45:50 AM

what a load of crap, its called pyramid marketing scheme, why would he need your money to double if he could just use his own ?? its so he can use your money to pay others that payd b4 you and so on. but prob is when no one joins, no one gets paid...

Pyramid scheme involves people join under others while the funds move up the tree of people to the original. So far it doesn't look like any pyramid is forming. What you described is more of an advanced-fee fraud.

True, I remember a few years back while e-gold was used for these type of entertainment sites, a guy called Fred Schrock was locked away for doing this.

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
dcrafti

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:56:02 AM

This is not a pyramid scheme.

I guarantee (not literally) that oldminer will get his money back, plus the promised extra.

That's because it is a Ponzi scheme. The first several investors will all get back their money, because it is initially about building up trust, and once the trust is there, more people, including the original people, will put in bigger amounts than the .01 he is asking for now.

Eventually, he pisses off with all the money that is left "invested" in the system. A higher proportion of people lose money in a Ponzi scheme than in a Pyramid scheme, because BitcoinBuilder is the the only one being given money, as opposed to a Pyramid scheme where the people higher up still end up making something.

So in short, it is totally a scam; just not the one that some people are thinking.
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:59:25 AM

yer, im not up with the terminology, but the OP should go and get a job and stop degrading our intellectual conversations about jack

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 04:11:56 AM

edit: Pyramids are ok as long as your not left sitting on the pointy bit at the top

Actually, the pointy bit at the top is where you want to be in a pyramid scheme.  Everyone under you in the pyramid has paid into the pyramid and the funds flow upward.

I fail to see how this could be a pyramid scheme though, because generally in a pyramid scheme you require the people you brought in to bring in the same number of people below them, hence the pyramid shape.  Unless he's asking you to, once you've paid in, go find more people to pay in, it doesn't make any sense; he has to find ALL the people to pay in, which will take way too long and not pay out within any reasonable amount of time, thus destroying any confidence the early-adopters had in the scheme.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme
http://www.sec.gov/answers/pyramid.htm

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
dustintrammell
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 04:14:44 AM

This is not a pyramid scheme.

I guarantee (not literally) that oldminer will get his money back, plus the promised extra.

That's because it is a Ponzi scheme. The first several investors will all get back their money, because it is initially about building up trust, and once the trust is there, more people, including the original people, will put in bigger amounts than the .01 he is asking for now.

Eventually, he pisses off with all the money that is left "invested" in the system. A higher proportion of people lose money in a Ponzi scheme than in a Pyramid scheme, because BitcoinBuilder is the the only one being given money, as opposed to a Pyramid scheme where the people higher up still end up making something.

So in short, it is totally a scam; just not the one that some people are thinking.

Bingo, we have a winner (:  If this is a scam, you've likely described it exactly.

Dustin D. Trammell
haydent

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:15:08 AM

i think we already agreed it wasnt a pyramid scheme. scam none the less.

btw where's this proof ? the thread title implies there is proof but he has none... gay

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
dustintrammell
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 04:25:24 AM

btw where's this proof ? the thread title implies there is proof but he has none... gay

His "proof" will be the initial people he talked into trying it confirming that they did indeed receive twice their BTC back.

Dustin D. Trammell
fascistmuffin

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:38:50 AM

His "proof" will be the initial people he talked into trying it confirming that they did indeed receive twice their BTC back.

Yep, if it's a Ponzi that'll follow the precedent of the scheme.

If he really wanted to prove that it worked, he'd say how he's generating the funds. I doubt that'll happen though.
getbitcoin

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 04:40:11 AM

Obvious scam is obvious.

haydent

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:46:50 AM

he shouldnt act like he has proof when he doesnt yet... i think he's trying to trick us  Huh

MotorMouth

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 06:16:53 AM

This is a common con-game.  You meet a guy at a bar, he tells you he knows some stocks secret, and if you give him $10 he'll give you $20.

In a week you seem him again, here's your 20.

Do it again with 100.  He gives you 200...

Do it again with 500, he gives you 1000.

Then a few weeks go by and you dont' see him.

You see him again, and he's going oh man, I've got this great deal, I'm putting everything I got into it, and you go "I want in" and he goes "oh no, this one's too big for you, you need at least 40k in, and I'd feel bad if something went wrong..." and you go "no fuck that, you're good I want in" and so you give him everything you've got, mortgage the house, etc... and poof, the guy vanishes.  This is CLASSIC.

For small fees they come in good, but for large one's they game you.  If he can just double his money, then what's he fucking around with us for?  Wink

Edit: My bad, didn't realize there was a second page. Roll Eyes  Also it's called "Ponzi"? Gotcha. Grin
saykor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 07:13:46 AM

Why you not send me 0.02 and i will back you 0.01 to double it?

Let's color the MOON: YP4ZV8yabKGBKG2uNWHQBwrdURkyxqst4D
Before to do business with me you can check my  BitcoinFeedback; ebay and .net developer profile
tc2606

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 08:32:09 AM

i smell an obvious scam.. what's the most someone here paid him
wolf902

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 10:57:25 AM

so...is it a scam or not? (people who attempted it)
Duffman

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:16:55 AM

Why you not send me 0.02 and i will back you 0.01 to double it?
this actually made me laugh Cheesy
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:26:24 AM

Obvious a Ponzi scheme, but I had good laugh reading all the comments.  Cheesy

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
raresaturn

Activity: 168

Everyone Is A Bank

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:31:29 AM

can we just skip the part where I send you .01 and you just send me the .01 that you would have had to pay me anyway?

1LVHHUTyyndSDKgripxBa6BBGSmLEdcgBR

thanks.

BABB        |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
Sovereign

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 11:55:16 AM

Ban.

12uB1LSPrAqeEefLJTDfd6rKsu3KjiFBpa
fascistmuffin

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 03:15:39 PM

He just told me the way he was getting the money and planning to double investments. I said earlier that I wouldn't spill the secret, but I really want to post that message since it was very funny.

I can say that, assuming if he's telling the truth, it's not a ponzi scheme... but is not quite legit either. The way he was wording the message makes me question if he was telling the truth or not though.

Oh well, I guess I paid 0.1BTC for a pretty funny PM though.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: