Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:34:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation Board Election Details Announced  (Read 19708 times)
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:18:44 PM

This is an incredibly offensive question to ask someone. I immediately and completely distrust anyone who asks it.

It was meant to be a rhetorical question (talking about 'extremist ideology')-- I publicly said that I voted for Joerg and I trust him to act responsibly. I'm sorry if you were offended...

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2013, 02:13:21 AM

This is an incredibly offensive question to ask someone. I immediately and completely distrust anyone who asks it.

It was meant to be a rhetorical question (talking about 'extremist ideology')-- I publicly said that I voted for Joerg and I trust him to act responsibly. I'm sorry if you were offended...

There are a lot of people running with beliefs likely different from yours our mine...but I wouldn't classify any of the candidates as extremists or "nutters" at all.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 02:40:01 PM

There are a lot of people running with beliefs likely different from yours our mine...but I wouldn't classify any of the candidates as extremists or "nutters" at all.
Agreed. I am an atheist. But I try to look at the whole package. Many people I love believe in this or that God. They are not nuts, they are just following the pattern they grew up with.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Agreed. I am an atheist. But I try to look at the whole package. Many people I love believe in this or that God. They are not nuts, they are just following the pattern they grew up with.

I've always found it curious how supposed liberal free thinkers can end up being the most prejudiced people I meet. I'm an atheist too but don't believe in shunning someone because of their religious beliefs. If I did that I would have no friends. Most of the world believes in some form of religion.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:25:29 PM

I've always found it curious how supposed liberal free thinkers can end up being the most prejudiced people I meet. I'm an atheist too but don't believe in shunning someone because of their religious beliefs. If I did that I would have no friends. Most of the world believes in some form of religion.

Amen to that. QuestionAuthority, I'm writing your name down in my cool book!  Kiss

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 04:52:22 PM

Amen to that. QuestionAuthority, I'm writing your name down in my cool book!  Kiss

lol - It's been quite a while since someone thought of me as cool.  Grin

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:52:49 PM

Elizabeth won:
https://electionbuddy.com/elections/9787/results/pqdyb3n39

Smiley

Great election, everyone!

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:56:31 AM

Elizabeth won:
https://electionbuddy.com/elections/9787/results/pqdyb3n39

Smiley

Great election, everyone!

Was there ever a doubt.  Grin

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:58:11 AM

She ran a great campaign.  Congrats to her.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:58:16 AM

rigged Cheesy
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:47:32 PM

rigged Cheesy
lol, yes. She rigged it by developing relationships with potential voters. She then solicited input and articulated a position. She's diabolical!

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 03:04:58 PM

rigged Cheesy
lol, yes. She rigged it by developing relationships with potential voters. She then solicited input and articulated a position. She's diabolical!

Emphasis on "potential voters." It was other candidate's mistake to actually try to reach out to the community, instead of only focusing specifically on the small and closed-off Bitcoin Foundation forum membership.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

rigged Cheesy

Emphasis on "potential voters." It was other candidate's mistake to actually try to reach out to the community, instead of only focusing specifically on the small and closed-off Bitcoin Foundation forum membership.

And it is her fault that the general community did not participate in the election or the Foundation in general?

Sounds like sour grapes.

Just concede and move on.

Or maybe you should start your own organization.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 06:49:41 PM

rigged Cheesy

And it is her fault that the general community did not participate in the election or the Foundation in general?

Not at all. Just a mistake on all the other candidate's part, including myself.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 09:33:26 PM

rigged Cheesy

You may be right. Reaching out to the community allowed the true colors of the candidates to become apparent to the foundation voting public so that neither you nor the candidate you supported could win. That does sound like sour grapes.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 09:44:23 PM

rigged Cheesy

It's never a mistake to engage the community...recognizing that the community is really a bunch of individuals from which great ideas, companies, and groups form. But, in the end, the foundation election was decided by foundation voters.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 09:52:18 PM

rigged Cheesy

You may be right. Reaching out to the community allowed the true colors of the candidates to become apparent to the foundation voting public so that neither you nor the candidate you supported could win. That does sound like sour grapes.

Not exactly. It just meant that the supporters of the candidate I supported, and I, spent most of our time posting and discussing the election here, trying to drum up support, while Elizabeth pretty much spent all her time posting there, where people are actually able to vote for her. We spent time on people who couldn't vote, while she spent time only on people who can. It's simple as that.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:09:56 PM

rigged Cheesy

Not exactly. It just meant that the supporters of the candidate I supported, and I, spent most of our time posting and discussing the election here, trying to drum up support, while Elizabeth pretty much spent all her time posting there, where people are actually able to vote for her. We spent time on people who couldn't vote, while she spent time only on people who can. It's simple as that.

So, you don't believe foundation members read this forum?

td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 11:11:58 PM

The results were so close that I didn't see a significant mandate for the winner. Also, it turned out that joining was not allowed after the election was announced. It might be better to have ranked voting with instant run-off and a majority needed to win for the next election.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 02:45:43 AM

The results were so close that I didn't see a significant mandate for the winner. Also, it turned out that joining was not allowed after the election was announced. It might be better to have ranked voting with instant run-off and a majority needed to win for the next election.
The membership dead line for voting rights was announced ahead of time, but no one thought to modify the sign up pages to repeat that message (it should have been plastered in big bold letters every where).

We had a dead line to prevent somebody from spending $250 bucks for sock puppet accounts and buy g the election. More rounds of voting would have been better IMHO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: