Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which domain should the coin have?
xdag.org - 10 (50%)
xdag.cash - 9 (45%)
other xdag.* - 1 (5%)
shitcoin.xxx is better - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] Community Driven - First Mineable DAG | CPU Mining  (Read 75262 times)
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 01:41:58 PM

When the dev announce the final reduction decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dev team seems like intended to keep silence and wish the community forget about the reduction poll results. We didn't forget and we will ask again and again. What's going on with the reduction poll and when reduce!

Does it take such long time to make a decision? Why did you hide? Please let the community know what happen?

they decided to ignore it because people could make more than one vote each.
a new poll will be forthcoming.

The team needs to make announcement to the community, no matter what the poll results are. Give the entire community an official feedback is a very basic respect to those participated the poll, isn't it? They are not ignoring the poll results, they are ignoring the basic respect it suppose to be given. 

i agree, however.. when the original dev left, he left it in the hands of the community and unfortunately this thread was handed over to someone who is now not very active. It would be nice to see more updates on the OP of news etc...

changshaoraovb3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:41:35 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 04:57:36 PM by changshaoraovb3

When the dev announce the final reduction decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dev team seems like intended to keep silence and wish the community forget about the reduction poll results. We didn't forget and we will ask again and again. What's going on with the reduction poll and when reduce!

Does it take such long time to make a decision? Why did you hide? Please let the community know what happen?

they decided to ignore it because people could make more than one vote each.
a new poll will be forthcoming.

The team needs to make announcement to the community, no matter what the poll results are. Give the entire community an official feedback is a very basic respect to those participated the poll, isn't it? They are not ignoring the poll results, they are ignoring the basic respect it suppose to be given.  

i agree, however.. when the original dev left, he left it in the hands of the community and unfortunately this thread was handed over to someone who is now not very active. It would be nice to see more updates on the OP of news etc...

Agree.

Doing a new voting is fine, no problem at all. But need make a timely announcement to the community that we will have a new poll for the voting because certain reasons, rather than say nothing. And give the approximate timeline when a new poll will be or tell everyone the time is to be determined but will happen soon.

That's it! Making an announcement needs the team 10 minutes, 1 hour, a few days, a few weeks, etc? How long it needs to take?

More and more people are becoming highly doubt the team is hiding somethings which would not be expected to be exposed. If the assumption is wrong please use their action to prove we are wrong and kill the rumor.

Otherwise, will gradually loose community's trust. Let's watch the next steps of the team.

zhouyc

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:45:02 AM

o attract more people to support projects, it is necessary for the project to prove itself and let investors puzzle the project.
raystorm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:17:47 PM

BTCWhat is the voting address?
changshaoraovb3

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:35:18 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 08:30:56 PM by changshaoraovb3

Reduction Poll Address:

https://goo.gl/forms/KUat1RskAdP0YjN73

codezero

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:49:56 PM

block explorer not available ? http://explorer.xdag.io/  Huh

anybody willing to sell some xdag ?  Tongue
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:07:51 PM

Dear all.

I have been involved in xdag since January this year and I have looked at the tech and the efforts put in by the development team.
I have also been the first to question a lot of the technology behind xdag, and as a result I have been silenced from the chat channels, banned by the 'community' and 'punished' for questioning the tech behind the transport layer used in xdag - DNET.

I will offer this disclaimer that i continue to mine xdag with significant hashpower and none of my findings pointed out in this post are based on prejudices or misconceptions. My considerations are based purely on the fact that this coin seems to  be gaining huge value OTC by none more than hype, based on no solid foundation.

Although I have been involved in many cryptocurrencies dating all the way back to the conception of bitcoin in 2009, I initially worked on this coin (XDAG) with a few friends who wanted to simply, develop a pool for miners to mine xdag.

We set up a pool, however found some initial problems with the existing software. At first, it was considered that the software was the main issue and we then went on to build a second pool to alleviate our fears that the base tech of the coin was not the issue. After numerous issues on the first pool (continual disconnections and archive shares being lost) we built a second pool on a much more expensive (and expansive) server.

This second pool at least kept connection, but there was still a nagging issue that we could not quite put our fingers on. This second pool took around two weeks to build, sync and allow mining upon.

this was a concern.

So... we built a third pool, on a third server, even better spec than previous pools. This pool synced great, only connected by two other nodes... the previous two pools which were built for us - both 'whitelisted' in the centralized method of the DNET transport layer that XDAG employs.

Then i got to reading the actual DNET protocol.

oh shit.

If i were to set up a specific number of pools (nodes) on the network and have each connected via the whitelist, I could basically turn xdag into a local network - controlled by the number of nodes I have set up and thus; dictate where xdag coins could be produced and by whom.

some of you may have noticed a drop in many of the pools over the past couple of weeks?

my apologies.

Only a few pools remained online?

it was not my intent to cause harm.

why was that?

DNET testing.

Basically the dnet transport layer is designed to be used only as a local network, and has very limited capacity (this is why your cpu's idle at 100% when you mine xdag with your gpu's - although I have found this beneficial to other projects I have since been involved in.)

I set up a network of machines, linked to each other that concluded the network capabilities of xdag.
I left a few pools online, and most of xdag miners across the world have managed to switch over to to those pools in the past few days.

I've now powered down the 38 machines which were all running my 'local network' of xdag pools.

But let this be a warning... if someone who had BAD intentions came along, they could easily do the same as I have done and take complete control of the xdag network.. make a quick fork and move all of the xdag coins onto their local nodes (pools).

I've warned the community of xdag for many weeks now that this issue was a growing concern, and what has been the result?

truth hurts. let's ignore, ban, move along.... keep building our house on a foundation of sand(!?)

DNET AND THE WHITELIST OF XDAG are a growing concern, stop hyping a coin simply because it is the 'first mineable DAG'

all apologies.

yours in decentralised truth,

LeCoquin, Kyrusfables, Raskul.. et al...

i will post no more on XDAG.
sgaragagghu

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:12:44 PM

Dear all.

I have been involved in xdag since January this year and I have looked at the tech and the efforts put in by the development team.
I have also been the first to question a lot of the technology behind xdag, and as a result I have been silenced from the chat channels, banned by the 'community' and 'punished' for questioning the tech behind the transport layer used in xdag - DNET.

I will offer this disclaimer that i continue to mine xdag with significant hashpower and none of my findings pointed out in this post are based on prejudices or misconceptions. My considerations are based purely on the fact that this coin seems to  be gaining huge value OTC by none more than hype, based on no solid foundation.

Although I have been involved in many cryptocurrencies dating all the way back to the conception of bitcoin in 2009, I initially worked on this coin (XDAG) with a few friends who wanted to simply, develop a pool for miners to mine xdag.

We set up a pool, however found some initial problems with the existing software. At first, it was considered that the software was the main issue and we then went on to build a second pool to alleviate our fears that the base tech of the coin was not the issue. After numerous issues on the first pool (continual disconnections and archive shares being lost) we built a second pool on a much more expensive (and expansive) server.

This second pool at least kept connection, but there was still a nagging issue that we could not quite put our fingers on. This second pool took around two weeks to build, sync and allow mining upon.

this was a concern.

So... we built a third pool, on a third server, even better spec than previous pools. This pool synced great, only connected by two other nodes... the previous two pools which were built for us - both 'whitelisted' in the centralized method of the DNET transport layer that XDAG employs.

Then i got to reading the actual DNET protocol.

oh shit.

If i were to set up a specific number of pools (nodes) on the network and have each connected via the whitelist, I could basically turn xdag into a local network - controlled by the number of nodes I have set up and thus; dictate where xdag coins could be produced and by whom.

some of you may have noticed a drop in many of the pools over the past couple of weeks?

my apologies.

Only a few pools remained online?

it was not my intent to cause harm.

why was that?

DNET testing.

Basically the dnet transport layer is designed to be used only as a local network, and has very limited capacity (this is why your cpu's idle at 100% when you mine xdag with your gpu's - although I have found this beneficial to other projects I have since been involved in.)

I set up a network of machines, linked to each other that concluded the network capabilities of xdag.
I left a few pools online, and most of xdag miners across the world have managed to switch over to to those pools in the past few days.

I've now powered down the 38 machines which were all running my 'local network' of xdag pools.

But let this be a warning... if someone who had BAD intentions came along, they could easily do the same as I have done and take complete control of the xdag network.. make a quick fork and move all of the xdag coins onto their local nodes (pools).

I've warned the community of xdag for many weeks now that this issue was a growing concern, and what has been the result?

truth hurts. let's ignore, ban, move along.... keep building our house on a foundation of sand(!?)

DNET AND THE WHITELIST OF XDAG are a growing concern, stop hyping a coin simply because it is the 'first mineable DAG'

all apologies.

yours in decentralised truth,

LeCoquin, Kyrusfables, Raskul.. et al...

i will post no more on XDAG.

Hey buddy, the issue started yesterday on Chinese pool.
Chinese moved like a horde to Europe/US pools and those pools crashed for too high load and some unlucky issue not related to dnet.  (Well only the Sofar pool went down probably for dnet) (Our pool wasn't never tested for a so much big amount of miners).
And no one saw your 38 pools connected to the network...

Dnet need to be improved or changed with another overlay network but it is not good to create bad stories!
Thanks buddy, hope you can support us after your biggest enemy dnet will be killed Smiley
freepellent

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:51:34 AM

"I have also been the first to question a lot of the technology behind xdag" rgsneds.
Technology is irrelevant to the miners. What matters is that mining costs are less then sale price. Keep building pyramids.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:12:42 AM

I've heard that Dagger is hitting an exchange soon and is still being actively developed after the community took it over.  While waiting for the first exchange, do we know what the current rates are per DAG?  This project is very exciting, the first mine-able DAG crypto.
mathsw

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:51:25 AM

I've heard that Dagger is hitting an exchange soon and is still being actively developed after the community took it over.  While waiting for the first exchange, do we know what the current rates are per DAG?  This project is very exciting, the first mine-able DAG crypto.

I took a quick look and the lowest sell offer is $0.06, with matching buy order price. Just a couple of days ago it was $0.03.

The RPC is coming soon. You can follow all core development on our Github page https://github.com/XDagger/xdag.
hotmetaldobermans

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

Some drama!

So...buy the time any "normal" person (who can't mine) has the chance to buy this fairly on market, it'll already be bought up / pushed up by insiders?

Bummer.
mathsw

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:37:16 PM

Reduction Poll Address:

https://[Suspicious link removed]/forms/KUat1RskAdP0YjN73

You will see how the dev team ignore the community's poll. :-)

I don't believe the team will seriously consider the supply reduction. It's more like a cheating and help them to manipulate the price up. But they have to make an announcement anyway, sooner or later.

The poll was simply to gauge interest of what people want. Gauging interest like this is also quite hard because there are various ways of cheating the system.

Some ways which are considered:

Poll, 1 person 1 vote with open results on XDAG.io website.
PoW, the miners decide the result.
Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

The problem with the Google Forms poll is that it allows for multiple votes, which resulted in malicious attempts to skew the vote in one direction. The result is that a majority of the votes want as much reduction as possible to increase the profit as much as possible. This is why the polling system has to be reconsidered.

Something further to consider is that the poll was never said to be a final vote which determines the future of the coin. There has been a lot of criticism because of this which is unnecessary. There is no need to decide now, rather it is better to wait a little bit and let PoW decide. This is perhaps the best and most decentralized way of deciding.

With that said, there are some further improvements to the core in PR #88 on GitHub which is currently under review.
changshaoraovb3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:15:46 AM

Reduction Poll Address:

I don't believe the team will seriously consider the supply reduction. It's more like a cheating and help them to manipulate the price up. But they have to make an announcement anyway, sooner or later.

The poll was simply to gauge interest of what people want. Gauging interest like this is also quite hard because there are various ways of cheating the system.

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

The problem with the Google Forms poll is that it allows for multiple votes, which resulted in malicious attempts to skew the vote in one direction. The result is that a majority of the votes want as much reduction as possible to increase the profit as much as possible. This is why the polling system has to be reconsidered.

Something further to consider is that the poll was never said to be a final vote which determines the future of the coin. There has been a lot of criticism because of this which is unnecessary. There is no need to decide now, rather it is better to wait a little bit and let PoW decide. This is perhaps the best and most decentralized way of deciding.

With that said, there are some further improvements to the core in PR #88 on GitHub which is currently under review.

Thanks for you reply.
You said:

Response: It is true that Google Forms poll has potential probability to allow for multiple votes. I understand your assumption and concerns, so let's vote again.

You said:

Response: It's a little bit sophistical when we say "poll was never said to be a final vote which determines the future of the coin". Let's use PoW decide. I would like to know the approximate timeline for the re-voting which many community members would like to know either.

You said:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Response: I agree that the PoW is the consensus of XDAG. The future of XDAG needs to be determined by PoW consensus.
AnotherYou

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:10:50 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 09:21:50 AM by AnotherYou

xdag.corpopool.com:443 is back online!

Old WWW: http://dagger.corpopool.com
Open Pool: http://xdagger.corpopool.com

Enjoy!

mathsw

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:26:01 AM

Reduction Poll Address:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Thanks for you reply.
You said:

Response: It is true that Google Forms poll has potential probability to allow for multiple votes. I understand your assumption and concerns, so let's vote again.

You said:

Response: It's a little bit sophistical when we say "poll was never said to be a final vote which determines the future of the coin". Let's use PoW decide. I would like to know the approximate timeline for the re-voting which many community members would like to know either.

You said:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Response: I agree that the PoW is the consensus of XDAG. The future of XDAG needs to be determined by PoW consensus.

Thank you for your elaborate response as well.

As for a timeline, there is nothing decided just yet--hence why we are having this conversation right now.

Because the mainnet was launched January 5th, a 6 month halving could occur on June 5th or 6th.
Thus I believe that a PoW consensus would have to be reached at that time whether or not a reduction is plausible.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:11:13 AM

Reduction Poll Address:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Thanks for you reply.
You said:

You said:

You said:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

As for a timeline, there is nothing decided just yet--hence why we are having this conversation right now.

Because the mainnet was launched January 5th, a 6 month halving could occur on June 5th or 6th.
Thus I believe that a PoW consensus would have to be reached at that time whether or not a reduction is plausible.

It's a kinda "mine-fast coins now, abd later we will reduce supply to make it harder". Consensuses cant be changed, just like that. Normally proposed amount is being held till the end of coin. So, I think it's not a good move. Maybe make some restriction for total supply (even tho I wouldnt), but not for mining rewards, and mining halving lol. That's not how trustless consensuses work.
johntradez

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:45:15 PM

I see the block (DAG?) explorer isn't running yet. Anyone know how to find out the total circulating supply?
changshaoraovb3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:45:36 PM

Reduction Poll Address:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Thanks for you reply.
You said:

You said:

You said:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

I appreciate your feedback and clarification!
changshaoraovb3

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:02:37 PM

Reduction Poll Address:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

Thanks for you reply.
You said:

You said:

You said:

Captcha solving.
Tx voting.

It's a kinda "mine-fast coins now, abd later we will reduce supply to make it harder". Consensuses cant be changed, just like that. Normally proposed amount is being held till the end of coin. So, I think it's not a good move. Maybe make some restriction for total supply (even tho I wouldnt), but not for mining rewards, and mining halving lol. That's not how trustless consensuses work.

Thanks for your comments. Actually, the XDAG consensus would never be changed if we are still complying the PoW consensus. The common consensus being used in cryptocurrenty world are PoW (Bitcoin), PoS (DASH, NEO) and dPos (EOS), etc. All these coins are following their own consensus. Please keep in mind that XDAG is a PoW coin and the consensus of XDAG is PoW consensus. Therefore, the reduction decision should be determined by the PoW consensus rather than any individual's preference. That's the right way and only way to archive the community consensus unless people wouldn't accept XDAG is a PoW coin.

If people don't think PoW is a fair way as a consensus, that being said they disagree the most important basis of bitcoin invented by Satoshi Nakamoto. PoW is the cornstone of the entire cryptocurrency world.

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: