Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:50:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single SC 60GH Finally Arrived  (Read 2500 times)
magixx (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 12:33:59 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 05:31:20 AM by magixx

I finally received my Single SC 60GH/s which was order 1760 from the US (to Canada).
Currently getting about 57GH/s, it is louder then expected, reminds me of the Xbox 360, but on the bright side, its only 34*C on the inside.
Here are some pictures and the album:

http://imgur.com/a/MUTW7

Anyone else get theirs?

UPDATED Info:
Shipping was done via USPS Large International Priority Flat Rate Box. The packaged weighted 3.775KG. The full value of the contents was declared to be $1300USD which was the USD price when I originally bought the unit. Because of this I paid full customs which was 13% of the package value for my province. Good luck to EU customers who will likely get screwed by VAT.
I did not opt for "Express" because BFL were being greedy as hell on that (and extra $250).
I unfortunately do not have power raitings available.
I was not asked to post pictures by anyone.
I did not recieve a mug.
I did look a bit but did not see other BFL SC threads like there are for Avalon Batch 1 and 2 so that is why I made this and to give people an idea of around when they might recieve their order based on my order number.

1N8sHKb7RAdzJwLtDw1yrtc1ip1oiVFWBt
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:15:47 AM

Congrats; I'm still waiting for mine. Can you provide some details about the shipping to Canada? Did you opt for the 'standard' shipping, or 'express'? Do you know how long it took to get from BFL (once you were provided your tracking #, or at least notified that your unit had shipped), through customs, and to you?

I have some of BFL's 80W FPGA Singles so, using those as a baseline, I can imagine what a device that generates 3-4x as much heat must sound like. An unfortunate side-effect of high power consumption and the necessity of multiple high-speed fans.

The 60Ghps miners are rated for +/- 10%, so 57Ghps is well within spec.
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 01:22:39 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 02:54:42 AM by tom99

I finally received my Single SC 60GH/s which was order 1760 from the US (to Canada).
Currently getting about 57GH/s, it is louder then expected, reminds me of the Xbox 360, but on the bright side, its only 34*C on the inside.
Here are some pictures and the album:

http://imgur.com/a/MUTW7

Anyone else get theirs?

Did you pay anymore fee like cross border tax?

dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:57:10 AM

Nice
Congrats  Lips sealed
endriuska

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:23:46 AM

Were you asked to post pictures by BFL?
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:27:28 AM

It is good to see investors finally getting their product. Limits the damage somewhat by letting people recoup some of their investment.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:40:30 AM

Pay for 60, get 57, cool

Does anyone else think it's strange that BFL has shipped a few dozen singles at best yet you see "I got my single today" threads all over the place?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

If I got my single,  I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, and I definitely wouldn't make a thread about it.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:40:49 AM

It is good to see investors finally getting their product. Limits the damage somewhat by letting people recoup some of their investment.

A pretty good return on their USD $1299 by the look of things. Should have it back in 14 days - (there's that *two weeks* again)  Smiley
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:48:49 AM

A pretty good return on their USD $1299 by the look of things. Should have it back in 14 days

But a very lousy return on the 150+ BTC they forwent back in June of 2012 to acquire it. They should have that back in...probably never.

magixx (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:30:59 AM

Shipping was done via USPS Large International Priority Flat Rate Box. The packaged weighted 3.775KG. The full value of the contents was declared to be $1300USD which was the USD price when I originally bought the unit. Because of this I paid full customs which was 13% of the package value for my province. Good luck to EU customers who will likely get screwed by VAT.
I did not opt for "Express" because BFL were being greedy as hell on that (and extra $250).
I did not recieve a mug.
I did look a bit but did not see other BFL SC threads like there are for Avalon Batch 1 and 2 so that is why I made this and to give people an idea of around when they might recieve their order based on my order number.

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 05:34:02 AM

I did not recieve a mug.

¡Ay, caramba!
NO MUG!  Angry

thehairymob

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 01:49:07 PM

Congrats, I'm jealous as I have a long wait for the jallys I ordered. Hope BFL speed things up soon but it is great to see folks getting their orders as it gives the rest of us a little hope Smiley
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 02:26:37 PM

I did not recieve a mug.

¡Ay, caramba!
NO MUG!  Angry
My Jalapeno came with a mug, but the SC Single did not.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 03:26:46 PM

I think my quote for express postage on 2x Jalapenos was US$300 extra or something silly like that.  ~$35 for normal post that took exactly a week to Australia.  Paying $300 more would have shaved 2 days off at the very best.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 06:03:21 PM

I did not recieve a mug.
Excellent information, thank you. Do you know how long the package took in transit before it reached your door?
magixx (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:36:19 PM

USPS Package Tracking Info Here:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tLabels=CJ417640848US

jackthebeanstalk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 07:38:31 PM

How is the product running?  Able to achieve the specs consistently?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:23:43 AM

I received my 60GH/s single last weekend.  It has been mining more or less reliably since arrival except for BFGMiner crashing 4 times (don't know if device or software is responsible).

My problem is one of the chips arrived dead.  Thanks to a little guidance on the BFL shoutbox I was able to get BFGMiner to show the individual mining units and one is dead (I'm not familiar with BFGMiner since I used CGMiner primarily).

I'm guessing the chip was DOA since my unit never went over 55GH/s and is averaging about 53GH/s.  Obviously this is below their claim of +/- 10% since I don't think they bothered testing (unless it's possible for 1 unit to get damaged in transit).

I contacted BFL via email, PMed Josh, and posted on the forums.  One week and still not even an acknowledgment of receipt of my issue.

Considering I have several other preorders with them you would think the company would be a little more responsive to "future" customers.  I believe they will make good on their guarantee of +/- 10% but being short the equivalent of a Bitforce 5GH/s or 7 unit is not exactly making me happy, especially after waiting 54 weeks Sad

I tried to measure the power draw on my Killawatt but the unit had problems powering on when plugged through the killawatt, so I gave up.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:31:53 AM

Ya I emailed them about my dead PSU, and had to wait forever to hear back from them. It was over a week before Jody replied back, and when she did, it was less than helpful. Basically along the lines of "oh well". Quite odd as I've always had good luck with their customer service, once you factor out the wait time.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:00:45 AM

Ya I emailed them about my dead PSU, and had to wait forever to hear back from them. It was over a week before Jody replied back, and when she did, it was less than helpful. Basically along the lines of "oh well". Quite odd as I've always had good luck with their customer service, once you factor out the wait time.

No warranty? IIRC they were offering lifetime warranties.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 02:12:20 AM

I can use this at my new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255830.0
SilentStray

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:05:59 AM

I can use this at my new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255830.0

No offence but you've practically been spamming all BFL posts with your thread about trying to get them to sue you.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: