Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:47:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP #HODL go #INWEST  (Read 1079 times)
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Well holding is mostly a safe bet when you don't know whta to do with current situation or just want to patiently wait as bitcoins prices has raised too much in small amount of time so no one can say whether it would go up or fall hard.And for encouraging start-ups by investing in ICOs but there aren't many ICOs there showing potential to grow more and still many of them are fail or scam coins so investing in ICOs may cause mostly loss.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:06:50 PM

There lies the problem where it's easier to get richer by just sitting on the assets than risking them investing. The glass only holds so much water in this kind of system and it starts losing moisture before it gets entirely filled.
zakcooper40

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:41:12 PM

I think you shouldn't encourage people to risk their money if they're not efford to lose those money.

███  ████     BAAN►X  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:07:55 PM

Of course invest is better than just hold but to learn about investing, it's not easy Cheesy. There are a lot of way to invest Bitcoin like trading, ICO project, gambling or lending system, to find out a good way to invest I think people will have to spend months to learn about it. For example for trading and ICO project, there are thousands cryptocurrency and ICO project to invest in but not all of them are good to invest so we need to find out the good one to invest in. But for some people it's not easy to find it out cause they don't have any knowledge or skills to be able to find it out although they can learn about it but to find a legit course it's also not easy so some people still prefer just hold their cryptocurrency to invest in anything Cheesy

eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:15:38 PM

There lies the problem where it's easier to get richer by just sitting on the assets than risking them investing. The glass only holds so much water in this kind of system and it starts losing moisture before it gets entirely filled.

How is holding bitcoin any different to investing in another coin and waiting to sell it? They are both investing. Buying at ICO is investing. There are also much bigger returns to be made 'investing' in ICOs or even other coins not in the ICO stage, you just have to get a good one.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:50:06 PM

How is holding bitcoin any different to investing in another coin and waiting to sell it? They are both investing. Buying at ICO is investing. There are also much bigger returns to be made 'investing' in ICOs or even other coins not in the ICO stage, you just have to get a good one.

Precisely, holding bitcoin is the same as investing in any credible venture  and so why should i sell and buy something else when i can still profit from the margins that bitcoin's volatility is going to create. Holding is the only way here especially if you have little amount of bitcoins.
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:56:30 PM

Precisely, holding bitcoin is the same as investing in any credible venture  and so why should i sell and buy something else when i can still profit from the margins that bitcoin's volatility is going to create. Holding is the only way here especially if you have little amount of bitcoins.

I wouldn't say that holding is the only way I just disagree with the idea that is not a feasible option. For many it will be the best option. 'Investing' requires a lot more time and knowledge as well as having to take on more risk. For many they just want to watch their money grow from a distance without investing much time and that's okay.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Gameflip ICO

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:59:40 PM

It depends whether you are a trader or investor.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:14:33 AM

Do not #HODL go #INWEST support start-ups

Only investment is healthy and makes any asset useful

This is true for $, gold, bitcoin or any other asset, fiat, basis coin

HODLing under mattress in hope that speculations will make you rich is nonsense killing the economic and technical progress

USE it or you will LOSE it

#Bitcoin HODLer nowadays look like old people holding their assets under the mattress instead of investing into crypto currency world.

Even if somebody decides to go #INWEST into something new #hodlers starting a shitstorm, because these cocky shitless pensioners simply scared to lose without understanding what all crypto technologies are about.

Imagine what we can reach with current 200 Billion Market capital if at least 10% of it will be on USE #INWESTed into different projects changing the world.

I am really upset to see how bitcoin is becaming just another shity speculation object of wall street - they are all alteady preparing their "future" trading, frequent trading, margin trading instruments to enter the crypto world and SPOIL it, like it is in money market going on: only speculation and no any interest on where you invest and why.
Well, first I would like to let you know that HOLD is quite the same thing as Investment, cause HOLD is when you invest your money into the asset and decide hold it more than the time you’re supposed to hold it because you believe that price will increase ….but I still understand where you are heading to, you are trying to say we should stop depending on Bitcoin speculation price rate and make investments in new coins.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:32:15 AM

Yes, with available funds and for anyone who can do some pretty good technical analysis knowledge, it should be known when situations like what are about to happen and when to happen, trading will be suitable option. BUt I would not be too worried these at the moment.

Most people have been expecting this massive appreciations for a while now, but the bull just keeps doing its thing so holding would be a simpler and highly profitable choice for anyone. Yes, for those who may really not have any strategy, holding would be their best bet at this stage.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:36:26 AM

Yes, with available funds and for anyone who can do some pretty good technical analysis knowledge, it should be known when situations like what are about to happen and when to happen, trading will be suitable option. BUt I would not be too worried these at the moment.

Most people have been expecting this massive appreciations for a while now, but the bull just keeps doing its thing so holding would be a simpler and highly profitable choice for anyone. Yes, for those who may really not have any strategy, holding would be their best bet at this stage.

If people don’t want to take more risk then investing is a good option and hold it for good. It really depends on the strategy of one person, if you are comfortable with trading then do it, but for me when your goal is for long term better to invest and hodl.
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:54:19 AM

yes the theory you give is true, do not let bitcoin just keep quiet, develop by investing altcoin existing and safe to multiply bitcoin.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:40:40 AM

HODLing under mattress in hope that speculations will make you rich is nonsense killing the economic and technical progress

#Bitcoin HODLer nowadays look like old people holding their assets under the mattress instead of investing into crypto currency world.

Even if somebody decides to go #INWEST into something new #hodlers starting a shitstorm, because these cocky shitless pensioners simply scared to lose without understanding what all crypto technologies are about.

Imagine what we can reach with current 200 Billion Market capital if at least 10% of it will be on USE #INWESTed into different projects changing the world.

I am really upset to see how bitcoin is becaming just another shity speculation object of wall street - they are all alteady preparing their "future" trading, frequent trading, margin trading instruments to enter the crypto world and SPOIL it, like it is in money market going on: only speculation and no any interest on where you invest and why.
What happen if you're supporting a scam start-up? Investing is not a good choice as all the time.
Investing is a good choice but yes you are right, there are so many scam sites and startups that are only making money by deceiving people. For this, it is often advised to research properly what you are investing it. Like even you want to take a start in bitcoin trading or investing, you must research properly about bitcoin, whether this suits you whether you have interest in investing or not.
putrii

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:05:34 PM

yes of course, do not hold the bitcoin that is developed and make bitcoin into many, if you just silence the bitcoin then you will not get rich, bitcoin investment in some altcoin like LTC / BTC is currently good.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:35:24 PM

You are right everyone is just hodling their btc this is making btc look much like a bubble. I dont even term it as a currency when it comes to financial market because to be a currency it must have a stable price. Its more of a commodity which isnt even derivative not backed by any asset or security
Everybody has his/her own aim in everything, the same case is in bitcoin. Many people had sold their bitcoin while many of them are still holding it. The reason is that the thinking of everyone is different and also everyone has a change aim in bitcoin.

I think if someone need money then he should sell bitcoin and gain is profit , which will be far enough for him but if someone is not in need for money then they should wait for some more profit.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:56:46 AM

That's not the story. The hold is as necessary as the daily trades, with the daily trades nois we make that the money moves and all the economy rotate making the price of it is more volatile. With the hold, the number of transactions decreases and the increase of the currency is increasing and without major changes, this is also an excellent business option because many people in holding a certain currency add market value on it which contributes to the valuation.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:06:51 AM

I think you shouldn't encourage people to risk their money if they're not efford to lose those money.
yes that's true but indeed if you are interested to gain much money you need to risk sometimes and as the matter of fact that is the common ways to be successful which is need to risk to achieve our goals no more doubts if you worrying about huge lose the try a small amount.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:06:19 PM

These sort of speculative market is good for early investors as they will be making a ton of money with the kind of investments coming from wall street and other big shots who are increasing the price of bitcoin like crazy ,i am not sure how well these sort of price will help new investors,but if you are an old time users,rejoice and enjoy the ride and make money.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:11:58 PM

I can agree that only holding bitcoin is not enough and bitcoin was not made just to be held in wallets, it should be used actively and that ways it fulfills the purpose. But investing is risky and takes certain knowledge, dedication and experiences and that is the reason why many users just like to hold it, that takes no efforts and they don't have to occupy with bitcoin, it's easier way.

malaj
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:25:28 PM

I can agree that only holding bitcoin is not enough and bitcoin was not made just to be held in wallets, it should be used actively and that ways it fulfills the purpose. But investing is risky and takes certain knowledge, dedication and experiences and that is the reason why many users just like to hold it, that takes no efforts and they don't have to occupy with bitcoin, it's easier way.
If each and every user starts sending out bitcoins held in their wallet,the network will go down without a doubt,if you check the unconfirmed transaction list ,you would understand what is happening and what is needed for a smooth transaction for now,it is not meant to be sent on a daily basis at least for now,until there is some sort of technical change in the network. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: