Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all your Bitcoin?  (Read 408 times)
sachithra (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:29:08 PM

The average price at which the survey respondents said that they will sell all their Bitcoins is $196,166 per Bitcoin. This represents 30x the value of Bitcoin prevailing at the time of the survey. It is to be noted that this is the price at which the respondents will sell all their Bitcoins. Almost a third (32.62%) have sold some of their Bitcoins since they started investing. It is tempting to book profits, given how the price of Bitcoin has rallied in the last year.

Most of the respondents plan to hold their Bitcoins at least one year, with only 16.49% planning to sell sooner than that. According to the survey, 21% of Bitcoin investors plan to hold on to their coins for at least seven years, and 11.7% say they will hold the currency for 10 years or longer. Thanks!
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:08:47 PM

Today,the price of bitcoin raise to $15222.95 from $14000.We can see a steady rise here.I believe that the price of bitcoin will increase a bit till the end of  this year of 2017.

I can't guess the price of bitcoin in the coming year.I don't want to take any risk.So,I've decided to sell most of my bitcoins.Not all of them.But most of them.Actually I want to have money physically which I can make use in my daily need.

hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 05:46:27 PM

The average price at which the survey respondents said that they will sell all their Bitcoins is $196,166 per Bitcoin. This represents 30x the value of Bitcoin prevailing at the time of the survey. It is to be noted that this is the price at which the respondents will sell all their Bitcoins. Almost a third (32.62%) have sold some of their Bitcoins since they started investing. It is tempting to book profits, given how the price of Bitcoin has rallied in the last year.

Most of the respondents plan to hold their Bitcoins at least one year, with only 16.49% planning to sell sooner than that. According to the survey, 21% of Bitcoin investors plan to hold on to their coins for at least seven years, and 11.7% say they will hold the currency for 10 years or longer. Thanks!

Nowadays the Bitcoin fluctuations, referring to the volatility of the bitcoin prices are really making a new high by moving higher and higher every single day. The bitcoin prices were never been predicted before nor they can be predicted today because they are doubling in every quarter and you can't see type of rise in price's with stable and strong fundamental supporting behind it. I myself few days back predicted to reach $7000 to $8000 and today it is trading near $15000 which I never expected in this short span of time.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:54:11 PM

I'm not planning to sell and I don't treat selling like booking profits. You should look at it as exchanging one thing for another. Turning fiat money into a new car isn't booking profits, it's exchanging goods. To be wealthy you have to make sure each of these exchanges will bring you profit. For instance selling an asset that will go up in price for one that will remain steady should be seen as losing money (because losing an opportunity equals losing money) and exchanging a stable asset into one that will lose value over time  is obviously a bad idea. If you buy a new car that's bound to lose 20% of value within the next 1 or 2 years, you're wasting money, but if you buy a rare vintage car you will most likely gain from it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:00:00 PM

I think to sell bitcoin at $20000. December is bitcoin to the moon because many event and hardfork Cheesy
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:06:35 PM

I understand where the respondents are coming from.

But I am not looking to book profit, holding my BTC for the long term. Unless there is a need for money, otherwise I will prefer to keep my BTC.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 06:14:49 PM

Today,the price of bitcoin raise to $15222.95 from $14000.We can see a steady rise here.I believe that the price of bitcoin will increase a bit till the end of  this year of 2017.

I can't guess the price of bitcoin in the coming year.I don't want to take any risk.So,I've decided to sell most of my bitcoins.Not all of them.But most of them.

Wow, brilliant prediction here: "i believe price of bitcoin will in rease a bit", bitcoin's been increasing steadily all year. And i don't think you should sell all your bitcoin, you'll be kicking yourself when the price bounces back stronger after a prolonged stall (which we are due for).

To the OP, selling and spending Bitcoin are two different thngs, they indicate two different attitudes, neither of which is clearly represented in the study you're quoting.

People who say "i'm selling my bitcoin at xxx$ price aren't real bitcoin supporters. People who are only in it for the money are the people that create pump and dump ICOs. If you believe in Bitcoin, you'll never completely sell and you'll never stop buying.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:19:57 PM

Not yet, Because i believe in Bitcoin.Bitcoin price is decreaseing now and think this is a good sign for future pump.Only pump can't make a coin stable. Bitcoin already a stable and legit coin you know. And after a few dump bitcoin will rise again more than before and it will touch 20+k usd soon. So, better you should hold your bitcoin. Good luck.

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:24:02 PM

Went to the correction and is now rising again. So don't panic and keep bitcoin, with manipulati will only lose money.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:26:26 PM

The people might be those who sell Bitcoin when it reach ATH and buy back when the price corrected. This is one way to earn more BTC, it can be risky if Bitcoin price keep going up.

Or these people do not have enough confidence for Bitcoin and really sell to book profit. In this case, they lost out when Bitcoin price is much higher in the next few years.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:29:29 PM

I understand where the respondents are coming from.

But I am not looking to book profit, holding my BTC for the long term. Unless there is a need for money, otherwise I will prefer to keep my BTC.

Same here, I have not made a fortune out of it yet, I want to earn more than I could ever imagine, I am not investing in some others shitcoins, but I do have my reserved of fiat. People are selling it now at low price and that's what we need, buy it at low price and soon it will rise again. I'll wait for years and see what happens.
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:44:55 PM

Do not give in to panic when movements. 100 times it was so, bitcoin is falling, then highs. And sell it to these corrections, is just waste of income!

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
b1k4ng

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:56:00 PM

maybe selling bitcoin for now is not too bad. but if you think that bitcoin growth is very good and can be a long-term investment it is better to hold it. because the price will be better than at this time

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: