Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPal beta - Buying bitcoins with PayPal  (Read 170515 times)
Darth Severus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 02:30:48 AM

Ah here is the discussion I hoped to start here:http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7069.msg103412#msg103412, I made a list with all options I know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
schnak

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:09:57 PM

https://squareup.com/ might be an option for accepting credit card payments.... the logistics of actually doing it are a little beyond what my brain is willing to handle at the moment but it presents a path that may be walkable.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2011, 06:14:36 PM

https://squareup.com/ might be an option for accepting credit card payments....

Actually, I just realized that you can buy bitcoins with your credit card right now on the ebay auction I linked to, if you are in the U.S.

Longmarch

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:19:31 PM

https://squareup.com/ might be an option for accepting credit card payments.... the logistics of actually doing it are a little beyond what my brain is willing to handle at the moment but it presents a path that may be walkable.

Squareup looks like it might be pretty awesome, just in general.  At first glance at least.

Wrt Bitcoin, it could be excellent for face-to-face transactions.  Swipe the card, wait for the money to clear, use your phone to send the bitcoins.  Though, I can't imagine how there would be a significant amount of business for someone selling bitcoin in the streets like that.

rabit

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:23:50 PM

Liqpay is also a good credit card payment processing service.
schnak

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:29:32 PM

I use square for my tech support business, it works as a good platform / example of how the transaction process might be able to work with a bitcoin wallet app. Either it does not require that you have the card, you can manually key in the CC info as well. Square has no idea what was bought, your CC company won't see the transactions as bitcoin.

But then who is going to email their CC info? I would hope very few unless they were using onetime use cards.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 06:35:43 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2011, 07:26:58 PM by sgornick

Squareup looks like it might be pretty awesome, just in general.  At first glance at least.

Wrt Bitcoin, it could be excellent for face-to-face transactions.  Swipe the card, wait for the money to clear, use your phone to send the bitcoins.  Though, I can't imagine how there would be a significant amount of business for someone selling bitcoin in the streets like that.

Since a chargeback against a credit card transaction is easy, I don't know that this would be an option for selling bitcoin "in the streets", though I suppose for friends and family it might be suitable.  2.75%.  No different than using PayPal, except that PayPal has the "personal / gift" option where no fees are incurred by the recipient.  AmEx's Serve is another credit-card + ACH based payment network similar to PayPal, and for now (through August, 2011) they charge no fees to either the sender or the recipient.  

Again, if you trust that you won't get charged back, these all work fine for person-to-person payment methods.

http://squareup.com
  http://gopayment.com
  http://serve.com
  http://dwolla.com

There's a good list of options being built here: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7069.0

Exchanging in and out of bitcoins for each transaction certainly gets to be expensive though.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Intermediary

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 11:54:40 PM

I'd just like to thank you for your support in helping me to get some of my first bitcoins.  The transactions were always swift and without hassle.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 04, 2011, 11:50:18 AM

The effect of cutting Bitcoin exchangers off of Paypal: 

1) Users will still trade Bitcoins for Dollars.

2) But now they will be individually paypalling those dollars to each other, instead of using a central service.

3) Seems to me that if you have a supercomputer, and you have access to Amazon's transactions, and you have access to the block chain, then this move makes it suddenly much easier to associate block chain transactions with paypal transactions.

4) Basically if this came from higher up, the purpose was to make the block chain traceable.

5) Anyone receiving dollars in Paypal has a verified identity, taxpayer ID, bank account, etc.

I think it's time for Bitcoin aficionados to consider anonymity layers...

I agree.

chaostheory

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 11:58:35 AM

So is there any way to actually get my money from bitcoin account? Actually I need this money asap and since I can't just 'start an order' I need to say I'm pretty screwed Sad
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 12:17:35 PM

So is there any way to actually get my money from bitcoin account? Actually I need this money asap and since I can't just 'start an order' I need to say I'm pretty screwed Sad
What do you mean by "get my money from bitcoin account"? Do you have bitcoins you wish to send to someone?

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
fetokun

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 12:18:25 PM

Did you took a look at http://www.bitcoincashout.com/ ?

there is a bunch of others: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Currency_exchange

Anonymous

May 05, 2011, 01:38:53 PM

How many do you have ?
AntiVigilante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 07:11:02 PM

What a bunch of cunts!

What if this community decided to put their paypal accounts where their mouth is and gave you their own account to operate coinpal with. Is it even feasible? If so, how many frozen paypal accounts do you think it would take for them to reverse the policy?

PM me if you have ideas. Very serious about what you said, but a different strategy in mind.

Proposal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11541.msg162881#msg162881
Inception: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/296
Goal: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=12536.0
Means: Code, donations, and brutal criticism. I've got a thick skin. 1Gc3xCHAzwvTDnyMW3evBBr5qNRDN3DRpq
sverre

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 09:45:14 AM

What about Western Union?

If I can use my W.U. online account to send money to someone in China, who then picks up in cash, they've clearly addressed the fraud charge-back thing (I think they ring you to confirm the transaction). Could CoinCard use WU instead?
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 10:02:12 AM

Don't they charge like 50 bucks for international transfers?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 11:55:23 AM

Don't they charge like 50 bucks for international transfers?
Yes. (I was quoted $45 for transferring $1000 from Israel to US by MoneyGram). WU is the polar opposite of CoinCard (which was about instant, cheap, easy cashout for small to medium amounts). BitcoinExchange offers cashing out bitcoins for WU.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Darth Severus

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

Western Union is expensive, it makes sense for big transfers but not for small. There is also Moneygram as alternative.
matteumayo

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 03:25:08 PM

Glad to hear you might just send it using debit cards.

I think that'll be a better long-term plan, and most people already have one.

Please update us with any new info! I'll probably not sell btc for a while, but when I do hopefully you get this working again!  Smiley
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 12:51:24 AM

Actually we could create a "Western Union" ourselves, doing e-transfers by BTC and local by cash.
Eg:

A is in US and needs to send 1000 US to B that is in China
A contacts C who deals with BTC - OR - A himself has a 1000USD worth of BTC
A/C sends the BTC to the Chinese local operator who delivers the money to B.

Alternative paths would include:

A buying 1000USD worth of BTC from C and send them to the Chinese operator

A sending BTC to B who cashes them out with the Chinese operator

This would need just a bit of organization to put forth, along with ways to contact the needed operators.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: