Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:21:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPal beta - Buying bitcoins with PayPal  (Read 170521 times)
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 06:02:45 PM

For those subscribed to this thread, I posted another thread about anti-fraud lessons learned while operating CoinPal.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nebiz

Activity: 87
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:01:27 AM

Thanks for the lessons learned thread, good tribal knowledge!

tips: 1KY4hsybyqpTdxy8nSXh3KUKRi8jeGH8Jx
coinmama

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:04:04 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 09:22:57 AM by coinmama

We at CoinMama.com also had the misfortune of having or PayPal account reviewed and frozen after a period of 2 months.
But now we're working with Western Union and MoneyGram money transfers.
This way we can allow people to buy bitcoins with a credit card since Western Union and MoneyGram offer the option of making a money transfer through a credit card or debit card (in certain countries).  
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:21:00 AM

damn necros...  Grin

This thread poped up and I am reading all those smart people saying smart things.. and thinking WTF? is it bitcointalk or am I dreaming...

-
nor9865

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:43:44 PM

I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account? Did you get your money back from them that was seized? Since they are now starting to mingle with bitcoins, I was curious if they would release funds they seized during their btc is against TOS.
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:50:20 PM

I got scammed 6k selling BTC on PayPal. Does this CoinPal guarantee insurance in case of charge back from credit card buyers?

- Mayer Amschel

Hours
nor9865

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:13:12 PM

I got scammed 6k selling BTC on PayPal. Does this CoinPal guarantee insurance in case of charge back from credit card buyers?

- Mayer Amschel

Coinpal is shut down. They seized and froze the assets due to trading currencies. I was curious if they ever got their money back now that Paypal is starting to verse with Bitcoin. Sorry you lost money on there. Maybe you will get it back one day.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 03:57:04 PM

Coinpal is shut down. They seized and froze the assets due to trading currencies. I was curious if they ever got their money back now that Paypal is starting to verse with Bitcoin. Sorry you lost money on there. Maybe you will get it back one day.

Anyone with more than two peas for a brain saw that coming from miles away.... Smiley
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 09:51:41 PM

I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account? Did you get your money back from them that was seized? Since they are now starting to mingle with bitcoins, I was curious if they would release funds they seized during their btc is against TOS.
Unless I'm missing something, the account was unfrozen long ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2555.msg595903#msg595903.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
nor9865

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:10:11 PM

Unless I'm missing something, the account was unfrozen long ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2555.msg595903#msg595903.

Thats great. Thank you very much for responding to this. I was extremely curious if Paypal would give the money back or unfreeze accounts since now they are having dealings with bitcoins.  I wonder how much money Paypal acutally had tied up with these type of accounts that were hit. Its kinda a large number I would imagine.
mndrix (OP)
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:30:13 PM

I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account?

As Meni mentioned, PayPal unfroze my account about 6 months after freezing it.  I was able to withdraw my cash at that time.

However, until last month (about 4 years after the freeze) that PayPal account was still restricted.  That is, I was unable to add or withdraw any new funds or make any transactions with that account.  Before those restrictions were lifted, I had to provide a verbal promise that I would not use the account to trade virtual currencies.  So PayPal's baby steps towards Bitcoin haven't reached the ToS department yet, apparently.
nor9865

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:36:08 PM

I'm wanting to know if they ever unfroze your account?

As Meni mentioned, PayPal unfroze my account about 6 months after freezing it.  I was able to withdraw my cash at that time.

However, until last month (about 4 years after the freeze) that PayPal account was still restricted.  That is, I was unable to add or withdraw any new funds or make any transactions with that account.  Before those restrictions were lifted, I had to provide a verbal promise that I would not use the account to trade virtual currencies.  So PayPal's baby steps towards Bitcoin haven't reached the ToS department yet, apparently.

Well it is quite a step for them to take I would imagine. Think of all the money that they froze. All the people that had interactions with because of it. I'm not saying that you was last on the list, but it was about what 2 months ago that they announced publicly that they would begin to determine if bitcoin would be a viable resource they could use? So 1 month and they did at least update your account. So, to me, that means that they must have have realistic intentions of implementing btc into their company.
AlgoSwan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:13:29 AM

You guys forgot one important thing: Paypal (a system player) can't and won't go against the system. Neither of these small steps taken by them indicates less hostility towards BTC.

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.
hasmukhh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:03:00 AM

paypal itself has become a risk for many people nowadays. many of the paypal accounts have been hacked by the hackers.
in this situation using paypal and bitcoin together will be a huge risk for yourself.
its a completely risky thing but if its secured by the hackers completely then may be you can be successful in attracting many people towards this.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:13:56 PM

paypal still the best payment processors over the world since most ebusiness use it,bitcoin is new and already got a part of the cake,besides those is hard to exchange to paypal as a user can open a fight and get back the money sent on the 60 days ahead the transaction,soo exchange to paypal currently would be a disaster since desonest people will open a dispute and take the btc as well the money back.... soo better avoid paypal....
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:34:57 AM

Hello

Took me some time to read all the page
Now I have more than one points about some questions that I already find the answers here
Thank you @mndrix

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

paypal a true myth...
Jacob211

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 08:34:38 PM

This service is great. I enxchanged paypal to bitcoin one time about 6 months ago and I got a lot of troubles because my paypal name is not the same with my real name on the identity
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:41:12 PM

10 to 20 BTC , it s big amount of money. I think you should lower the minimum purchase, 0.1 is great for all paypal users. I find difficult to buy bitcoin with paypal. Most exchanger don't accept paypal but they can sell bitcoin to paypal accout. I mean we make bitcoi to paypal balance. That 's good idea. Most internet users still use paypal as one of the biggest payment gateway.
orangecountyhotrods

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:02:36 PM

mndrix, I just realized that both you and your site developed such a good reputation you could try getting Credit scoreOrDebit card repayments. As recent occasions show, community assistance is everything and you've got earned every bit we are able to supply.Please don't give up this task
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: