Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:07:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UK GROUP BUY] ASICMiner USB Block Erupters #2 (closed & complete)  (Read 8297 times)
DennisD7

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:11:02 PM

I skipped my lunch break and went home instead. They are mining away just fine!

Proud ASIC miner and long term Bitcoin investor
OutCast3k (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 601

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 02:34:17 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 05:01:09 PM by OutCast3k

@DennisD7 Smiley Nice, where did you get the Arctic USB Fan? Everywhere I looked at had no stock, although I didn't look very hard...

@Ryhan & @acc85, The units you purchased yesterday have just been sent they will be with you tomorrow by 1PM Smiley I'll email the tracking number shortly.

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:54:37 PM

Seeing the "vdragon" EU group buy seems to have been a scam  Roll Eyes , any idea if there's going to be another UK group buy?    Thankfully I may have only lost 1.78BTC which won't take too long to replace.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:55:55 PM

Nice, where did you get the Arctic USB Fan? Everywhere I looked at had no stock, although I didn't look very hard...

If you had asked me  Wink

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
DennisD7

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:56:58 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 03:20:14 PM by DennisD7

@DennisD7 Smiley Nice, where did you get the Arctic USB Fan? Everywhere I looked at had no stock, although I didn't look very hard...

I found it on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003XN24GY - and bought two, mostly to cool myself down last week but this is a great use too.

Edit: they were much cheaper than this link when I bought them, so it might be worth snooping around for a good price.

Proud ASIC miner and long term Bitcoin investor
wilsong

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:41:15 PM

Received just fine, ty to OutCast3k and YXT!
OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 05:07:51 PM

Nice, where did you get the Arctic USB Fan? Everywhere I looked at had no stock, although I didn't look very hard...

D'oh! I will remember next time I order Smiley

Seeing the "vdragon" EU group buy seems to have been a scam  Roll Eyes , any idea if there's going to be another UK group buy?    Thankfully I may have only lost 1.78BTC which won't take too long to replace.

I can run another group buy If you and others are interested?

---

Glad to see everyone received their miners Smiley

Happy Hashing!

coinb.in - Open Source, Multi Signature, HD Wallet and more! | Donate: 33tht1bKDgZVxb39MnZsWa8oxHXHvUYE4G
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:27:52 PM

I certainly will be, but it'll be a little while before I replace the BTC lost to the other GB.
acc85

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:30:40 PM

Reveived my Block erupters today.. hashing my life away.. ah joys of life Tongue

Donation Addresses:
Bitcoin: 1K1W8eUyuFvX33KYCFYRgDVU8XXkNrh9hW
LiteCoin: LRHg4DqnMGK74wPpN3Y2mgmi1ZMXbWUGkc
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:51:57 PM

Seeing the "vdragon" EU group buy seems to have been a scam  Roll Eyes , any idea if there's going to be another UK group buy?    Thankfully I may have only lost 1.78BTC which won't take too long to replace.

I certainly will be, but it'll be a little while before I replace the BTC lost to the other GB.

Sorry to hear about that crappy GB HellDiverUK - he took a lot of UK people's coins.

No such story here happily - OC came through twice now with style.

donations not accepted
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

Received this morning as expected, all hashing away nicely. Feedback left (hope I've done it properly).

jml

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

Or you can fashion yourself one using a 120mm regular fan using a 12V regulated PSU at 500mA. Its way cheaper than paying £15 a fan.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
johncabat

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:21:35 PM

Anyone here seen this yet?  We all been busy playing with our new miners lol
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261797.0

Does it say what I think it says?  Cheesy  Tongue
Just a rumour though, doesn't stop me dreaming we might qualify if true though...
jml

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:50:11 PM

Anyone here seen this yet?  We all been busy playing with our new miners lol

Does it say what I think it says?  Cheesy  Tongue
Just a rumour though, doesn't stop me dreaming we might qualify if true though...

I read the same as you. Friedcat is offering previous buyers 0.1BTC for each stick bought.

OutCast3k (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 07:57:18 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 08:37:41 PM by OutCast3k

Anyone here seen this yet?  We all been busy playing with our new miners lol

Does it say what I think it says?  Cheesy  Tongue

I asked yxt and he asked friedcat... no reply from friedcat yet...

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here, as its a rumour, but If it turns out to be true and I get the discount directed towards me I will pass it on to everyone in this and the previous group buy obviously. Don't panic Smiley lol

*Edit* The way I'm reading it is, for every miner brought you can buy another for 0.10 btc, after that its 0.60 btc, surely that'll be a pain to work out for the "offical" resellers? lol

*Edit* Thanks everyone for all the kind words, glad you're all happy!

qukkM

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:17:39 PM

i will take the "cashback" deal if it is offered, but godamn they fucked everyone (except AM and AM shareholders) over with these.

The first batch are sold for 2BTC each, more by the time GB fees, shipping, import duty etc are all added on. in yxt original GB they were 2.47BTC.

At that price the ROI was deemed to be about 1-2 years.

Those units were barely in and running and the price drop was announced. So those early adopters get screwed twice, once on the price and secondly on the resulting difficulty increase that would accompany the next round of purchases.

So those got delivered and now the second group look likely to get fucked by a new price drop and even higher difficulty down the road due to the next round of sales. meanwhile many people who bought in at 2btc are just greasing up incase friedcat wants to fuck them again.

edit: just re-read outcasts last post, so it is not a cashback deal, you just get to buy more of the units for less, well fuck it, in for a satoshi in for a bitcoin, where do i sign up for my 44 units?

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:23:08 PM

This https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254358.0;all group buy closed with too few customers, but the product looks interesting.

It's faster and cheaper than the Block Eruptors. I thought I'd order a couple, but perhaps a group buy would be of interest?

hotwired007

Activity: 585

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:25:34 PM

Recieved mine and now they're hashing away merrily... (after some COM port issues Sad)

Going back to fans - I've tried 3 different types -

a) i bought a USB notbook cooler from poundland - no issues at all - works fine - least airflow - now i have 5 miners i wanted something with a bit of grunt...

b) i also bought some REALLY cheap chinese fans with fabric blades - they work really well BUT get very hot - the motor on one burnt out before i realised and now need to make a few modifications (drill lots of holes i suspect) and the other the plastic casing has broken so that the motor and fan comes out of the holder - for £2.08 delivered (for two) i couldn't grumble but after contacting the seller i have been given a full refund and i get to keep the fans Cheesy

c) I bought a £3.99 USB desktop fan (QD and BnM) and its now blowing down over my miners nicely although i need to position it so that there is more airflow downwards.

My PC case has 3 USB ports at the top of the case (one miner) and a 8 port USB hub in the 3.5" floppy bay (plugged into motherboard header and powered from PSU (molex) with 4 miners running from this and a fan.

Hmm new miners: Sounds great - regreting buying my first two @ 4.2BTC though Sad spent 7.4BTC on 5 miners so far and earned less than 0.8BTC back...

K1 GB - might be worth a try too - doesn't hurt to have a few different brands of mining product on the go Wink my PC currently producing BTC, LTC and FTC Cheesy (reduces the overall running costs although it does create a SPoF Cry)

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
jml

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

This https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254358.0;all group buy closed with too few customers, but the product looks interesting.

It's faster and cheaper than the Block Eruptors. I thought I'd order a couple, but perhaps a group buy would be of interest?

I have had PM's over this and I thought it to be too suspicious - cheaper, more units and more power. First I would like to see if it is mature enough to be in the wild. Otherwise I would reinvest somewhere else.

qukkM

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:48:46 PM

if AM does drop the price to 0.6btc those k1 nano units will never sell, they are only really in pre-production, by the time they get to a shipped product the cheaper BE will be available, even without the price drop, at 1btc they will sell enough BEs before the nano becomes available.

the bitfury 4gh is going to be the main BE competitor I think

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: