Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:40:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Case Design for Bitfury Hboard/Mboard Miners  (Read 22042 times)
Foofighter (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:22:55 PM

Hey guys,

just managed it to finish all drawings of the open case design, will send these to a few manufacturers tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can continue the work on the rack housing in the evening. I will then also answer all requests regarding the rack case.

BR
Foofighter

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
A Meteorite

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 07:48:03 AM

Do you have any idea how much a case would run yet?

Both are nice cases, though it'd be nice if a top cover could be done (possibly optional, screw in?).

BTC: 1MeTeorfxZNsY6gJDBtrF8JA8KEv6SKGUmLTC: Lejxgou6hUkjupF6RoruxJGG9AQ7t3ovYt
Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:53:48 AM

no idea yet, the rack case will have a cover, dont know about the other yet, wouldnt be possible to add a possibillity for it at current design.

It would be necessary to change the design and add 3 additional fans to the open design to still have a good airflow.

Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:51:52 PM

still working hard on this project, i also checked a fex heat sink solutions, news will come latest by end of next week.

regards

darkfriend77

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:06:59 PM

Does your custom case will include a PSU option ?

Any idear about the price?

Anything else that is needed apart of ...

- Master board
- Hashing board with 16 Bitfury 55nm ASIC chips
- Raspberry Pi Model B with SD card and software preinstalled
- 2 x Ring terminal to Molex-Jr adapter cable

- Custom Case by "Foofighter"
- PSU

to have the device ready ... ?

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
KIDC

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:04:39 AM

This may seem paranoid, but I would suggest removing the "Bitfury 400GH Miner" marking from the case. If you're going to host this with a third party then you may not want to advertise to the world its intended function/purpose.

I am definitely interested in this case. This would also be a concern of mine too.

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2013, 03:17:05 AM

- Master board

- PSU

Nope, that is all you need.

Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

Hey guys,
as iam going on vacation by tomorow the next update will come on Thursday th 25th.

BR
Foofighter

cet

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 01:26:37 AM

- Master board

- PSU

depending on how the rPI gets attached and how the m-board is mounted in the case you may need a GPIO cable -
something like: http://www.adafruit.com/products/862
jflowers

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:29:22 AM

Case looks great!

And I'm interested in this project.

Also, and this is probably very important in order to get a better idea of interest, it may be useful to post a throw away email for people to state their interest.  I've been reading posts on this forum for a month or two; however, I did not have posting privileges until just now (and I've spent the better part of today to get those rights.) 

So I'm sure there are a ton of people that are in the same boat as I was, wanting to express their interest - but unable to do so.  Time's of the greatest importance, as I'm sure all would agree, so the quicker you know the correct interest levels and people know when they could expect the unit the better.

Cheers.
pbigmoon

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:36:40 PM

I'm also very interested in this case.
jc328

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:10:42 PM

This may seem paranoid, but I would suggest removing the "Bitfury 400GH Miner" marking from the case. If you're going to host this with a third party then you may not want to advertise to the world its intended function/purpose.

I am definitely interested in this case. This would also be a concern of mine too.

Great work so far.  Just thought I would mention my interest along with all the others.  Hope you can manage to ship these along the same timeline of the August Bitfury Release.

I also concur regarding removing the labeling, as making this device as discreet as possible would be prudent.  Perhaps a simple logo would be best.  As far as the case, I would prefer closed, making it look like a standard server, easy to stack or rack up,  while providing a bit more protection.  Those who want it open air would simply remove it.

-JC

Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:45:23 PM

Hey guys,

just arrived back from my vacation, as there are many misunderstandings here, i want to clear one thing up.

It was never my intention to sell casings or other stuff commercially here, my goal was to provide a design to the community and make a clear cost evaluation to keep all transparent. Any reseller is welcome to pick up my design and produce it for the community here. Which means Iam open to lease/sell or license my design, if any reseller is interested please contact me to discuss this matter in detail.

What i will probably do is building prototypes and maybe sell some prototypes of, but this will only be on a private to private basis.

BR
Foofighter

pbigmoon

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:41:05 PM

Hey guys,

just arrived back from my vacation, as there are many misunderstandings here, i want to clear one thing up.

It was never my intention to sell casings or other stuff commercially here, my goal was to provide a design to the community and make a clear cost evaluation to keep all transparent. Any reseller is welcome to pick up my design and produce it for the community here. Which means Iam open to lease/sell or license my design, if any reseller is interested please contact me to discuss this matter in detail.

What i will probably do is building prototypes and maybe sell some prototypes of, but this will only be on a private to private basis.

BR
Foofighter

If you do build some prototypes will anyone be able to buy one or only those interested in leasing/buying your design?
Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:06:25 PM

lets see if i can get the housing build at competitive costs first, this is the most important factor here, and low quantity means very expensive.

Depending on the costs i will built a few prototypes and will propably auction one or two to compensate my time investment and costs.

Pinwheel

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:30:23 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2013, 08:43:58 PM by Pinwheel

some idea of professional case here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147164

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 06:39:49 PM

Hey guys,

its gotten a bit silent here lately, as the open design is finished as it is in my opinion I will shortly give out the prototype order for it.
The Rack case will be developed further with a reselling partner and i will show you the final design if everything works out fine.

As mentioned I will produce a few prototypes and are willing to sell some off, this is no business for me because i would only charge as much to cover my costs, so consider it more like a small GP.
The smaller parts for the open cases are already ordered and i hope to provide some final price until mid/end of next week. Final prototype could be ready by mid/end of august if everything works out.

At the moment I cannot provide further infos regarding the rack design.

Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing an open case per PM.

Best regards
Foofighter

Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:27:35 PM

Hey folks,

Regarding the open case design:

Lately i put a lot of time into this project and spend nearly every evening in planning and getting offers from companies and calulating stuff, sourcing parts and so on. Finally i can tell you now that all parts which will be included in the prototype run are ordered and a few have also just arived at my place.
So just to let you know what will be included, that will be all necessary parts to mount the full 16 Hboard in 1 mboard, all screws and mounting standoffs, gpio cable, power cable for raspi to molex, rubber feets, fan grill and wire straps for cable management, basicly like the picture in the thread but without hardware Wink. Unfortunatly i cannot provide the 3 - 120mm Fans for the cases, just couldnt find a proper source for getting a good price at these, maybe i could provide 1 fan per housing as a bonus but lets see about that.

To come straight to the point, the price for an open case prototype will be 168,85 EUR without shipping.(Iam located in Europe, Austria, Vienna -- to calculate your shipping)
I will charge the casing price now and the shipping price before delivery if you are interested in purchasing one, please take into account that the case is quite big and the shipping costs could also be a bit expensive. (shipping box size estimated 700x300x250mm - weight is estimated to be 3,5-5kg with all accessories).

Accepted payments are:
bank transfer
paypal
BTC

Shipping cost estimations: (insuranced shipping and trackable)
Austria: 10 EUR
Europe: 20-30 EUR
USA Mainland: 40 EUR[/b]

Outgoing Lead time:estimated for week 1 or 2 of September Sad
Unfortunatly this is very much depending on the sheet metal manufacturer, but there is only a small change to deliver these units still in august.

I hope this works out and you will continue to support me with making an order for a case.

If you got any question dont hesitate to ask.

Currently i have 8 cases left to offer

Please note this is no commercial sale, this is my private prototype run and Iam willing to produce a few more for the community here, but I cannot give you any guarantees or warrantys on the product.

BR
Foofighter

cimpex

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:46:45 PM

post some pics please. thanks!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Foofighter (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:03:07 PM

post some pics please. thanks!

There are no pics, because its not produced right now, will probably look like open design in OP

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: