Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashflare.io SCAM WARNING: Takes BTC, Provides Nothing, Doesnt Reply  (Read 733 times)
yavin5 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:16:16 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 05:06:33 PM by yavin5

UPDATE: MY OWN PAYMENT WAS ULTIMATELY CREDITED BY HASHFLARE, AND I HAVE GIVEN THEM POSITIVE TRUST FEEDBACK NOW.  Others are replying below about their own payment experience with Hashflare.

Story: I attempted to purchase hashing capacity on the Hashflare.io web site, paid for it with BTC, and my order on the Hashflare web site stays in "Pending" state (as of right now more than 8 days later).  Even though I have used their "Contact Us" feature of their web site to open a ticket about it, which is also the only way I can see to contact them at all, I have received no replies from them at all.  UPDATE: They finally responded 10 days later and accepted my payment.

Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514754

Reference Link: https://hashflare.io
Amount Scammed: 0.06110000 BTC
Payment Method: Bitcoin
PM/Chat Logs: None because Hashflare doesn't offer any way to chat with them!  UPDATE: They could certainly improve on this, but they apparently do eventually handle every support request via email, just agonizingly slowly.
Additional Notes: I attempted to contact anyone there a few times, via email, and I have simply been ignored.  My BTC is gone and I know that Hashflare received it (see the blockchain.info link).  This is apparently what they do to new "customers", they take us through several steps on their web site to buy hashrate, give a BTC receive address, and then once the BTC is transferred they simply keep it, providing nothing at all, and then they don't reply to any support requests.  The excuse is that they're too busy to bother.  UPDATE: They finally did handle it.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:10:29 AM

This is a sticky situation to be in. I mean if they don't respond to your support tickets then there is really no other way of communicating with them. Even though i would consider hash flare a very dodgy business anyways, are you sure that your bitcoin transaction was sent to the right address?

Because this is one of a kind sort of complaint. Every single complaint against them is about the payouts/degradation of contract, but none of the complaints i've heard up to this point is about the buying of contract not working.

Hopefully you sort this out, but even if you do i have to let you know that there is very little in investing in cloud mining.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:31:35 AM

It's obviously a scam mate i don't get it how is it that you all are not even able to see signs from the site itself.

Here are some of those :

The above are screenshots i received a month ago you might say nothing is wrong but they have mentioned that by this much time you will get this much amount of return.

So what's wrong???

Well mining returns will differ depending on the mining difficulty so how is it possible that then can guess a certain amount of profit and even the time of it's occurrence doesn't all these not give you a idea at all.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:16:56 PM

There are many reports of Hashflare/Hashcoins scamming miners over the years & all of them are true. Do a search on this forum for "Hashcoins scam", "Hashflare scam", "Polybius scam" or Emercoin scam" & you will find a wealth of info/proof.

All cloudmining is a either a scam, a ponzi, a rip-off or all three. Hashcoins are Hashflare are Polybius are Emercoin who are are the same group of scammers & are responsible for selling vapourware miners (Hashcoins), keeping them for themselves to start Hashflare then organizing scam ICO's (Polybius being the latest) to rip off even more people before abandoning them (again).

Don't get suckered into cloudmining & don't touch anything involving Hashcoins/Hashflare/Polybius/Emercoin.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
yavin5 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:43:59 PM

... Even though i would consider hash flare a very dodgy business anyways, are you sure that your bitcoin transaction was sent to the right address?

I use extreme caution when copying the receive address and making a BTC transfer.  I checked it over more than once before sending it.  It is the correct receive address that went to Hashflare, and the BTC is now in their possession.

It has now been 9 days and I have had zero response from Hashflare .. so far this is a theft.
zipke17

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:06:04 AM

I'm in the same situation, sent BTC but haven't received my hashrate. Says timeout on my order, I have contacted support no reply so far been 3 days, please keep me updated
commenkiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:58:56 AM

got scammed too .. paid for 1.6th after 1 week no reply from them.
damn

people still blindly support them in thread, should have done more research
yavin5 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:59:32 PM

UPDATE:

Hashflare has now given me credit for my payment.  So in my case, they turned out to be very slow, but trustable.

After a full 10 days of wondering.. I received my first ever email communication from someone at Hashflare, apologizing for the delay, and saying that they've accepted my payment for hashrate:

Sorry for the long time it took to respond to your message.

Your purchase ID: 4843891 was not confirmed as it is only partially paid: we received 0.0591 BTC out of 0.0611 BTC total.

We have confirmed your purchase manually and added 4.74 TH/s SHA-256 accordingly.

Please don't forget about your wallet's commission in the future (we recommend checking the exact commission with your wallet provider).

Okay, yes, that apparently did happen.  Now that I look at the blockchain transaction, that's something I hadn't noticed, that the amount transferred went lower, without my being notified nor warned about it by the exchange I transferred it from.  So, don't do that!  But, hanging for ten days wondering if they were deliberately not answering looks very bad.  But now it's fixed, so they may need a lot more extra time right now than even patient customers would expect!  I have just removed my negative feedback on Hashflare's profile here, and updated it with positive feedback.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=514754

Everyone: please update us with what happened with your payments!
commenkiz

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:30:35 AM

UPDATE:

Hashflare has now given me credit for my payment.  So in my case, they turned out to be very slow, but trustable.

After a full 10 days of wondering.. I received my first ever email communication from someone at Hashflare, apologizing for the delay, and saying that they've accepted my payment for hashrate:

Your purchase ID: 4843891 was not confirmed as it is only partially paid: we received 0.0591 BTC out of 0.0611 BTC total.

We have confirmed your purchase manually and added 4.74 TH/s SHA-256 accordingly.

Please don't forget about your wallet's commission in the future (we recommend checking the exact commission with your wallet provider).

Okay, yes, that apparently did happen.  Now that I look at the blockchain transaction, that's something I hadn't noticed, that the amount transferred went lower, without my being notified nor warned about it by the exchange I transferred it from.  So, don't do that!  But, hanging for ten days wondering if they were deliberately not answering looks very bad.  But now it's fixed, so they may need a lot more extra time right now than even patient customers would expect!  I have just removed my negative feedback on Hashflare's profile here, and updated it with positive feedback.

when did u submit the support email ? 10 day ago ?

i sent the ticket around  7 day ago .. meaning i need to wait 3 day more.
zipke17

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:30:36 AM

UPDATE:

when did u submit the support email ? 10 day ago ?

i sent the ticket around  7 day ago .. meaning i need to wait 3 day more.

Please keep me updated I'm in the same situation and I submitted my ticket on dec 7th.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:02:35 AM

... Even though i would consider hash flare a very dodgy business anyways, are you sure that your bitcoin transaction was sent to the right address?

I use extreme caution when copying the receive address and making a BTC transfer.  I checked it over more than once before sending it.  It is the correct receive address that went to Hashflare, and the BTC is now in their possession.

It has now been 9 days and I have had zero response from Hashflare .. so far this is a theft.

If that's the case then it's definitely just misappropriating your money. Probably earning nice interest somewhere in their account as well which really sucks because you could have alerady been starting to use those funds for something else.

But anyways, hopefully they do get back to you. They've made a series of changes to their cloud mining site recently so that means that they aren't just inactive. They are active and well, but they don't seem to be responding.

Hopefully you do get your money back as i said.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:08:10 AM

i think afther all this stories about cloud mining scams all users must understand with btc and other coins growing temps more and more mining companies will lie as they see can be  milioners at once.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

wizardchicken

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 07:07:26 AM

I bought 100 TH/s on hashflare 24 hours ago but nothing credited yet and status is shown in hashflare as 'pending'.  0.9 btc sent to the correct address now with 142 confirmations. 

Order number. #5533634.  Fingers crossed it comes through once they read my support ticket.  Cry
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:42:39 AM

I bought 100 TH/s on hashflare 24 hours ago but nothing credited yet and status is shown in hashflare as 'pending'.  0.9 btc sent to the correct address now with 142 confirmations. 

Order number. #5533634.  Fingers crossed it comes through once they read my support ticket.  Cry

If your case is similar to OP's it seems like you'll get yours credited eventually, but you just need some patience.

Not sure why you would invest 0.9 BTC into cloud mining, especially with a site that might not even be legitimately mining with the invested funds of the customers. They may already be having issues with paying out people considering the amount of trouble they've had previously that had to be tamed by scamming customers and increasing minimum withdrawal for no reason.

Just keep your BTC, you'll probably make more than if you invested.

Smiley
wizardchicken

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:40:02 AM

If your case is similar to OP's it seems like you'll get yours credited eventually, but you just need some patience.

Not sure why you would invest 0.9 BTC into cloud mining, especially with a site that might not even be legitimately mining with the invested funds of the customers. They may already be having issues with paying out people considering the amount of trouble they've had previously that had to be tamed by scamming customers and increasing minimum withdrawal for no reason.

Just keep your BTC, you'll probably make more than if you invested.

You might be right.  I do hope it gets credited eventually.  The calculations on 100 TH/s work out very well with the current difficulty and price but as you say actually getting the hashing power credited and being able to withdraw is a big part of it.  I tried running some S9's from home but the electricity costs in the UK are not economical enough, and they are too noisy, even in a detached house.

I do like the idea of mining though rather than just holding, but we shall see. 
alonsa_quixano

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:36:40 PM

I'm in the same boat, made my payment 4 days ago, confirmed through blockchain, and still showing "pending" on their site

Hashflare offers a service people want, but their systems are not at the point where they can offer this service to the volume of customers that want it.

As a result you get  18,000 emails  and support tickets.  Their systems are creating issues, those issues cause customers to create tickets.

As a customer creating a ticket is the only recourse we have, so as much as I sympathize with their plight of having so many tickets, they are responsible for them being created.

There is also no phone line, chat, tech support of any kind. The message to Hashflare is this: how about just fix things so we don't need to create the tickets to begin with.

People don't create support tickets when something works properly! Stop the bullshit excuses.

Meanwhile I am lost somewhere among those 18,000 tickets, with my investment in limbo,  and opportunity cost getting bigger and bigger.

FIX THE PROBLEM HASHFLARE--WE WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY!
commenkiz

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:36:16 PM

fixed my problem in 10 days.
wizardchicken

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:50:00 PM

fixed my problem in 10 days.

10 days seems to be the magic number I have seen on here, Reddit, and Twitter from users that have bought 100TH/s.  I've got 5 days left on that basis, I'll report back here once my hash power comes through..
bizdev

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

Big fan of P2PS, the future of altcoins.

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:59:30 PM

Ten days is way too long a wait for anything especially when it is a digital purchase. I came here looking for some solutions to my own problems and seeing all that you are going through, and based on some opinions of some having bad experiences, I would certainly not think of putting my money into cloud mining. Thank you.

leparty

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

Indeed, in my experience, they needed 20 days to respond, and even then they failed to respond to any of my questions. I took one year contract, which at the beginning promised good profit and more than 0.05 bitcoin, now it fell under 0.04, so they basically force you to take another one year contract, and who knows how much they shall higher the bitcoin withdrawal then?! Totally untransparent, limiting on scam
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: