Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:23:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuggets Launching: Coin Graphics  (Read 2201 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 11:29:19 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 11:56:54 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Ok, the miners coin (Nuggets) is close to ready for launch.  I just paid and the programming is on its way including the VGB Protocol.

I'm considering 5% premine for bounties, rewards, etc since everyone one was flipping out about 10%. This 5% would be in a public wallet so what do you say? That leaves 94% for miners.

If people are against the 5% then I'll shut it down, no big deal so let your opinion known. Without this 5% there will be no coins, no money for any bounties or awards, etc.

Now, I need some graphics coin for Nuggets for the client so it can look legit.

Can Anybody here slap together a Nugget coin?  

I'm thinking an old timer look, maybe a gold coin with some nuggets on one side and some old classic cowboy miners on the flip side or the lady, blind justice with holding a sword and scales.  But be creative and let's get something today cause the coin will be done soon.

Thanks!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:38:29 PM

I know it's not useful, but I've always loved this coin
good luck with your release  Smiley

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 11:41:25 PM

I know it's not useful, but I've always loved this coin
good luck with your release  Smiley

That's exactly what I had in mind.  Is that open domain? 

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

Maybe in the opposite side the blind justice blindfolded woman with the equal scales symbolizing a fair coin for everyone. That's open domain.

ohiwastedmylif

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2013, 11:46:31 PM

MΣC | MAvSLa1ZYpk3AsDeqj9njfVkaunJRDu2VZ
http://www.megacoin.co.nz/
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2013, 11:57:47 PM

Ahahaaaaaaa.  Chicken nuggets.  That's so funny.

Zas

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:48:27 AM

How about you allow miners to donate instead? That way you're not taking up premine and bounties still get paid. It should be down to the community to pick up the slack. As you've pointed out before, if Nugget doesn't achieve at least that much, was it worth launching in the first place?
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:50:27 AM

5% is way too much.

So lets say on the low end the coin has 21M coins (like BTC), 5% of that would be 1,050,000 coins.

For the high end, say 300M coins that would be 15 MILLION coins.

A fair pre-mine would be about 0.1% to 0.3% in my opinion (that's 1/10th of a percent to 3/10th of a percent).

Just sayin. And there's no reason to put it in a public wallet, how is that going to work out? Who controls it? Bad idea in my opinion. Just mine the first block and distribute the coins yourself, much easier.

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:54:10 AM

Maybe in the opposite side the blind justice blindfolded woman with the equal scales symbolizing a fair coin for everyone. That's open domain.
Should it also have a picture of you removing your 11% (or whatever it is now) from the scales while she's not looking?
tsrock5000

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:58:25 AM

I would recommend not pre mining personally I dont mind a little for things like that but when people see premined they immediately flip out and assume its a pump and dump. Just go with out because people are very much turned off by premined. Good luck with your coin make sure to have a mac binary that works (would be very very much appreciated) and Im looking forward to your coin:D
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:11:53 AM

Although I think 5% is a little much, I support a premine for bounties and such. Keep a couple coins for yourself too (but don't be greedy).

Too many people are bitching that I should pay out all the bounties while shouting 1% is too much.

Enough is enough.  I talked to the programmer who has a great rep and he said 5% will be put in a public wallet and EVERY SINGLE COIN will go to you guys in way of bounties, awards, etc, and because I'm paying for this launch and will be here full-time my share is just 1%.

So the miners get 94% plus another 5% coming back at you.

And as a bonus wait until I unveil the VGB protocol, miners will love it.  That's your bonus - this protocol will be what makes this coin a miner's coin.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:16:28 AM

5% is way too much.

So lets say on the low end the coin has 21M coins (like BTC), 5% of that would be 1,050,000 coins.

For the high end, say 300M coins that would be 15 MILLION coins.

A fair pre-mine would be about 0.1% to 0.3% in my opinion (that's 1/10th of a percent to 3/10th of a percent).

Just sayin. And there's no reason to put it in a public wallet, how is that going to work out? Who controls it? Bad idea in my opinion. Just mine the first block and distribute the coins yourself, much easier.

What do you mean?  How will you guys hold me accountable if I don't put it in a public wallet?  I don't wanna hear crap that I took that 5%.

You guys tell me where to put the 5% premine and I'll do it in the best way possible so you guys know it goes to bounties and whatever you guys want.  That 5% premine belongs to you guys, you do with it as you please.

I've been asking for 3 days now and we can't seem to reach a single consensus - nothing but extremists here.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:17:55 AM

If you really want this to go well for your launch you should stop telling us to wait until its launched  to announce your big changes. Its going to get stolen after you launch it anyway if its that groundbreaking. Having everyone know what to expect is going to get you a lot more attention than just saying you have a secret to success.

Also if you want this to be a fair launch, an accurate launch time with a pre-announcement of exact launch time is a must. Otherwise people will cry about it being unfair

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:24:29 AM

And as a bonus wait until I unveil the VGB protocol, miners will love it.  That's your bonus - this protocol will be what makes this coin a miner's coin.
Just to be sure, this was the feature that will make the coin reward small miners proportionally more than large miners, while magically making sure big miners don't pretend to be many small miners? Sounds like easy profits for any big miners that trivially subvert it.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:24:54 AM

Should it also have a picture of you removing your 11% (or whatever it is now) from the scales while she's not looking?

Ahahaaaaa.'

I tried over the last 3 days to avoid a premine but after going back and forth it seems that's the only feasible way.  Talk to the programmer and ask him how hard I pushed for no premine.

Look it's 5% premine and my 1%.

Many, many coins are getting way more via other schemes.  I will give away these 5% coins in a heart beat to bounties and whatever else you guys want.

I have gone to Scrypt, I chose the name you wanted, I've done everything you guys wanted but I can not get paid a paltry 1% and then expect me to pay to support this coin and work 12 hours per day here too.

The 5% is for this coin, it's for you guys. You dictate where you want it to go and I'll do it.

Keep tabs of every coin I hand out and you will see not one single coin will go in my pocket.  I have been honest so Far and I've done what was best for the miners so here is where you have to trust me just one bit.  Give me just a few days to prove to you this is not a pump and dump coin and I have only good intentions.

Just give me one chance to prove it cause I haven't let you guys down yet.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:26:17 AM

No premine! 

Why would I want to mine NUGs if you already have a stockpile that you are sitting on?

I don't think you can say this is a coin for miners if you already have premined 5% of the coin...

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 04:28:48 AM

Another pointless copy-paste coin with no purpose then for OP to instamine and dump on cryptsy or some other joke-exchange for some fast BTC. Damn, Primecoin has all the GPU miners shitting their pants looking for a way to earn a few bucks with some new shitcoin.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:30:08 AM

Just to be sure, this was the feature that will make the coin reward small miners proportionally more than large miners, while magically making sure big miners don't pretend to be many small miners? Sounds like easy profits for any big miners that trivially subvert it.

I've said it before, there's no way to subvert this protocol.  No way for the big guy to scam the little guy.  You guys don't get it cause you're not finance guys you're computer guys so your mind is on tech stuff.

Even the programmer when I told him he said: oh, that's cool, man.  So I'm glad to hear that.

So just give it a chance don't flip out at the 5% premine.  Most coins use schemes to get way more coins.  IxCoin got 20% and many others much more.

5% is not much and I promise you guys I will convince you beyond a doubt that every coin will go back to you guys.  I will leave no doubt in any of your minds.  I give you my word and I have yet to lie to you guys so please just give me the benefit of the doubt, just for a few days and watch how fast and furious I'll unload those coins to all of you.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:31:18 AM

No premine! 

Why would I want to mine NUGs if you already have a stockpile that you are sitting on?

I don't think you can say this is a coin for miners if you already have premined 5% of the coin...

Plus his personal 1%

Let's say there are 50 millions coins total. That's 500,000 just for the devs pocket because he only has a small mining operation and can't keep up with us lol

Not gonna touch this one, I'm afraid, doesn't matter how revolutionary its supposed to be

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 04:33:50 AM

No premine!  

If you guys want i will dump those coins, all of them on you guys in the first week.  Every coin.

Can you guys not see I'm not the regular dev?

I will do anything you want with that 5% premine.  Name it and ill do it.

How can I give people bounties?  How can we develop this coin faster if there's no coins to hand out?

I left it up to you guys and all your answers were I should pay for it out of a lousy 1%.  Lets get real.

And look at all the other coins, clever schemes which yield devs way more than 5%.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: