Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond DMD - new PoW/PoS coin | Super random blocks | Only 4.38 mil total  (Read 116343 times)
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

The daemon is giving me errors after I submit a few blocks, and will no longer accept blocks.

It says this:

ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock

******* exception encountered *******
./diamondd[0x819be1c]
./diamondd[0x8065291]
./diamondd[0x8068bcd]
./diamondd[0x8157840]
./diamondd[0x814f1c4]
./diamondd[0x811b2c9]
./diamondd[0x811f11e]
/usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.48.0(+0xb1cc)[0xb76b71cc]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/tls/i686/nosegneg/libpthread.so.0(+0x6d4c)[0xb72e1d4c]
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/tls/i686/nosegneg/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e)[0xb70f1dde]

Anyone else having this issue?

any solutions on this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:17:36 PM

I saw this in another pos coin, and I did a resync from scratch, and it seems working fine afterwards.

The pos coin has problems (all of them I think), once you keep a wallet for too long, which has too many transactions (especially a lot pos transactions auto-generated as long as you leave your wallet open), then the wallet tends to be stuck, or behave weirdly (like limit transaction amount, charge big fee etc). In which case I usually create a new wallet, and transfer all to the new wallet, it will be ok.

The best is not to keep pos coins, dump them after mined.

Smiley
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:31:41 PM

its neither its a rejected block

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:13:30 PM

BTCodiii! ~how are you doing mate? what are your thoughts on /\$DMD?  Cool *you have a pool going on this one too? >>much thanks!
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:49:09 AM

a rejected block won't cause any problem, there are rejected blocks all the time. But sometimes the wallet sync aborted, because of the exceptions like this, and I am telling you how to get around of it.

DMD blockchain is fine, there's nothing wrong with it.

Smiley
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:18:11 AM

a rejected block won't cause any problem, there are rejected blocks all the time. But sometimes the wallet sync aborted, because of the exceptions like this, and I am telling you how to get around of it.

DMD blockchain is fine, there's nothing wrong with it.

we disabled the stake, but that doesnt help
vgold

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I Mine

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:17:00 AM

Seriously guys let this die.  It was a joke coin to start with.

Well even if it was a joke for somebody people all around the world has spent money, time and hope to mine this coin.

It's imperative that all that effort isn't waste.

The markets around are still active for example see below link:
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/72

The price is nice so there's no reason to drop and make it die.

It would be as finding a bar of gold that was in mud and throw it away because it's not clean.

WTF???

Let's take a little bit of care about that coin and let's get some business from it.

Theer's no client available so if anybody provide me with a working and secure client I'll provide a download hosting from where to download it, just to keep that coin going and evolve.

I'll alos provide a perpetual node to be able to block chain evolve and transactions can be executed.

WHY to make it live instead of let it die??
Because it need a revision, the community must take on the coin and make it secure and let it spread and evolve.

Any crypto currency who is let to die is a community damage and an infinite waste for crypto currency industry future.

Even if we know very well what means economic monopoly and we live GLOBALY every day we are starting to ACT as those fat, tied old fashioned business people that are limiting humanity with little peaces of colored paper with zeroes printed on them.

In real world somebody mine gold, somebody mine alumina, I'll be happy to mine iron and sell it at train wagon scale Smiley.

Hope to find a client and PLEASE contribute to community.

haightst

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:22:38 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2013, 11:34:32 AM by haightst

Seriously guys let this die.  It was a joke coin to start with.

Well even if it was a joke for somebody people all around the world has spent money, time and hope to mine this coin.

It's imperative that all that effort isn't waste.

The markets around are still active for example see below link:
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/72

The price is nice so there's no reason to drop and make it die.

It would be as finding a bar of gold that was in mud and throw it away because it's not clean.

WTF???

Let's take a little bit of care about that coin and let's get some business from it.

Theer's no client available so if anybody provide me with a working and secure client I'll provide a download hosting from where to download it, just to keep that coin going and evolve.

I'll alos provide a perpetual node to be able to block chain evolve and transactions can be executed.

WHY to make it live instead of let it die??
Because it need a revision, the community must take on the coin and make it secure and let it spread and evolve.

Any crypto currency who is let to die is a community damage and an infinite waste for crypto currency industry future.

Somebody mine gold, somebody mine alumina, I'll be happy to mine iron and sell it at train wagon scale Smiley.

Hope to find a client and PLEASE contribute to community.

$DMD >> EMD >> RBD(Rubies?)??_ _ _  Wink hmmm ~ you see where this thread is /\heading?

http://xpopress.com/QZ-show-schedule.html
vgold

I Mine

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:37:41 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean.

But this is a vision of a miner not of the next step of the crypto market and industry where traders will need something to trade.

BTC is well know, but if I can make BTC or money with XXC or ZZC I simply don't care about, because as a trader I can trade more so make more money and we are ALL HERE for this reason not for wasting energy for joy.

I'm a miner and I know well how hard is to decide what to mine, but whan I approce to the market I find Cryptsy A LOT MORE INTERESTING than trading just BTC and LTC.

I'm not the only one, ther's 12K users on cryptsy and counting, so, lets' put down some statistics and make try to AT LEAST define a PESIMISTIC line of crypto coin evolution and you will see that more we have to trade and more of us are willing to trade all of us will earn it's peace of Crypto Currency Pie.

Crypto Currency is a humanity chance to unslave itself from banks and speculators who are fool of greed and thanks to that are wasting our lifes to get our money and money menas time and time means LIFE.

So if there's anybody who will be willing to create the RBC well I'll mine and trade it as BTC and LTC, they are only tags after a decimal number, that's all.

It would be as you have a grocery store but you are not selling tomatoes because you don't like tham, WTF?Huh

Let's bring back the BASIC idea of all the Crypto Currency fundaments, have some fun, power up our brains to make ALL THE COINS better, faster and secure and let's get some cash LOL Smiley
haightst

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:47:37 AM

But this is a vision of a miner not of the next step of the crypto market and industry where traders will need something to trade.

BTC is well know, but if I can make BTC or money with XXC or ZZC I simply don't care about, because as a trader I can trade more so make more money and we are ALL HERE for this reason not for wasting energy for joy.

I'm a miner and I know well how hard is to decide what to mine, but whan I approce to the market I find Cryptsy A LOT MORE INTERESTING than trading just BTC and LTC.

I'm not the only one, ther's 12K users on cryptsy and counting, so, lets' put down some statistics and make try to AT LEAST define a PESIMISTIC line of crypto coin evolution and you will see that more we have to trade and more of us are willing to trade all of us will earn it's peace of Crypto Currency Pie.

Crypto Currency is a humanity chance to unslave itself from banks and speculators who are fool of greed and thanks to that are wasting our lifes to get our money and money menas time and time means LIFE.

So if there's anybody who will be willing to create the RBC well I'll mine and trade it as BTC and LTC, they are only tags after a decimal number, that's all.

It would be as you have a grocery store but you are not selling tomatoes because you don't like tham, WTF?Huh

Let's bring back the BASIC idea of all the Crypto Currency fundaments, have some fun, power up our brains to make ALL THE COINS better, faster and secure and let's get some cash LOL Smiley

no worries I hear you,...what i'm saying is my friends deal in precious gems and minerals and we can actually back these gem type coins with actual gems! We are already working on a website/exchange to implement this idea. My buddies have been attending the gem shows in Quartzite and Tuscon for the past 10+ years~~~*stay tuned!* =)
vgold

I Mine

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:54:58 PM

UUUUUUU, that's a GREAT IDEA Smiley

I hope to see that projec on-line soon Wink

When this exchange will be on-line I'll trade in, that's for sure Wink.

BTW
If you have the DMD client ... you know LOL Smiley

no worries I hear you,...what i'm saying is my friends deal in precious gems and minerals and we can actually back these gem type coins with actual gems! We are already working on a website/exchange to implement this idea. My buddies have been attending the gem shows in Quartzite and Tuscon for the past 10+ years~~~*stay tuned!* =)
haightst

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:12:00 PM

UUUUUUU, that's a GREAT IDEA Smiley

I hope to see that projec on-line soon Wink

When this exchange will be on-line I'll trade in, that's for sure Wink.

BTW
If you have the DMD client ... you know LOL Smiley

yeah man ~ we are working in the full roll out >> spring 2014!  Wink *blessed!
haightst

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:20:03 PM

/\DMD heading on up!!! 4000zzz thinning out!  Wink
zuper

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:18:16 AM

Hello all!
We are looking for developers in order to update the diamond client.
Please let us know if anyone are interested in joining to our community.
zuper

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:01:18 PM

Can anyone compile the source code of wallet?
We have already updated the code.
evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:06:03 PM

Hi,

Can someone help me get some DMD diamond coin in exchange for bitcoin for litecoin Smiley

Thank you in advance!

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
zuper

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:26:07 PM

Hi,

Can someone help me get some DMD diamond coin in exchange for bitcoin for litecoin Smiley

Thank you in advance!

Hi!
DMD on Cryptsy: https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/72
sheinsha

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:57:13 AM

I can help, what is the latest github repo?

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
zuper

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:11:08 PM

I can help, what is the latest github repo?

Thank you very much for the instant reply!
Here is the updated fork: https://github.com/DiamondCrypto/diamondcoin/
We added some checkpoints and created "obj" folder.

Is it possible to compile it for windows??? Smiley
zuper

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:54:01 PM

DMDpool.net

Join the ultimate super-scarce altcoin and mine some Diamonds in our new DMD pool!

We run a dedicated server, with Vardiff + stratum support. Fees are only 1% and we share all blocks fairly - both normal and superblocks (1, 2, 8 and 30 DMD blocks!).

To connect, just go to http://www.dmdpool.net, register and connect your miners (stratum+tcp://dmdpool.net:3333).

Some basic DMD facts and statistics:

- DMD is an ASIC-resistant scrypt coin.
- It combines proof-of-work and proof-of-stake, providing excellent resistance to 51% attacks.
- No pre-mining!
- It is super scarce: only 4.38 million DMD will be created in eight years. Linear creation means early users do not have an unfair advantage (no block reward halving ever).
- Block time is one minute and each block contains 1 DMD.
- Every day, 10 random contain 2 DMD (bonus blocks), 3 blocks contain 8 DMD (super blocks), and one block contains 30 DMD (super+ block)!
- Difficulty re-targets at every block.

Remember: if BTC is gold and LTC is silver, then DMD is, well, DIAMOND!!!

Happy mining!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: