Version 1.1 is released. This version added more checkpoints so making the coin more secure. Please upgrade although it is not a mandatory upgrade, you are highly encouraged to upgrade, to make this coin safer.
Both download links and source code in github are updated.Diamond - DMD, the latest PoW/PoS coin which combines the best of all the alt coin!
Diamond combines the best from Bitcoin/Litecoin/Novacoin/Luckycoin/Florincoin, it uses both Proof of Work and Proof of Stake. This provides a excellent resistence to 51% attack. It also combines the random block feature from Luckycoin, making it the first coin in Pow/PoS category to use random blocks. It also supports transaction comments like Florincoin, so when you send transactions to the cosmos, you and your receiver won't be lost! This coin has very low transaction fees. It provides steady coin supply at 1 diamond per block for 8 years. Diamond is one of the best of the alt coins exist today.The official website: http://diamondcoin.net Specifications:
- Proof of work/Proof of stake
- Each normal block has 1 diamond
- 1 minute block time
- 1500 diamonds per day including bonus blocks
- Difficulty retargets every block
- Mining will last for 8 years
- Expected total coins will be 4,380,000 diamonds
- 3 confirmations for transaction
- 50 confirmations for minted blocks
- Low transaction fees.
- Every day on average there are randomly:
- 10 bonus blocks with 2 diamonds each
- 3 super blocks with 8 diamonds each
- 1 super+ block with 30 diamonds
- The default ports are 17771(Connect) and 17772(RPC).Mining Pools:
ethought's Stratum pool:http://diamondcoin.miningpool.co
Robroy's stratm+pplns pool:http://coinminer.net:8000/dmd/
Sheinsha's stratum pool:http://dmd.minar.cc/
1% fee, 60 blocks confirmationsExchanges:Cryptsy.com:https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/72Coins-e.com:https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/DMD_BTC/Download (Version 1.1):Windows Client Download (Version 1.1):https://mega.co.nz/#
!cwFElYBK!cwqi5EnGmK5Z1utaSHhf5jSoeeo1WqOcFKWs-h-tyLISource Code Download:https://github.com/diamondcoinproject/diamondcoinBlockchain Explorer:
- to be added -Sample diamond.conf:
1. Start up diamond-qt, wait for it to load, then exit.
2. Put diamond.conf (see sample file above) in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/Appdata/Roaming/Diamond
3. restart diamond-qt, and you should connect and sync.
4. For solo mining, launch cgminer or the mining program you use and begin mining.
cgminer ex: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:17772 -u **yourusername** -p **password** (without **)