Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I tell if I'm mining primecoins?  (Read 1845 times)
neuromancer56 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:43:58 AM

I'm used to using cgminer and pools where I just double click a batch file and I can see my hashrate.   But when I read the instructions on how to mine primecoins all it told me to do was go to the help>Debug menu and click on the console menu and type getmininginfo.
That tells me "primespersec" = 122 and it jumps around quite a bit when I reexecute this command.   So am I automatically mining primecoins just by opening the client or is there something more I need to do?

Also with this primespersec rate, is it even worth my time?  Will I get any coins?

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:51:47 AM

I'm used to using cgminer and pools where I just double click a batch file and I can see my hashrate.   But when I read the instructions on how to mine primecoins all it told me to do was go to the help>Debug menu and click on the console menu and type getmininginfo.
That tells me "primespersec" = 122 and it jumps around quite a bit when I reexecute this command.   So am I automatically mining primecoins just by opening the client or is there something more I need to do?

Also with this primespersec rate, is it even worth my time?  Will I get any coins?

My understanding is, 122 is pretty good for PrimeCoin. I don't really get it myself, CPU only, whoopty-doo. Not even sure people are making enough per day, to cover the cost of running a CPU under full load, but, to each their own.

neuromancer56 (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 02:57:24 AM

My understanding is, 122 is pretty good for PrimeCoin. I don't really get it myself, CPU only, whoopty-doo. Not even sure people are making enough per day, to cover the cost of running a CPU under full load, but, to each their own.

But I'm running this on my litecoin miner which already is running 4 gpus.  So isn't the additional electrical cost for cpu mining at the same time next to nothing or does cpu mining bump up my electricity cost?  I'm mining with a Sempron.
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:00:12 AM

I'm used to using cgminer and pools where I just double click a batch file and I can see my hashrate.   But when I read the instructions on how to mine primecoins all it told me to do was go to the help>Debug menu and click on the console menu and type getmininginfo.
That tells me "primespersec" = 122 and it jumps around quite a bit when I reexecute this command.   So am I automatically mining primecoins just by opening the client or is there something more I need to do?

Also with this primespersec rate, is it even worth my time?  Will I get any coins?

With a rate of 0.005 BTC/XPM, even finding two blocks a month will break you even for running your computer 24/7 (CPU + RAM only).

CPU's only use like 120W at the most, and the new 4th gen. Intel CPUs are even more energy efficient.

I'm sure that you will find at least 5 blocks a month with 122 PPS.

It's pretty much all luck at this point. My 7,000 PPS CPU found less blocks than my 4,000 PPS CPU in a day.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 03:02:37 AM

But I'm running this on my litecoin miner which already is running 4 gpus.  So isn't the additional electrical cost for cpu mining at the same time next to nothing or does cpu mining bump up my electricity cost?  I'm mining with a Sempron.

You will use a little more electricity for the CPU, but considering I've made more mining primecoins with two i7 cpus in the past few days than my GPU farm in the same time period, I would say it's worth the electricity.
CoinOracle

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 12:18:40 PM

I've been running my laptop (Intel Celeron 2 Cores) for 16 hours today to mine this thing, both CPUs are running at their max, their temperatures have gone up by 15degreeCenti. Client Version: v0.1.1xpm-beta ... ... haven't gotten any block whatsoever. I got these though:

19:05:17

getmininginfo

19:05:17

{
"blocks" : 38421,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"primespersec" : 126,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

19:14:06

getmininginfo

19:14:06

{
"blocks" : 38531,
"primespersec" : 135,
}

Am I doing this correctly?

Do I need to add more nodes in my primecoin.conf file?
Would adding more nodes, better my chances?
Do I need to change my port number (currently rpcport=8000)?
Is there such a thing as better port number?

Cheers
blackboy

Activity: 109
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 06:23:17 AM

I'm getting this on a new instance... What's my problem??

{
    "blocks" : 0,
    "primespersec" : 0,
}

Resistance is futile. Embrace cryptocurrencies.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 06:32:47 AM

But I'm running this on my litecoin miner which already is running 4 gpus.  So isn't the additional electrical cost for cpu mining at the same time next to nothing or does cpu mining bump up my electricity cost?  I'm mining with a Sempron.

You will use a little more electricity for the CPU, but considering I've made more mining primecoins with two i7 cpus in the past few days than my GPU farm in the same time period, I would say it's worth the electricity.

excuse me.... just how small is this "farm"
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 08:37:09 AM

I'm getting this on a new instance... What's my problem??

{
    "blocks" : 0,
    "primespersec" : 0,
}

you have to download blocks first
it should look like this

{
    "blocks" : 49261,
    "primespersec" : 3066,
}

after downloading whole blockchain you have to wait few minutes to primepersec number settle.
altsay

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 01:42:32 PM

I'm used to using cgminer and pools where I just double click a batch file and I can see my hashrate.   But when I read the instructions on how to mine primecoins all it told me to do was go to the help>Debug menu and click on the console menu and type getmininginfo.
That tells me "primespersec" = 122 and it jumps around quite a bit when I reexecute this command.   So am I automatically mining primecoins just by opening the client or is there something more I need to do?

Also with this primespersec rate, is it even worth my time?  Will I get any coins?

With a rate of 0.005 BTC/XPM, even finding two blocks a month will break you even for running your computer 24/7 (CPU + RAM only).

CPU's only use like 120W at the most, and the new 4th gen. Intel CPUs are even more energy efficient.

I'm sure that you will find at least 5 blocks a month with 122 PPS.

It's pretty much all luck at this point. My 7,000 PPS CPU found less blocks than my 4,000 PPS CPU in a day.

What are your CPUs, respectively?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: