Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:33:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coin Launch: Miner's Coin: Nuggets (NUGs)  (Read 3056 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 09:29:10 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 08:01:22 AM by Vlad2Vlad

This new miners' coin should be ready to launch tomorrow.  So I expect a launch tomorrow night.

Here are some detail and more will come as its finished:

1) 49 coins at 70 seconds - Scrypt: PoS, I'm told PoW is included.  Sorry, I fought the miners hard for Sha256 so you could kill it with a 51% attack if you felt the need.

2) Original Plan 21 years - ro be discusses later.

3) Total Shares approx 440,000,00 (Hard Capped)

4) Difficulty Retarget average of the trailing 21 blocks
    This should allow for some oscillation but not much, just enough to make things a bit
    Exciting while discouraging pool jumpers

5) Premine 1% - hence not all bounties etc., will come from community donations

6) Premined 1% - the whole thing will go to bounties etc and the coins will be given out to trustworthy people for accountability.

7) No Instamine

Cool VGB Protocol - Never before seen or heard feature which should help the smaller miners while                            
Launch of the Nuggets Coin, a Scrypt coin, against my wishes, but as wished by the prevailing wishes of the miners will take place hopefully tomorrow evening as the coin is mostly ready.

We need a coin face, a logo to donate one.  Sorry, the coins I set aside for things like bounties were voted down. But I'm sure this community will pitch in if its a decent design.

The remaining details will be given out hours before launch for competitive reasons.  49 blocks at 70 seconds intervals for a fast coin while still stable was my best guess.  I originally wanted 21 years but modified the term and combined it with other economic and finance theories and principles of which you will find out I'm detail right before launch.

This is in no way a pump and dump.  I own no shares yet I'm the founder, this must be the new communist trend.  This coin was made with the purpose of the miner in mind first and foremost.  This coin should benefit the miners more than any other coin, and this will be more evident once the VGB Protocol is explained.

Wish everyone the best and
look forward to an exact date and time.

Good much to everyone and God bless!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:34:06 AM

VGB - Variable Gimmicky Bonus

AgentME

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:35:04 AM

A currency built for the sole stated purpose of benefiting the money printers is missing the point and/or reeks of scam.
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:37:26 AM

Vlad2Vlad, the Coin Developah, helpin' out da little miners!!

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 09:39:13 AM

A currency built for the sole stated purpose of benefiting the money printers is missing the point and/or reeks of scam.

There's no money printers here, it's all digital but I get your point
Money printers or banks are part of any Eco system so they can't be excluded.one has to look at the greater good if there is one and choose that which benefits the most at any given point in time.

Good luck!

whitedragon

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 10:35:57 AM

I haven't participated in a launch for the last 15 or so coins...kinda miss the chaos...so I might give this one a whirl for some kicks.

Would be nice to have a launch time (even if it is approximate).
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 11:05:42 AM

What is the starting difficulty?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 01:10:33 PM

good luck

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 01:19:38 PM

Vlad2Vlad, the Coin Developah, helpin' out da little miners!!

lol, careful he might get all defensive about his money grab.
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 05:30:20 PM

Money for the sake of making money! And that's it...

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
stevenlam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 05:33:06 PM

I will join this coin when launch

Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

suggest NGT instead of NUGs

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
robotrebellion

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 09:51:01 PM

suggest NGT instead of NUGs

NUGs.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 11:59:01 PM

What is the starting difficulty?

-MarkM-

Does .25 Sound right, mark?

But the VGB will likely throw everyitnng for a massive fucking loop.

I hate cursing but now I'm pissed.

There's no way to predict how VGB will react in this experiement.  It's an unknown variable never used before. It's a financial instrument mixed in with this mess.

I fully expect others to spin off VBG for their own coins.  It makes mining more fun and rewarding although depending on the outcome it may turn out to be a mess.

I'm gonna pay a second programmer to look it over once its done to see if it can be refined.  I don't want it to go haywire.

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:03:15 AM

Difficulty is going to skyrocket really quickly, won't that push out small miners, and favor the bigger miners? What's the max diff adjustment for this coin? 400%?
I'm sorry that they suckered you into doing this coin, with nothing for yourself to build it with. Unless you pay out of your own pocket, it will be days before someone sets a pool up for it, if anyone does one at all. You need a pre mine, you need coins, to pay people to set services up quickly. With such a rapidly increasing difficulty, it is paramount that you get a pool set up, ASAP, or it will fizzle and die.
I wish you luck though, man, its a noble idea

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:07:46 AM

Difficulty is going to skyrocket really quickly, won't that push out small miners, and favor the bigger miners? What's the max diff adjustment for this coin? 400%?
I'm sorry that they suckered you into doing this coin, with nothing for yourself to build it with. Unless you pay out of your own pocket, it will be days before someone sets a pool up for it, if anyone does one at all. You need a pre mine, you need coins, to pay people to set services up quickly. With such a rapidly increasing difficulty, it is paramount that you get a pool set up, ASAP, or it will fizzle and die.

+1 well said. almost sounds like he tried to copy me economic principals and apply it to a POS coin.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 12:08:20 AM

After talking to the programmer he said no matter what I do people will bitch.

So he said this:  premine 1%, keep half for yourself and put In a wallet so people see you're not dumping it.

Then use the other half of 1% to do do exactly what you said, set bounties for pool, exchanges, etc.

So that's the way it's gonna be.  Look at all the assholes on here even after I said zero premine.  Nothing but hating boneheads.

So I will give away half my 1% right away for anyone who wants to set a pool, exchange and such.

And don't worry about the high difficulty.  The VGB protocol will really help level the playing field for the little guy.  As much as possible.

If these closed minded haters had let me premine 5% or 10% I could have made this coin a killer coin.  Now it's gonna take forever.  Sad, truly sad.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 12:10:44 AM

+1 well said. almost sounds like he tried to copy me economic principals and apply it to a POS coin.

That's exactly want I did because this is money.  What better way to make a better coin than to apply economics and finance to it.  Wait and see, if this executes probably, if it was programmed right then it's gonna be beautiful for the little miner but for everyone else too.

AgentME

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:11:16 AM

Since when is a clonecoin something that needs to be built up by the developer? If it does take off in popularity, the lack of pre-mine isn't an issue because it's popular. If it doesn't take off in popularity, then he can mine legitimately and pay people with his monopoly money to advertise his coin if he wants.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 12:20:00 AM

Since when is a clonecoin something that needs to be built up by the developer? If it does take off in popularity, the lack of pre-mine isn't an issue because it's popular. If it doesn't take off in popularity, then he can mine legitimately and pay people with his monopoly money to advertise his coin if he wants.

+1

If the coin is as good as advertised, there will be a race to set up a pool as the first pool gets all the hashes and will rake in the fees.  No bounty needed in this case.  Popular coin will get community support, a la DGC (zero premine) and all bounties come from dev pockets and community donations.

-tb-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: