Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin.com CEO Says Futures Will Drive Up Bitcoin Price  (Read 675 times)
yenimailb (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:17:07 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 04:11:26 PM by yenimailb

Bitcoin.com CEO Says Futures Will Drive Up Bitcoin Price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJAAMtqXc5I
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:20:32 AM

Obviously.  Let me know when you find the video 'Bitcoin guy says bitcoin is going down" or "bank guy says bitcoin is going up"

60659 📦
yenimailb (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:12:05 PM

Obviously.  Let me know when you find the video 'Bitcoin guy says bitcoin is going down" or "bank guy says bitcoin is going up"
There are a lot of fake news about Bitcoin.

I only post real news not speculations.
If Bitcoin will price increase end of the 2018 why I post other fake news?
Kriptex

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:19:50 PM

Hopefully it deos. Because some people say futures will affect the price extremely negatively.

This may be good for new traders get into bitcoin and this would make the trade volume up above.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:25:14 PM

You look to be the most active in making these such threads about bitcoin. I hope that futures will give bitcoin a very positive price movement since many are also worried about it since whales will do something to make the price go down which can be beneficial with their futures investment. But still everyone here is hoping to make a better investment with futures as well and it will give bitcoin a positive result.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:31:27 PM

You look to be the most active in making these such threads about bitcoin. I hope that futures will give bitcoin a very positive price movement since many are also worried about it since whales will do something to make the price go down which can be beneficial with their futures investment. But still everyone here is hoping to make a better investment with futures as well and it will give bitcoin a positive result.

But i think if once the bitcoin starts to trade in futures then fiat currency holders can also play in bitcoin and it will make the price move more high only. As you said most of them are worried that the whales will drive the price down and same sentiment they will take as positive for them and they will buy on each dip.

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:37:51 PM

I don't understand why people are discussing futures trading. It is a tool for the whales. I think that's actually a war of big whales eat the small ones. We enjoyed our usual exchanges and will to use them. I'm not sure that futures will change the situation on the market.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:49:31 PM

No one gives a shit what that idiot has to say about Bitcoin.

He created the contentious abomination that is BCash, so he can go choke on his shitcoin losses.
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:04:28 PM

Why should futures have negative (or positive) effect on Bitcoin price? Apart from the positive influence of the fact that Bitcoin futures are offered at all, I see no connection between futures and price or am I wrong? But I fear, manipulative news and predictions from financial insitutes or so called experts will mount up.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:17:20 PM

You're linking to a liar and fraudster here my friend!
This guy is responsbile for lots of trouble over the last 2 years in this community!
Because of him lots of people lost a lot of money.
If you didn't know this, well you know it now.
If you don't believe me, I advise you to do some proper research! Google is your friend if you know how to use it.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:42:51 PM

Maybe it will, maybe it wont nobody knows but I think the price has a good bit further to go before it starts to drop a significant amount.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:46:19 PM

drive up price? how to push the price? only a single way is manipulating a large number of bitcoin. This turns him into a real whale, that is the worst thing.
bitcoin price affected by market supply and demand and no one can push them

Make me great again
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:51:29 PM

I may well be naive, but I also don't understand why or how the cash based futures market will move the bitcoin market.

They are basically betting on what will happen in the real Bitcoin market. Unless they then try to move the real market by buying or selling real Bitcoin, I don't see how they move the market.

It's like betting on a Football/Soccer game. I can bet $100 million on a poor team winning, but it doesn't make them winning any more likely. If I gave them money to win the game, or the other team money to lose, that would be different, but isn't the point of the bet/futures market.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:03:44 PM

That is my guess as well. Futures trade normally makes a commodity more bullish, although there are plenty of exceptions. And in case of Bitcoin, it gives it a sense of semi-legal status and makes the currency (or asset) more mainstream. Both CBOE and CME are well established exchanges. Traders will trust them, even if they don't have much trust in BTC.
CornCube

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:14:43 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 01:41:50 AM by CornCube

I’m impressed with Roger Ver’s answers to the illicit activity questions. Kudos.

As for his point about futures, he’s correct that in a non-manipulated market then futures increase utility and decrease volatility, but given that Bitcoin is a controlled by an oligarchy and the power of governments to crash the price by for example launching a ban on exchanges of non-compliant ICO-issued tokens, could enable the insiders to profit on short and long manipulations of the price.

Hopefully it deos. Because some people say futures will affect the price extremely negatively.

Not immediately negative. Need some months for large (leveraged) positions to accumulate before the following manipulations can begin:

The 3rd one has the highest probability after we hit the $40k peak. But the bottom would be > $10k.

The last (4th) one [the Tether/Bitfinex collapse] may occur during the 3rd one, and may also include:

do not forget that hedge funds in the billions could also short bitcoin with the click of a button.

They need someone to take the opposite side of the trade. So this can’t occur until the futures market gain adoption.
NiceSoft12

Activity: 433
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:26:58 PM

While it could drive the price up, do not forget that hedge funds in the billions could also short bitcoin with the click of a button. Remember that IPO's aren't always the greatest for a stock's price.

I think the future will continue to see high volatility.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:39:22 PM

I don't believe that Roger Ver has converted the major part of his 'core coin' stash into his own crappy shitcoin. The only thing he did is dump his BCH's at peak levels, and bought back at significantly lower levels, ending up significantly increasing his BCH holdings. All in an attempt to alongside his fellow poisonous friends, be the few entities holding the far majority of the circulating BCH supply. It quite well explains how easily that market got bought up to +0.4 BTC levels, and then dumped down again. He is also desperately trying to convince noobs that his shitcoin is the real Bitcoin, but thus far without much success.
CornCube

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:47:40 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 01:24:38 AM by CornCube

I don't believe that Roger Ver has converted the major part of his 'core coin' stash into his own crappy shitcoin. The only thing he did is dump his BCH's at peak levels, and bought back at significantly lower levels, ending up significantly increasing his BCH holdings. All in an attempt to alongside his fellow poisonous friends, be the few entities holding the far majority of the circulating BCH supply. It quite well explains how easily that market got bought up to +0.4 BTC levels, and then dumped down again. He is also desperately trying to convince noobs that his shitcoin is the real Bitcoin, but thus far without much success.

Rebuttal:

Okay then you were attacking Roger Ver in your comments, but in the following video he articulates a very compelling and simple reason why BCH is superior:

https://youtu.be/cJAAMtqXc5I?t=181

It’s a fact which I have stated many times. LN payer can’t send to everyone who has a BTC address. First the recipient must open+maintain a channel (which doesn’t scale well and will essentially end up as fractional reserve Mt. Box hubs). BCH payer can send to anyone who has an address and it has MUCH lower fees right now.

Pontificate about future scaling as much as you want (neither scale decentralized!) but here and now, Ver is factually correct.

P.S. given the potential gain for BTC from the current level is ~3X (or maybe 5X at an extreme to $100+k), the altcoins are likely to moon soon and gain on BTC, because most of them have 10+ X gains potential before the next crypto winter.

As for the extreme volatility of BCH, it’s likely because of all the n00bs who dump it for BTC because they want to donate their BTC to SegWit’s “pay to anymore” (but they don’t realize this yet like most sheep they will fall over the cliff together because they’re only aware of what they’ve been told which is to stay focused on what the other sheep are doing).

BCH spikes because the BTC mining difficulty resets too high (and won’t reset for at least 2 weeks or even longer as the hashrate leaves and block period slows down), then as BTC declines in price, it is more profit to mine BCH and this can lead to a spiral over a multi-week timeframe because the block periods on BTC can become much longer than 10 minutes if most of the hashrate moves over to BCH.

They care just about bitcoin cash anyway...

That’s not analysis. That is sheep behavior.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

They care just about bitcoin cash anyway...
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:18:32 PM

LOL, futures will get raped by pure Bitcoin markets. While they are closed for the night/weekend/giftmas... Bitcoin exchanges truck on, and when it moves 10 or 20% during that time, futures will open with gaps and those on the wrong side will be ruined with losses and possibly owing above their account values. This will be great Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: