Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your money after selling altcoins?  (Read 352 times)
avivik (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:10:33 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 01:32:51 PM by avivik

I'm making my first steps in the cryptocurrency trading world, and am learning everything from scratch (and loving it!)
I have a question which I couldn't find a definite answer for.
What do you do when you want to close a trade of an alt coin? With BTC it's easy, you just cash out (or not?)
But with alt coins, what do you do? Do you buy BTC? If so, then I assume it's a gamble as well, as you don't know what BTC will do from this point onward.
Do you buy BTC and then Tether maybe, so you can stay in the exchange and not have to withdraw the money and then deposit again?
I'm obviously talking about a scenario where you want to take the earnings and re-invest them, as opposed to just take the money and go home.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:56:42 AM

I'm making my first steps in the cryptocurrency trading world, and am learning everything from scratch (and loving it!)
What do you do when you want to close a trade of an alt coin? With BTC it's easy, you just cash out (or not?)
But with alt coins, what do you do? Do you buy BTC? If so, then I assume it's a gamble as well, as you don't know what BTC will do from this point onward.
Do you buy BTC and then Tether maybe, so you can stay in the exchange and not have to withdraw the money and then deposit again?
I'm obviously talking about a scenario where you want to take the earnings and re-invest them, as opposed to just take the money and go home.

Altcoin goes to the trader you are selling the coin to that concern person. I want to know which exchange you are using to change your currency. Sometimes if you are okay with the site value of the coin you want to sell. That will give exchange of the coon within few minutes but the expectation amount you can set when you open the trade. The value will be accordingly and you will able sell forchigh price too.
avivik (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:37:32 PM

I can see now that my question wasn't clear. I revised the headline.
I'm not asking where the money goes, I'm asking how do you do it - sell altcoins. What do you buy instead? BTC? something else?
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 02:32:29 PM

Usually I sell Altcoin for Bitcoin because in the local exchange I use only provide some altcoin that can be traded with Fiat and I still believe Bitcoin is a good coin to be my investment center in crypto currency
laxinternational

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:53:31 PM

I seek new chances in altcoins and buy cheap ones if available any of them. I don't frequently cash them out because in fiat money, there is inflation and its purchasing power decreases with time.
Mattia88

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

When i have profit from trading I use 50% to buy BTC and the other 50% to trade with other altcoin.
This strategy make me a lot of profit.

Wink
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:59:37 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2017, 03:28:29 PM by rodskee

Usually I sell Altcoin for Bitcoin because in the local exchange I use only provide some altcoin that can be traded with Fiat and I still believe Bitcoin is a good coin to be my investment center in crypto currency

i agree with you mate altcoins are good investment buy and sell using bitcoin, bitcoin exchange into fiat or vice versa its depends the strategy of holders how to make good strategy for their investment become profitable.

tech72

Activity: 427

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:00:31 PM

If you are good at it, it is better to reinvest the amount again for future trades. I only pull out of profits if I urgently need a large sum which my savings can't cover and this rarely happens. Also, if you are doing big trades(over 1-2 BTC), then you can cash out the profits or keep the profits in form of Bitcoin as savings (No trading from it).

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:12:02 PM

When i have profit from trading I use 50% to buy BTC and the other 50% to trade with other altcoin.
This strategy make me a lot of profit.

Wink
U mean half of your crypto is in bitcoin. I like to know how long you have been doing this
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:28:55 PM

I don't own altcoins, but usually when I get some temporarily, or from a bounty campaign, I sell them instantly. The reason being I don't have nearly the same amount of trust in altcoins as Bitcoin and its network of miners around the world. IT doesn't make sense to keep altcoins when they are so risky and Bitcoin is nearly as much so.
babyshaun

Activity: 230
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:31:31 PM

when you sell altcoin the price of btc is at the stage pumping. why? because there's a chance that your investment will increase in fiat currency and then you decide what to do next. cash out or buy again btc or maybe altcoin.
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:38:46 PM

i agree with you mate altcoins are good investment buy and sell using bitcoin, bitcoin exchange into fiat or vice versa its depends the strategy of holders how to make good strategy for their investment become profitable.

there is a lot of way on hiw would you do that but yes it was always depends on the holder on what strategy he is making to take the risk and make a lot of profit here , for me what i was like more on after selling altcoin is to make an investment in bitcoin cause i know and we know how good and much better is bitcoin are than altcoin as of now.
rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:42:16 PM

Mostly if investing in alts I work on the basis of trying to grow my bitcoin, that means if I invest 1 bitcoin I hope to sell for more than 1 bitcoin, irrespective of the USD value, this is because of my belief in bitcoin price going upwards, therefore when I sell alts I keep my money in bitcoin until I decide to buy more alts.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:25:54 PM

I'm little bit confused on what you are saying here completely but I do get the point on where what would you do if you did able to make profits on selling out your altcoins. When we do that we do normally earn bitcoin since this is the only common thing that do happen where we do convert our alts into btc all the time when we do trade.Answers here would really vary because people do have different decision when it comes to their profits some of them would re-roll or reinvest and some of them would immediately cash-out since they do have something need to purchase on.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM

I also experienced what you have done by in trading site, you can't easily withdraw or pull out your money in exchange market because they have a high paying fees when you withdraw you money or bitcoin as well. So if you a gained you need to trade again to achieved the payment fee for withdrawal of exchange market. In this scenario you buy altcoin instead of bitcoin and then transfer to your MEW. Because altcoins is lesser pay out fees compared to bitcoin. Actually is not a gambled they are taking your money out of you.

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:17:42 PM

I mostly use all the bitcoin I will get after selling my altcoins to put into another alts but when I need to cash them out or don't want to risk on price volatility, I exchange those bitcoin that I will get after selling altcoins into USDT and keep them in exchange or withdraw them out to my Tether address/bitcoin address to use in future or to buy back cheap coins during dump.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:28:06 PM

For me,i always go for bitcoin and keep it in the wallet
Altcoin that i got mostly from bounty or airdrop,so i just exchange it with bitcoin
nabilanur

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:40:59 PM

I am daily trader.I always try to make money from crypto market.When I sell my altcoin, you know I get btc or eth.So I try to buy any good altcoin for next profitable trading.It's my day job sell and buy and get a smaller profit.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:16:51 PM

Once I  sold off my altcoin I will look for another cheaper altcoin to buy. If I have exchanged to ether then I will confirm if the price will be higher in bicoin or it will be higher in ether. Whichever is higher then will exchange the coin to that one just to maximize my profit.
dejan_p

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:23:14 PM

i usually tend to reinvest the profits into some different alts, or if buy more of the one i just traded (this is only for coins i do believe in).
recently i started moving profits to btc as well, if i learned something the hard way in these years, is to hold the coins and cash out when/if they reach the price you never expected
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: