Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:15:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's winning Android or iPhone?  (Read 2403 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 03:32:00 PM

We're not talking about IOS vs. Androids. Change your search to iPhone app and Android app.

Anyway: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kessler/id529307947?mt=8&ls=1

Huh...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ui.LapseItPro&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tina.time_lapse&hl=en

But maybe that's not what that Kessler app does... from a cursory glance, it looks like a trivial app to create, which is probably why no one has ever bothered to create it... there's no demand.

There's never going to be high demand for niche apps. And no, your suggestions don't calculate data for Kessler Omega motor settings.

Anyway, your statements about my first hand knowledge about what I'm describing are useless and irrelevant to the discussion. Just because you want it one way doesn't change the reality of an individual's experiences with special niche apps, which often interface with other manufacturer's products. Please take your Android centric motivations to pick arguments and go argue with someone who cares. It's a fact that your arguments don't mean anything to first hand experiences others have had.

On the other hand, if you have something useful to say about your own experiences relating to this discussion, rather than your childish desire to be an argumentative fucktwit, by all means, there's no better time to begin than now. And I do mean fucktwit in the most sincere manner, as your avatar picture brings back unpleasant memories of you in the past, when you behaved the same way.

Ahh too bad you're unable to hold a reasonable debate without devolving into personal attacks so quickly.  I guess the debate is over, sorry about your loss.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 06:22:13 PM

Who's winning Android or iPhone?

What do you mean by "winning?"

As long as Apple insists on controlling the entire market (hardware, software, music, movies, etc.) they will never catch Android in market share.  But that is probably okay with Apple.

The development of this "rivalry" is interesting in that the setup parallels the early competition between Mac's and PC's.  Apple insisted on controlling all of the hardware and software market for the Mac.  IBM, on the other hand, opened up its architecture and allowed anyone to make hardware or software for their machines.  Apple had a great head start in this market but the PC market evolved into something that Apple couldn't match.  And once the Intel/Microsoft machine started rolling it was all over as far as significant market share is concerned.  Apple continued to survive, but just barely.

Apple appears to have learned from the PC battles.  They have a greater head start with the iPhone than they did with the Mac.  And they opened up the software market to make it easier for independent developers to bring products along.  However they are still one company trying to match technological innovations of many other companies.  The volatility of the market is extreme.  I highly doubt that the phone market will remain clearly defined like the PC market was for 20 years.  Apple cannot catch Android in this environment, but they can certainly lose tremendous ground under the right circumstances.  Will Samsung/Google be the iPhone's Intel/Microsoft?

The iPod brought Apple back as a major player in consumer devices and positioned them very well for the iPhone.  The phone as we know it (I mean smart phone) however is likely to transition to something else in a relatively short number of years.  The iWatch and Google Glass are two possible routes.  I don't see Apple being able to match all of the possibilities that other companies are bringing to market.  Of course Android probably isn't the answer for all of them either.

So, what do you mean by "winning?"

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 07:37:53 PM

We're not talking about IOS vs. Androids. Change your search to iPhone app and Android app.

Anyway: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kessler/id529307947?mt=8&ls=1

Huh...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ui.LapseItPro&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tina.time_lapse&hl=en

But maybe that's not what that Kessler app does... from a cursory glance, it looks like a trivial app to create, which is probably why no one has ever bothered to create it... there's no demand.

There's never going to be high demand for niche apps. And no, your suggestions don't calculate data for Kessler Omega motor settings.

Anyway, your statements about my first hand knowledge about what I'm describing are useless and irrelevant to the discussion. Just because you want it one way doesn't change the reality of an individual's experiences with special niche apps, which often interface with other manufacturer's products. Please take your Android centric motivations to pick arguments and go argue with someone who cares. It's a fact that your arguments don't mean anything to first hand experiences others have had.

On the other hand, if you have something useful to say about your own experiences relating to this discussion, rather than your childish desire to be an argumentative fucktwit, by all means, there's no better time to begin than now. And I do mean fucktwit in the most sincere manner, as your avatar picture brings back unpleasant memories of you in the past, when you behaved the same way.

Ahh too bad you're unable to hold a reasonable debate without devolving into personal attacks so quickly.  I guess the debate is over, sorry about your loss.

LOL...I've had FirstAscent on ignore for awhile now. This reminds me why.

I'm grumpy!!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

Interesting.  Yeah, arguing from a position of facts vs FirstAgents position of anecdotes is not exactly a debate.  It makes it kind of pointless.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:50:56 PM

Who's winning Android or iPhone?

What do you mean by "winning?"

As long as Apple insists on controlling the entire market (hardware, software, music, movies, etc.) they will never catch Android in market share.  But that is probably okay with Apple.

The development of this "rivalry" is interesting in that the setup parallels the early competition between Mac's and PC's.  Apple insisted on controlling all of the hardware and software market for the Mac.  IBM, on the other hand, opened up its architecture and allowed anyone to make hardware or software for their machines.  Apple had a great head start in this market but the PC market evolved into something that Apple couldn't match.  And once the Intel/Microsoft machine started rolling it was all over as far as significant market share is concerned.  Apple continued to survive, but just barely.

Apple appears to have learned from the PC battles.  They have a greater head start with the iPhone than they did with the Mac.  And they opened up the software market to make it easier for independent developers to bring products along.  However they are still one company trying to match technological innovations of many other companies.  The volatility of the market is extreme.  I highly doubt that the phone market will remain clearly defined like the PC market was for 20 years.  Apple cannot catch Android in this environment, but they can certainly lose tremendous ground under the right circumstances.  Will Samsung/Google be the iPhone's Intel/Microsoft?

The iPod brought Apple back as a major player in consumer devices and positioned them very well for the iPhone.  The phone as we know it (I mean smart phone) however is likely to transition to something else in a relatively short number of years.  The iWatch and Google Glass are two possible routes.  I don't see Apple being able to match all of the possibilities that other companies are bringing to market.  Of course Android probably isn't the answer for all of them either.

So, what do you mean by "winning?"

You seem to fail to understand some concepts that Apple clearly states every time they can.
Apple products in Jobs era were designed for people who would appreciate the quality and the design not just hardware but software. Their design process is extremely refined and they were focused on those people who would embrace those concepts.
With Tim Cook, the company is trying to captivate a bigger market now, although I'm not sure is the right approach.
Google glass is a piece of crap, but it's a prototype that will serve it's purpose as new wearable technologies develop. Tim Cook already said it, who would wear glasses willingly? On the other hand, a Watch makes much more sense.That being said, Google Glass is necessary for the evolution of the technologies, but at $1,500 I find hard to believe people will be running to the stores to get one, and Inaba will most likely try to type with it and will discard it right away.
In short, Apple doesn't need to catch up with other companies, it's the other companies that played catch up with Apple (iPod...? iPhone?, iPad) or, in other words, the MP3 player which Apple made so popular... the smartphone that Apple pretty much revolutionized the way phones work, and the Tablet...
Was Apple the first one in any of those fields? certainly not, but it was the first one to get it right and that's undeniable!
The same will happen in the future, with companies releasing crappy things (NFC anyone) and Apple waiting until the technology and infrastructure is mature and ready to deploy a correct implementation.

The gist of your remarks is why I asked the OP what they meant by "winning."  I didn't say anything about the quality of Apple products (past or present) nor about the wisdom of their decisions.  I said that Apple will not surpass Android (Google) in market share.  I also said that Apple probably doesn't care.  Do you dispute that?

The quality of Google glass, iWatch, or any other probing technology device is not germane to my statement.  Google glass and iWatch were just examples of new devices that are being experimented with.  My point is that the smart phone won't be a massive force for nearly as long as PCs were because technology is evolving much more rapidly now.  Some company will hit a home run with some device.  It may be Apple and it may be someone else.  However Apple is again pitting itself against the world.  They will not be able to match all of the technological innovations that come from everywhere.  They will need to pick one or two paths and commit immense resources to those paths.  Other companies will need to do the same thing.  However if one of the Android companies make bad decisions and go bankrupt, it doesn't bring down Android.  Where as iPhone is anchored to just one company.  If Apple makes a few bad moves they are done.  So, as you pointed out, since they can't afford to jump on risky technology they wait on it.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 10:57:27 PM

Android is winning in the cheap, fragmented piece of shit race.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:02:13 PM

I'll very quietly suggest ditching the idea that phones can play engaging games, as they're almost always poorly-made time-wasters. Engaging phone games are very few and far between. I'd honestly suggest a Windows tablet (uhh, no, not Win8 RT). Phones are already migrating to VOIP, and unless you live in the middle of nowhere (in which case, a cell phone with monthly charge is probably a shit proposition, anyway), there are generally free hotspots all over town where you can use GVoice. Your workplace probably has one available, at least to employees. It doesn't take much to emulate the Android OS on Windows, and you can, of course, emulate many other game platforms on top of getting access to the huge Windows catalog of software. Get a cheap stand and compact keyboard/mouse solution (this "hybrid" from iogear is freakin' awesome) and you have a mobile PC. It costs a lot more upfront, but it'll actually be a competent, versatile piece of hardware with no contract.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:08:16 PM

I'll very quietly suggest ditching the idea that phones can play engaging games, as they're almost always poorly-made time-wasters. Engaging phone games are very few and far between. I'd honestly suggest a Windows tablet (uhh, no, not Win8 RT). Phones are already migrating to VOIP, and unless you live in the middle of nowhere (in which case, a cell phone with monthly charge is probably a shit proposition, anyway), there are generally free hotspots all over town where you can use GVoice. Your workplace probably has one available, at least to employees. It doesn't take much to emulate the Android OS on Windows, and you can, of course, emulate many other game platforms on top of getting access to the huge Windows catalog of software. Get a cheap stand and compact keyboard/mouse solution (this "hybrid" from iogear is freakin' awesome) and you have a mobile PC. It costs a lot more upfront, but it'll actually be a competent, versatile piece of hardware with no contract.

Why not just go with an iPad, much better imo then the frankenstein your suggesting.

I test android, windows 8 and I devices all day long on jquery mobile sites:
win 8 rt with ie 10 blows, android is so fragmented that it's hard to keep up and imo a waste of money, iPhone and iPad win hands down.

Now keep in mind that for some uses, for some people an android will better suite their needs, same goes for win 8 rt, but hands down for ease of use, applications and more, my money is on IOS.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 06:59:14 AM

Meizirkki:
What repo for python? What external modules?
Which browser and which media player are you defining as good?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:26:14 AM

Meizirkki:
What repo for python? What external modules?
Which browser and which media player are you defining as good?
apt.saurik.com, should be enabled by default. I have no idea about the modules, so google is your friend. I'm not a dev.

iFile and rushplayer+ have served me well. With them I can manage files and watch movies on my external hard drive. Tbh I haven't used my laptop for anything else but bookkeeping ever since getting an iPad. Smiley

[no longer related to your question jackjack]

I agree that Apple is an idiot with their iTunes integration, but it's not like you need iTunes to use an iPad. I don't have iTunes and can't have it cause I'm running linux. Spotify syncs your music and dropbox/whatever syncs your pics. Videos need a jailbreak unless netflix suits your needs. :/
ororch

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:31:14 AM

Of course android is better! It has more popularity. There are so much programs and games. Android is free system and you can write any program yourself.
Bobsrepair

Activity: 179
Merit: 49

Solving review fraud in the skilled trade industry

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 08:52:15 AM

Iphone because it can connect with your mac for text messages:)

simplygreen

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 08:55:16 AM

iPhone  Wink
Yarex

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:05:56 AM

For me, the best android, more attractive flexibility of settings, the ability to run any application from anywhere. And the policy of the app terribly infuriates.
marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:16:19 AM

To my first phone android.. i was insecure why some people use to buy iphone.. then ill buy .. and now i finally found out that iphone user is for just a fame haha
Ihlan

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 09:27:21 AM

android
salayog01999

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 02:34:02 PM

For gaming purpose i think it is Android because it is easy to access in play store but if it is for communication or business purpose i prefer to use is iPhone because it has a fast and high security.
rjp55

Activity: 798

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 02:37:11 PM

For security and stability side ios always wins for me,
for easy access to new feature and life easining solutions android is better.
with galaxy note 8 samsung and the android side made a progress.
as a former samsung user(nowadays iphone 6 plus) that phone raised my eyebrows.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
Boseda

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:05:54 PM

I have Android and I think more users are on android right now simply because iOS is just on one brand, while android can be used by many different brands.
ivanovhristo14

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:19:41 PM

Iphone OS was a thing in 2008 and Android was slow and buggy, now things have changed and IOS still lacks many features which android have.

▄▀ ▄▀   ☎  ⌘ Calls powered by cryptocurrencies ✆  ▀▄ ▀▄
⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩⏩  Experty.io   ⏪⏪⏪⏪⏪
➪ Experty in TOP ICOs to watch in 2018 by Inc.com |  Twitter medium
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: