Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting BFL miners at J Morgan & Associates?  (Read 7306 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:34:27 AM

I must say that I host with Joe's and am very pleased with the service. Top notch customer service. Best datacenter I ever worked with, so far.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 01:21:14 AM

OK, I'll say it.  What is BFLs scam here?  How do they profit from defrauding people in this hosting business.

That's what the thread is about

We don't know which or who owns the data centers that BFL's Bitcoin miners will be hosted at. First we had Josh working directly with BFL to host the miners at Josh's data center (of which exactly where that data center is located, nobody knows), now Joe comes along and clearly states that BFL is letting him host the Bitcoin miners at his data center because BFL decided to not do it themselves.

In the OP, I tried to established that Josh was employed at one of the data centers located across the street from BFL's original address, namely 25 E. 12th Street, not 25 Walnut Street as Josh once stated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.msg597832#msg597832

So I just walked across the street to closer inspect it.  Zaina is 25 Walnut Ste 105 and the Lofts are just 25 Walnut.  

Here's a couple pictures.  There is no way into the lofts without an access card and it does not look in any way, shape or form setup for any business.  No intercom on the outside, etc...

Zaina dose not serve FPGA's, for bitcoin or otherwise.

The address on the building clearly faces 11th Street, and not Walnut, thus I'm implying Josh may have been tossing out a red herring, for he's a very, very smart man, not prone to make a simple mapping error like such. This guy's been in the service, knows Korean, and flys plains, a word idiots some times messpeels.

With the exception of rare occasions, in the US if a number on a building is seen from the street you're standing on, most likely that building's address will have the name of said street in it, especially if the building with the number is located not on the corner of the street. No way would one working on the same block as said building for a period of years, and knowing the city's numbering system like the back of their hand would make such a simple mistake.

Simple question time: Josh, how were you able to state Zaina's address incorrectly?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 01:31:58 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 02:24:25 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

To drive my point home, above, open up the following image and take a look at the address on the door left of the open sign thingy on the sidewalk: https://eclipsemc.com/files/IMAG0045.jpg (image is larger than the one below)

To be clear, Josh took the picture above. The address on above the door is 23 E. 12th Street. No way in hell would a smart person state he was Walnut Street, unless...
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 02:54:18 AM

Hello,

I wanted to clarify some things that are being said or at least insinuated here. My name is Joe Morgan I own and operate both Joe's Datacenter, LLC and J Morgan & Associates, LLC (aka kcmocolo.com). They are separate companies with separate facilities but I use one address for mailing. I am the SOLE owner of both company's and have no affiliation with Butterfly Labs other than they are sending their customers to us for hosting as they decided not to do it themselves. I cannot speak for BFL or Josh as to where he has hosted in the past but I will say that almost anything hosted in Kansas City is going to be in one of three or four buildings downtown all within a couple blocks of eachother. You could find hundreds of hosting companies that show one of those buildings as their address or as a place they host and they are still completely different companies. Josh has never been an employee or part owner of any of my companies and is not on the payroll. Aaron owns another datacenter in Kansas City and we have both had facilities in the same buildings but otherwise we are unaffiliated as well. KCIX that was mentioned is a peering exchange which the entire point of peering exchanges is that local close by data centers can run a network cable between eachother to save bandwidth on outside carriers when the traffic was going between them anyway. As for Morgansites.com that is my parents web hosting business and they were in fact my first customer and hosting their server was how I got into the hosting business. Not sure the relevance. My father ran for political office this last year and I managed a phone system for him and purchased that phone number for that purpose. Now that his campaign is over I still had the number and used it for this company. I don't see what the relevance of my parents or the phone number has to do with anything other than Phinnaeus trying to point out how good his Google skills are. I say that somewhat Joking and don't mean to offend but for someone telling people to do the research because xyz then not actually doing the research as to if xyz are true makes you a hypocrite. Phinnaeus please feel free to call me Telephone: +1 816 335 4115 and I will do my best to help clarify whatever you need. I would appreciate if you would give me the chance to explain my situation before trying to scare potential customers away when you have never done business with me and have little knowledge of how my company actually operates.

Thanks,
Joe Morgan

In reference to the bold above, lets see if I can refresh your memory: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=112832.msg1223379#msg1223379

Yes, I work with a DC on the 26th floor, one on the 10th floor and another located several miles away from the downtown center.

http://joesdatacenter.com/about

About The Company

Joe’s Datacenter is located on the 26th floor of the Oak Tower building in downtown Kansas City, MO.

Josh just happened to forget his other location since late 2004: http://web.archive.org/web/20060901124114/http://www.communityhosting.net/faqs.html#cat0_0

Which data center are your servers located at?

Our servers are located in downtown Kansas City, MO in the Bryant Building. The Bryant Building is a state of the art data center, monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
joesdc

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:06:31 AM

I think the mixup might be in the phrasing of "work with" there is a difference between "work with" and "work for" I work with butterfly labs to try and help people get there miners going but besides that we are unaffiliated. Doe's that make sense. Also I want to add that it is possible that Josh had equipment in multiple facilities in KC hence the different addresses listed. Its hard to find hosts that will colo something other than your typical 1-4U server and even if they would they might limit how many they would allow. It seems much more feasible to me that Josh had a couple different facilities that he would colo the equipment at. I want to say again this is just speculation on my part.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 03:18:14 AM

Darn it, Joe - there you go. Destroying a perfectly entertaining borderline paranoid delusional rant, by means of injecting some fact into the field of play.

you guys love drama
 Cool

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 03:46:21 AM

Darn it, Joe - there you go. Destroying a perfectly entertaining borderline paranoid delusional rant, by means of injecting some fact into the field of play.

you guys love drama
 Cool

Ironically, in RL I loathe it, but learnt to love to bomb online ever since I got fucked indirectly by the Bitcoinica fiasco, of which time I stumbled upon the BFL threads seeing shit that shouldn't have been occurring, but was. Now I'm waiting for the return of over $100K from InstaWallet that they were so kind to hold for me for the past four months.

Josh can't even come here and offer up a simple reply to the FCC cert issue, but he sure has a lotta time on his ass to pen post about me being the biggest piece of shit he's ever met.

And what did this piece of shit do to deserve such ridicule? Bring attention to misinformation, sometimes of which was in error, but always with the best interest of fellow bitcoiners in heart. What has Josh done to show that he has the same empathy for fellow bitcoiners? He goes on record and states that all on BitcoinTalk are monumental assholes.

How does Sonny reward Josh for making such a comment? Search this forum using the words Amen! and mantra.

I just noticed Joe's comment above. You know what I took away from it? It was written in a civil tone. Do you know how far that goes? A long motherfuckin' way!

If a mistake is made directed at an entity, then that entity comes around and shows civilly where the mistake was made, chances are not much more will come out of it. But if the same entity retorts by sticking it your ass, avoiding the main issue, then there's something amiss. That's the difference between Joe's Data Center and Josh/BFL.

With that, apologies Joe, though I never really believed that you were hiding anything. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of BFL, when they were givin' every opportunity to set the records straight. Image where they would be, and what they would be worth if only they had been straight with their fellow bitcoiners.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: