Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I too late to join the party?  (Read 3127 times)
Richard Flint (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:45:23 PM

Hey guys. Finally decided to get me some coins. I have about 10k to spare. any recommendations?
Meepospammer

Activity: 406
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:02:20 PM

If you have 10000$. It's better to buy ethereum. 2018 is the year of ethereum Smiley
Buying bitcoin next year wont give you alot of profit. It might increase in value but not twice its base.
Best of luck
roddy5

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:09:48 PM

If you have 10000$. It's better to buy ethereum. 2018 is the year of ethereum Smiley
Buying bitcoin next year wont give you alot of profit. It might increase in value but not twice its base.
Best of luck

How sure are you that next year is the year for ethereum? No one can tell if what will happen on the prices of the crypto currency. It will really depend on the demand that the coin will have. Bitcoin's price will continue to rise on the next years and I don't think that Ethereum will be able to go over it's rate in the next years.
tukiMiN

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:20:54 PM

I tend to advise to invest into bitcoin, because more and more bitcoins are accepted by a country and automatically increasingly guaranteed to increase.
but ETH and BCH are my second suggestion.

Meepospammer

Merit: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:23:54 PM

Best of luck

How sure are you that next year is the year for ethereum? No one can tell if what will happen on the prices of the crypto currency. It will really depend on the demand that the coin will have. Bitcoin's price will continue to rise on the next years and I don't think that Ethereum will be able to go over it's rate in the next years.

He's asking for a recommendation. And I think that recommending is base on ones knowledge so we might also call it an opinion. I do recommend ethereum because ethereum's system is better than bitcoin's. It just so happen that bitcoin is the first crypto to be acknowledge by the public giving it the edge over ethereum.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:26:24 PM

Best of luck
You don't know what the Bitcoin or Ethereum's value will do whatsoever and nobody does for that matter.
Bitcoin is a much safer option, especially now that it has dipped quite a bit.

OP, I'd advise you to invest 50% in Bitcoin and the other 50% in the next top 10 currencies by market cap. Or simply go all in on Bitcoin. You'll profit nevertheless.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:30:33 PM

Best of luck.

Yes, buying Ethereum can be a good investment as it can be poised for more growth in 2018...who knows it can double within the first 6 months next year (this is just my speculation and I am not good in predicting things). However, you need to also diversify so my advice is you also buy some Bitcoin as there would be more growth for the King of Coins next year. As always, do your own due diligence, gather all the facts and then decide...after that you need to pray that you made a good decision. Prepare for the roller coaster ride of your life with cryptocurrency. Good luck!
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:31:49 PM

Hey guys. Finally decided to get me some coins. I have about 10k to spare. any recommendations?

First recommendation or suggest is to , invest to bitcoin industry so you can have a better and good future , and the half of it spare it or invest it through ethereum , ethereum is other coin , or same as bitcoin , and then second is always monitor the price cause , bitcoin is unstable either it goes up or downs , and its never too late to join the party.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:34:39 PM

If those 10k is spare amount to you or you can afford to loss all of them or part of it than you can still buy bitcoin or crypto at current considerably high prices.

Crypto marketcap is still very low and there is still billions of $ which may get poured into bitcoin or crypto in near future. So don't keep waiting, start to invest in new digital gold.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:35:32 PM

Don't listen to the predictions of people who are all risky. No one has the truth and the only real way to invest is to find out about the projects yourself. The more you find out, the better your choice will be. And if it's not, you'll have learned something, rather than following stupidly people who don't know anything about it.
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:35:58 PM

Nope, we are just getting started!

Go with cyptocurrencies that have a unique characteristics that is profitable like Monero, ETH, Bitcoin, etc. But do not go with alts that is just a fork of bitcoin with no added value in it like bitcoin cash, or gold or any color and minerals appended to bitcoin or eth. Just be sure to study each crypto you want to invest, do your research diligently, and not just follow anyone.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:37:21 PM

if you are new to the crypto world then try to do your own research you are going to invest it in long or short,because there are different coins you need to choose based on the timing of your investment,I suggest you to invest on bitcoin and hold it for couple of years and you may get huge profits from bitcoins because some economist saying that bitcoin will hit $1M in 2020,so if you think it will reach then invest on bitcoin bro.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Darmanin

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Glab Trotter

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:41:08 PM

if you are aiming for the long term no you are not late, I think there is still a good profit to be made
AVAMONEY

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:46:32 PM

Stop looking for opinions, if you mean spare to invest, keep hold your bitcoin for now, because soon there will be forking again for bitcoin,

https://news.bitcoin.com/a-bitcoin-users-guide-on-coming-forked-coins/

Regardless successful or not, still many people will continue to buying bitcoin. Personally, I do believe and support in this fork for the purpose of good improvement, so that I will trust invest into bitcoin for the moment.
Later, in next month means 2018. You can opening up knowledge about some potential ico's projects, it is also good for investing.

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 03:48:11 PM

Best of luck

He's asking for a recommendation. And I think that recommending is base on ones knowledge so we might also call it an opinion. I do recommend ethereum because ethereum's system is better than bitcoin's. It just so happen that bitcoin is the first crypto to be acknowledge by the public giving it the edge over ethereum.

In regards to opinion, the other activities that one promotes should be considered as a gauge of how one's opinion is shaped.

Meepospammer here is promoting in his post signature an ICO that asks people go give sell their established Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc to buy a "P2PS ICO". Their website doesn't talk about what the P2P ICO token is, how its business model provides something tangible to the world.

This P2PS sounds like a ponzi scheme...would you trust the opinion of someone who supports a ponzi scheme?
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:53:10 PM

I think that for a beginner it is better to start with bitcoin. It is more secure for investment. To the beginner it will be difficult to understand all the variety of altcoins. Guess their behavior the first time is impossible. Bitcoin forgives those who committed the error and compensates for the loss of the subsequent increase in prices.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2091

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 03:54:36 PM

1) Learn how to securely store your coins and get a hardware wallet such as a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor. Not getting hacked is half the battle, the other battle is not getting scammed out of your coins, which brings me to:

2) Avoid ICOs and HYIPs like a plague.

3) I personally mostly stay away from alts since even the more innovative ones have failed to fully convince me (eg. ETH doesn't scale well either and has insecure smart contracts, BCH is just BTC with less features and bigger blocks, IOTA currently requires a central authority, XRP is fully centralized to begin with, LTC is just BTC with shorter block times and a different hashing algorithm...) but it might be a different story for you. Long term BTC has been the most reliable cryptocurrency so far, so I'd recommend starting with that.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:00:07 PM

If you look at the charts you will really know that it is not a good time at all to invest in bitcoin at this price,the price has blown out of proportion and you are a bit late when it comes to investment in bitcoin,the speculators are now aiming for fifty thousand dollars and the price might touch those figures some where down the line,there are many advises you will get on what coin to invest,you have to study the market yourself and invest in it rather than listening to anyone else.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:02:31 PM

Hi my dear friend try to avoid BITCOIN it will never be #1 currency i bought it yesterday I am still waiting for my transaction to confirm what ever it may be + fees are very high!!!

I hear that theres another aaltcoin IOTA or Bitcoin Cash look for these i will grab both of these 2, might buy Ethereum as well i hear good about it
Fr0zen_

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:06:05 PM

Best of luck

In regards to opinion, the other activities that one promotes should be considered as a gauge of how one's opinion is shaped.

Meepospammer here is promoting in his post signature an ICO that asks people go give sell their established Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc to buy a "P2PS ICO". Their website doesn't talk about what the P2P ICO token is, how its business model provides something tangible to the world.

This P2PS sounds like a ponzi scheme...would you trust the opinion of someone who supports a ponzi scheme?

I'm so tired of people throwing around the "Ponzi" moniker.  Why does this "sound like a Ponzi scheme"?  

I know nothing of this project, but a quick search reveals they have a team, significant media coverage and have put some thought into this beyond just scamming people as you have inferred above without any evidence.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2419138
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: