Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:47:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pixar Theory  (Read 909 times)
btceic (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 05:29:42 PM

http://jonnegroni.com/2013/07/11/the-pixar-theory/

Every Pixar movie is connected. I explain how, and possibly why. Several months ago, I watched a fun-filled video on Cracked.com that introduced the idea (at least to me) that all of the Pixar movies actually exist within the same universe. Since then, I’ve obsessed over this concept, working to complete what I call “The Pixar Theory,” a working narrative that ties all of the Pixar movies into one cohesive timeline with a main theme. This theory covers every Pixar production since Toy Story.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:50:03 PM

So basically he is doing pixar marketing for free?

Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:51:44 PM

I don't think he is, but he was able to convince me.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:15:36 PM

I'm not convinced. If the directors and creative powers at Pixar say it's the case, then I will be convinced.

It's a known fact that beginning with the founding of Pixar, their goal was to animate, and one of their tenets or principles is to imbue life into things which are not necessarily living, or human, anyway. Hence the cars, the robots, the toys, and so forth. Talking animals are popular due to the uncanny valley. Pixar has avoided humans, but slowly has been working towards human animation in more recent features.

Furthermore, Pixar loves easter eggs, hence the books and posters and other objects that are references to other Pixar movies.

And finally, Pixar is a company where the production of props is an expensive process. Reusing 3d models here and there is a win, both in terms of labor savings and in terms of easter eggs.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 07:50:08 PM

One of us doesn't understand the concept of easter eggs

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:19:57 PM

That would be you?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:23:05 PM

That would be you?
Wow calm down I'm talking about OP
Here, take some

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
FirstAscent

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 08:32:11 PM

That would be you?
Wow calm down I'm talking about OP

I'm the only one who mentioned Easter eggs here. Your post followed mine, both sequentially, and soon after mine in time. Your ambiguous response invited my retort. Maybe instead you could explain your take on the matter? I'm sure it would be interesting.

Now that you have clarified your stance, what I suspect you meant, in a nutshell, is this:

Easter eggs are just that, Easter eggs. They are not to be construed as some type of indication of continuity within a shared universe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: