Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:52:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Stabilizing At $20K  (Read 1321 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:17:14 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 07:35:35 AM by iamTom123

As Bitcoin is now considered as a legitimate asset or a store of value on the same level (or should I say higher?) as that of the physical gold, stocks, established international currencies like US Dollar and the likes as well as traditional derivatives, maybe it is time to celebrate for some pizza (see above) and some bottle of beer (see below).

With the introduction of the Bitcoin Futures, am wondering if there is a possibility that eventually Bitcoin would be stabilized at the $20,000 level for years all because the futures are putting the restraints and ceiling to its growth?  

Actually, I do not have any problem if that can be case...but do you think many would still be investing with Bitcoin when the rate can be stable? We all know that majority of us in Bitcoin are here all because we are speculators first and foremost.

What is your opinion on this scenario? Bur before that...let's have some beer first!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:26:33 AM

As Bitcoin is now considered as a legitimate asset or a store of value on the same level (or should I say higher?) as that of the physical gold, stocks, established international currencies like US Dollar and the likes as well as traditional derivatives, maybe it is time to celebrate for some pizza (see above) and some bottle of beer (see below).

With the introduction of the Bitcoin Futures, am wondering if there is a possibility that eventually Bitcoin would be stabilized at the $20,000 level for years all because the futures are putting the restraints and ceiling to its growth?  

Actually, I do not have any problem if that can be case...but do you think many would still be investing with Bitcoin when the rate can be stable? We all know that majority of us in Bitcoin are here all because we are speculators first and foremost.

What is your opinion on this scenario? Bur before that...let's have some beer first!

http://bitcoinreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/german-beer-bitcoin.jpg

Great question, very relevant.
Holders back in 2011, 2012 etc had no problem holding even when the price was stable for a while, because they truly believed in the original idea behind Bitcoin, and were thinking long term.
These days are perhaps not over yet, but let's be honest, there are loads of people now buying Bitcoin to make a quick profit, they don't understand the concept and will sell as soon as possible.
This is a personal opinion but I believe the drop in price last two days is due to big investors buying at 10,000 because of the hype, and selling at 15,000... I mean they know nothing about cryptos, but made a 50% profit in two weeks time, can you blame them?
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 07:49:18 AM

Dunno about 20k.

Like 3 weeks ago nobody would believe, that BTC could cross 10k before Christmas. and now we are at 18k... . You really can't tell what's going to happen in net 48 hours on this market.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
coolcountry

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:17:03 PM

I think $20K is too soon to stabilize. Honestly, I wasn't thinking that we wouldn't see $15K in 2017, now I'm thinking maybe $25K might be possible within this year. I'm thinking it's too early to talk about stabilization before $50K levels.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:07:51 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 11:00:50 AM by HasHe

If bitcoin price gets stabilized,then most of the investors would lose interest as most of the new investors just buy bitcoins to get quick profits.They totally differ from the early investors of 2011 who just bought bitcoins having trust in it and to use it for transaction purposes.Even the traders would lose interest if bitcoin price gets stabilized as they too make profits using the volatile nature of bitcoin.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:11:44 PM

Why you chose $20.000? Because it is a psychological level? or a beautiful value? Last days showed that Bitcoin price is no predictable.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:21:10 PM

If bitcoin price gets stabilized,then most of the investors would lose interest as most of the new investors just buy bitcoins to get quick profits.They totally differ from the early investors of 2011 who just bought bitcoins having trust in it and to use it for transaction purposes.

Exactly, volatility is the factor which up-brings Bitcoin to life and once that goes away many investors will lose their faith in it. Bitcoin may get stabilized which can lower the transaction fees but it will rush again either up or down both have equal chances. Bitcoin's price is subject to many factors so we can't determine upon only one thing to stabilize it. Bitcoin's turbulence is here to stay, how long ? it is hard to suspect. Bitcoin Futures might have the possibility of calming the prize, but nothings definite in that either.
junoreactor

Merit: 109

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:50:59 AM

If bitcoin price gets stabilized,then most of the investors would lose interest as most of the new investors just buy bitcoins to get quick profits.They totally differ from the early investors of 2011 who just bought bitcoins having trust in it and to use it for transaction purposes.

Exactly, volatility is the factor which up-brings Bitcoin to life and once that goes away many investors will lose their faith in it. Bitcoin may get stabilized which can lower the transaction fees but it will rush again either up or down both have equal chances. Bitcoin's price is subject to many factors so we can't determine upon only one thing to stabilize it. Bitcoin's turbulence is here to stay, how long ? it is hard to suspect. Bitcoin Futures might have the possibility of calming the prize, but nothings definite in that either.

If it can help the transaction fees it would be great.
Then it can lose its attractiveness to some investors when we get a more stable price, but also attract other kinds of investors, the ones who usually buy stocks, trade on stocks, are happy with a 10% profit over a period of six months (the "reasonable" investors), I mean especially when we know banks in US will probably now offer Bitcoin to their customers, that means more "average Joe" among the holders.

I think $20K is too soon to stabilize. Honestly, I wasn't thinking that we wouldn't see $15K in 2017, now I'm thinking maybe $25K might be possible within this year. I'm thinking it's too early to talk about stabilization before $50K levels.

Dunno about 20k.

Like 3 weeks ago nobody would believe, that BTC could cross 10k before Christmas. and now we are at 18k... . You really can't tell what's going to happen in net 48 hours on this market.

Why you chose $20.000? Because it is a psychological level? or a beautiful value? Last days showed that Bitcoin price is no predictable.

Your replies are all off topic if you took the time to read the questioning of the original poster.
Gategold

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:46 AM

Bitcoin price will never stable it will always fluctuatif because trader will always trade it in exchange. its not so good as currency for now but it is very good for long term investment. If you barve enough to hold it longer you will get big profit from bitcoin.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:58:08 AM

Obviously no doubt HIGHER !!!!

Well you know when bitcoins futures will be launched I do think that they won't let it stabilize at 20k$ well simply because they are in here to earn profit so the higher it gets the more beneficial it will be for them also its CME not some other company they think about their profit first then for someone else ..also I do have a doubt if the authorities will let that happen, the decentralization of the bitcoins could prove detremintal for it.. but yes if it becomes stable it would be wonderful! We can stop worrying about the downs and hold onto our bitcoins for a longer period of time, right now the senario is really superb the growth that bitcoins are accomplishing is really commendable lets hope that it keeps on increasing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:01:14 AM

Dunno about 20k.

yes, I agree with you, we do not know about bitcoin fluctuations, so I say that bitcoin always gives surprise to every lover.

killerfrost

Activity: 1974
Merit: 254

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 07:03:06 AM

I think that if Bitcoin is too stable and there is no fluctuation, no one will invest in it. Because it is unstable, people can make a profit from the differences. Otherwise, I think Bitcoin will soon reach 20k and may increase further but not this year. Probably next year will be a development year of Bitcoin as the platform gets more stable and more and more people know it, it will really grow.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:05:10 AM

Bitcoin price will never stable it will always fluctuatif because trader will always trade it in exchange. its not so good as currency for now but it is very good for long term investment. If you barve enough to hold it longer you will get big profit from bitcoin.
I think sometimes bitcoin is always stable, but more often fluctuations and unstable, as happened a few months ago, that bitcoin stabilized long enough in the figure of $ 10000.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:22:48 AM

I think there will still be investors even if the price of bitcoin become stable. It can be traded with different alt-coins, and you can still make a lot of profit from that. Even if you cannot make money directly from bitcoin because it does not surge anymore, you can still make a lot of money from pairs like eth/btc, ltc/btc or xem/btc.

And maybe more businesses will trust bitcoin and accept it is as a major mode of payment.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:28:08 AM

I think that if Bitcoin is too stable and there is no fluctuation, no one will invest in it. Because it is unstable, people can make a profit from the differences. Otherwise, I think Bitcoin will soon reach 20k and may increase further but not this year. Probably next year will be a development year of Bitcoin as the platform gets more stable and more and more people know it, it will really grow.
I agree with you, that bitcoin aka keeps fluctuating, maybe it will only be stable for a few days, and then it will fluctuate.
I see that today spreading bitcoin is on the rise, and I predict bitcoin in the next year will make great progress.

NeverSop

Activity: 518

HODL

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:48:03 AM

I think bitcoin will probably surpass $ 20,000 and reach $ 25,000 by the end of 2017. Bitcoin is listed on the US stock market, which has attracted investors and the public. This leads to a high volume of investment in bitcoin.

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:55:18 AM

Not sure if I see Bitcoin trying to become stable at $20,000. I think $20,000 will just be a stepping stone on the path to $25,000 then $30,000

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Mr.Smithers

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:02:40 AM

I am completely dumbfounded, why are you claiming that futures are putting a ceiling on bitcoin price growth? Why at 20k?

And why do you seem to suggest you can buy a beer for bitcoin? It is clearly not the case, as I am currently having a nice and large fee transaction that was there in the unconfirmed queue for more than 24 hours and normally the same fee tx gets confirmed within the very next block.  And in my opinion this is the very reason that the price may go deep down: when people realize that in reality they cannot do much with their bitcoin.
inturist

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:16:01 AM

Bitcoin is a sea of raging. Nobody knows where there will be a tyrant harbor on $20000 or $30000.
We will see and future will show  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

I think the bitcoin will never stabilize, because the trade keeps going and the transaction also goes on. and it makes the bitcoin will fluctuate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: