Version 1.2 released! This version added more checkpoints. It is not a mandatory upgrade, but it's better to upgrade to make the client more secure. Download links and source are updated. ElephantCoin (ELP) is the latest Litecoin-based crypto coin, uses Proof of Work. It combines the regular blocks with random super blocks (feature from Luckycoin). It has block target 20 seconds and zap fast transaction confirmation, it also supports transaction messages (feature originally introduced in Florincoin).Specifications:
- 20 seconds block time
- Difficulty retargets every 60 blocks, with accelerated diff retarget at the beginning to prevent instamining
- Total coins will be around 340 millions
- 3 confirmations for transaction, thus a zap fast 1 minute transaction confirmation
- 30 confirmations for minted blocks
- support transaction message
- 50 coins per block, and with following super random blocks:
- 1/100 chance, a random 100-500 coins block
- 1/2,000 chance (about twice a day), a random 1000-5000 coins block
- 1/30,000 chance (about once per week), a random 10000-20000 coins block
- The prize will be halved every 2 years.
- The default ports are 13808 (Connect) and 13809 (RPC).
- 0.4% premine, used for dev, support, giveaways, bounties etc.Website:http://elephantcoin.wordpress.com/Giveaway Thread:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256510.0Mining Pools:
Prop pool from kczusehttp://elp.botpool.net/
TreasureSeeker's p2pool:http://elephantcoin.treasurequarry.com:14777/static/Block Explorer:http://www.exploretheblocks.com/elephantcoin/block_crawler.phpExchanges:coins-e.com (trading with BTC):https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/ELP_BTC/cryptsy.com (trading with LTC):https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/93Download (Version 1.2):Windows Client Download:https://mega.co.nz/#
!MocnmB5Q!HkVYHGZOjM_t1cQDehJQpm39a18VfBb87s0R7A8ZnN8Source Code Download:https://github.com/elephantcoin/elephantcoinSample elephantcoin.conf:
1. Start up elephantcoin-qt, wait for it to load, then exit.
2. Put elephantcoin.conf (see sample file above) in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/AppData/Roaming/ElephantCoin
3. restart elephantcoin-qt, and you should connect and sync.
4. For solo mining, launch cgminer or the mining program you use and begin mining.
cgminer ex: cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:13809 -u **yourusername** -p **password** (without **)
Put this elephant logo with you...