Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:46:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ElephantCoin - ELP | PoW with Superblocks | Please Upgrade to Version 1.2  (Read 74715 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:18:04 AM

This coin continues to be popular. A listing on cryptsy would be nice. Its a lot better than some of the coins listed so far IMO and there would be a lot more volume traded than Ive seen for some other listings.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darksoft

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 10:18:28 AM

And continues to drop further and further down the list... it's the premine killing us...
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 12:55:52 PM

And continues to drop further and further down the list... it's the premine killing us...
then don't mine it, no one asked you to mine it.

there are even newly launched coin with 7.5 mil premine, comparing with it this coin can be regarded as no premine coin, lol. The moral of the alt coin goes from bad to worse, it's full of greedy there.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 02:38:47 PM

then don't mine it, no one asked you to mine it.

there are even newly launched coin with 7.5 mil premine, comparing with it this coin can be regarded as no premine coin, lol. The moral of the alt coin goes from bad to worse, it's full of greedy there.

Don't try to bring logic into the Elephantcoin thread. The exchange operators keep bumping ELP down the list because of the premine (literally the only reason it wasn't listed 2+ weeks ago) but when you explain it to people everyone jumps all over you.

"No one asked you to mine it" - what a douchebag thing to say. It's a bunch of immature kids mining ELP now.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
lazlopanaflex

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 02:46:44 PM

Another issue with this coin is that there's only one shitty pushpool available.

G2A.com: Best site on the web for cheap PC games. Bitcoin accepted! https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5772bce920be5
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 03:11:49 PM

Another issue with this coin is that there's only one shitty pushpool available.

Although it seems to get the job done. There just aren't enough people mining ELP to justify running a pool, really. It's also really easy to solo-mine (with the added bonus of getting 100% of any found superblocks/etc.) If you have even 1000 KH/s you can find a block every 3-4 minutes right now solo-mining. The strange community and the premine have put this coin on life-support...but if it survives the people that continued to mine it will be glad they did.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 04:24:32 PM

FYI, if you're solo-mining, remember to add the pushpool as a backup. Honestly, I wish more coins had a reliable pushpool -- underrated.

lazlopanaflex

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 05:40:59 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2013, 06:07:05 PM by lazlopanaflex

FYI, if you're solo-mining, remember to add the pushpool as a backup. Honestly, I wish more coins had a reliable pushpool -- underrated.

Q, what would cause a block to be rejected (mining solo)?

(edit: nevermind, Google is my friend)

G2A.com: Best site on the web for cheap PC games. Bitcoin accepted! https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5772bce920be5
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:14:00 PM

I really dont understand this anti-premine mentality. Its like the Redcoin 1m coin pre-mine - cryptsy sees it as a con yet I have nearly 1m RED myself just from mining and spending a few $$. Besides that, about half of the pre-mine has already been spent on services. Yet release a coin with no pre-mine and no services, hence no value attached to the coin whatsoever, and cryptsy will list it. From now on, Im going to buy any non pre-mined coins from coins-e by the bucketload and dump them all on cryptsy when their listed. Im still holding 1m goldcoins I bought cheap from coins-e to do just that once the price is good  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 09:13:28 PM

I really dont understand this anti-premine mentality. Its like the Redcoin 1m coin pre-mine - cryptsy sees it as a con yet I have nearly 1m RED myself just from mining and spending a few $$. Besides that, about half of the pre-mine has already been spent on services. Yet release a coin with no pre-mine and no services, hence no value attached to the coin whatsoever, and cryptsy will list it. From now on, Im going to buy any non pre-mined coins from coins-e by the bucketload and dump them all on cryptsy when their listed. Im still holding 1m goldcoins I bought cheap from coins-e to do just that once the price is good  Grin

Well if the premine is reinvested into services/etc it isn't as big of a con. For example, Cryptogenic Bullion was added to Cryptsy early despite the modest premine...but they keep a public ledger and have giveaways/contests all the time. For example, I was recently paid out for changing a couple settings and entering the logo contest. You can see exactly where everything is going without any secrecy via the ledger.

With Elephantcoin, nearly 25% of the coins out there right now were premined and there are very few services out there (like was mentioned earlier in the thread, the only pool is a pushpool averaging around 5 MH/s.) There is no public ledger...and the dev never defends the premine (other than responding with anger when anybody questions it.) The dev isn't interested in helping out the ELP community (and in turn, himself) -- he would rather ride it out and hope that once ELP has some real value he can dump all of the coins he premined to make a quick buck. It's obvious the dev premined this coin strictly for profit. Have you noticed how defensive everybody is when anybody mentions the premine? They're likely in the dev's backpocket.

When all of these new fair-release coins are rolling out with better features it's hard to justify adding a heavily premined coin that hasn't really done anything significant since launch. The further along things go the less the premine will matter...but if we're being honest it's only a small group of people mining ELP and waiting to dump it at the first real opportunity (me being one of them.)

I suggested earlier in this thread that the ELP dev create a public ledger and start handing out bounties for some cool services/etc to add value to the coin and make it more attractive to mine, use, and list on exchanges. Everybody in this thread jumped all over me for it...which is right around the time I gave up on fighting for this coin. If it survives, great...but with the attitudes in here I'm thinking it's probably toast.

Like I've always said, a large premine is senseless now because it devalues (or even kills) the value of the coin! If the premine would have been half as much, ELP would probably be on Cryptsy right now and trading for 5 times as much as it's trading for on Coins-E. These devs just don't think it through and refuse to do anything to better their position. I'll probably get a dozen angry responses to this honest, no-nonsense post.

Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 09:47:48 PM

I really dont understand this anti-premine mentality. Its like the Redcoin 1m coin pre-mine - cryptsy sees it as a con yet I have nearly 1m RED myself just from mining and spending a few $$. Besides that, about half of the pre-mine has already been spent on services. Yet release a coin with no pre-mine and no services, hence no value attached to the coin whatsoever, and cryptsy will list it. From now on, Im going to buy any non pre-mined coins from coins-e by the bucketload and dump them all on cryptsy when their listed. Im still holding 1m goldcoins I bought cheap from coins-e to do just that once the price is good  Grin

Well if the premine is reinvested into services/etc it isn't as big of a con. For example, Cryptogenic Bullion was added to Cryptsy early despite the modest premine...but they keep a public ledger and have giveaways/contests all the time. For example, I was recently paid out for changing a couple settings and entering the logo contest. You can see exactly where everything is going without any secrecy via the ledger.

With Elephantcoin, nearly 25% of the coins out there right now were premined and there are very few services out there (like was mentioned earlier in the thread, the only pool is a pushpool averaging around 5 MH/s.) There is no public ledger...and the dev never defends the premine (other than responding with anger when anybody questions it.) The dev isn't interested in helping out the ELP community (and in turn, himself) -- he would rather ride it out and hope that once ELP has some real value he can dump all of the coins he premined to make a quick buck. It's obvious the dev premined this coin strictly for profit. Have you noticed how defensive everybody is when anybody mentions the premine? They're likely in the dev's backpocket.

When all of these new fair-release coins are rolling out with better features it's hard to justify adding a heavily premined coin that hasn't really done anything significant since launch. The further along things go the less the premine will matter...but if we're being honest it's only a small group of people mining ELP and waiting to dump it at the first real opportunity (me being one of them.)

I suggested earlier in this thread that the ELP dev create a public ledger and start handing out bounties for some cool services/etc to add value to the coin and make it more attractive to mine, use, and list on exchanges. Everybody in this thread jumped all over me for it...which is right around the time I gave up on fighting for this coin. If it survives, great...but with the attitudes in here I'm thinking it's probably toast.

Like I've always said, a large premine is senseless now because it devalues (or even kills) the value of the coin! If the premine would have been half as much, ELP would probably be on Cryptsy right now and trading for 5 times as much as it's trading for on Coins-E. These devs just don't think it through and refuse to do anything to better their position. I'll probably get a dozen angry responses to this honest, no-nonsense post.

Ok I wasnt aware the ELP pre-mine was being with-held though I havent seen many services offered for it either so cryptsy is justified in not listing it as yet, however there have been other coins that have been pre-mined and they have been listed recently. Theres just no consistency.

bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:28:00 AM

Ok I wasnt aware the ELP pre-mine was being with-held though I havent seen many services offered for it either so cryptsy is justified in not listing it as yet, however there have been other coins that have been pre-mined and they have been listed recently. Theres just no consistency.

People keep saying this, but other than the ORB mistake (which was quickly rectified) which other coins have recently been listed on Cryptsy where 25% or more of the coins in circulation were premined and there is no public ledger or services to show for them?

monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:30:20 PM

I mined ELP and I will continue mine it, I don't care what people say about premine. It sounds soooo stupid to me, if you hate so much about premine, go away, period. No one ever asked you to mine it.

Everyone understands that by any standard, this is just an average premined coin to the worst. There are many coins premined much more than this (like a recent one premined 7.5 mil), so there's no point to discuss over and over the premine for ELP, simply sound very stupid to me, someone is a jerk.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
bholzer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:16:29 PM

if you hate so much about premine, go away, period. No one ever asked you to mine it.

This is what I mean -- this is the only altcoin I've seen where almost every response looks like this. Very strange. "Go away. Don't mine it. Nobody asked you to mine elephant!!!11"

I already mined it -- a lot of it. Then I realized just how significant the premine was after speaking with the operators of the exchanges and also a developer I was going to start an ELP-centric service with. Nobody had any interest in this coin because of the premine. It isn't like I'm the only one that thinks the premine is holding ELP back. So you can tell me not to mine it all day long (and I'm not mining it...so don't worry about it -- get some sleep tonight) but I already dedicated a lot of time/resources to mining ELP early-on. I'm trying to get the community to rally to convince the dev to at least create a public ledger so we can see where the premined coins are going. If they're going to good use, it's fine by me. If they're simply being hoarded for profit then there is an issue.

If you're against me, then you're against the survival of this coin. If nothing changes, it will almost certainly die.

flyingcat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:13:54 PM

you are the survival of this coin? bullshit, and get out of here. I have buy orders at coins-e.com, if you don't like ELP, dump it there.

Keeping saying and re-saying premine in this coin does not help your cause, and I agree with many that this coin by no mean the bad in the premine world. I am mining it as well, I don't care who said what on it.

BTW, there's a button called "ignore", it is good time to make use of it.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
monocolor

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 04:20:30 PM

Agree, used "ignore" button, this way it's much easier to read the thread than going through these long and useless paragraphs. Very few jerks like this in the forum, but good suggestions to skip them Wink

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:29:49 PM

Nah, they listed orbit, that had like a premine that dwarfs the premine of all other coins put together and that got on there in a couple of days.  Just need to bribe them. Get a bribe pot put together if you want to see it listed and contribute to it.

They are a business like any other, want to make money. Bribe them and the exchange will have it listed in no time.

number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 04:39:49 PM

Maybe, but I think ELP will be listed early or late in cryptsy. I mined ELP and will mine it from time to time, of course it is not the only coin I mine, but It's a stable and interesting one to mine for sure. I see ELP is much similar to Fastcoin, which is one of the consistent most profitable coins in the exchange.
monocolor

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 01:02:14 AM

Yes still mine it, it's good time now

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄