Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:19:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GIL needs team members  (Read 4168 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:42:03 PM

If this gets into the Final Fantasy crowd, SquareEnix will find out and you're going to get sued for profiting off of a trademarked name. The second any exchange adds it, you can kiss them and their entire website goodbye

If you don't think it's copyrighted, then you need to reread up on the subject

The word GIL is not trademarked, I looked, nor is the likeness of a giant yellow bird. I guess CAPs should probably watch out?

It's your ass, not mine. Chocobos and their likeness are also covered, yes. They have already sued people over the chocobo name and image.  I couldn't care less if you think you're right, but you're not. I warned you, that's all I care to do.

I just hope no exchange is stupid enough to try and fight a multi-billion dollar company in legal battles

Proof?
And I'm sorry, how many thousands of websites, already sell MMO currency, items, accounts, ect?

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:42:47 PM

Why not just mine bitcoins when you're offline and give bitcoins to farmers and skip the middleman?

This.  The idea that a coin is needed for every particular activity is silly.
More: it is utterly silly, it totally defines the purpose of money!
The whole point of money is acting as a common base unit...

Than I guess they should not have made it open sourced.
Now, I'm not forcing GIL on you, and it does have some interest from the community, so, if you don't have anything productive to add, kindly fuck off.

Anything productive? Lol, I just warned you on your biggest obstacle, but again, you take the side of stupid. Back to ignore with you, I guess

Pretty sure that wasn't your post I quoted

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 07:57:19 PM

If this gets into the Final Fantasy crowd, SquareEnix will find out and you're going to get sued for profiting off of a trademarked name. The second any exchange adds it, you can kiss them and their entire website goodbye

The word GIL is not trademarked, I looked, nor is the likeness of a giant yellow bird. I guess CAPs should probably watch out?

It's your ass, not mine. Chocobos and their likeness are also covered, yes. They have already sued people over the chocobo name and image.  I couldn't care less if you think you're right, but you're not. I warned you, that's all I care to do.

I just hope no exchange is stupid enough to try and fight a multi-billion dollar company in legal battles

Proof?
And I'm sorry, how many thousands of websites, already sell MMO currency, items, accounts, ect?

Thats the third time someone has accused my of violating copyrights, without posting any sort of reference to back it up. If you don't have a specific resource to back up your cliam, please stop spreading fud, thanks

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 08:07:07 PM

Proof?

Thats the third time someone has accused my of violating copyrights, without posting any sort of reference to back it up. If you don't have a specific resource to back up your cliam, please stop spreading fud, thanks

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/02/14_01.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/square-enix-files-federal-lawsuit-against-alleged-infringers-of-final-fantasy-franchise-56902267.html

You're so stupid. Back to ignore for good this time, I don't know why I'm even trying to help your retarded ass

pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 08:34:09 PM

I'm on board this GIL Train! Cheesy

What ya need boss?
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:57:40 PM

I'm on board this GIL Train! Cheesy

What ya need boss?
I guess he needs some stupid people to follow his idiotic lead.

Are you sure you're up to the task?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 11:04:46 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2013, 11:35:35 PM by Hydroponica

It's your ass, not mine. Chocobos and their likeness are also covered, yes. They have already sued people over the chocobo name and image.  I couldn't care less if you think you're right, but you're not. I warned you, that's all I care to do.

Proof?

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/02/14_01.html

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/square-enix-files-federal-lawsuit-against-alleged-infringers-of-final-fantasy-franchise-56902267.html

You're so stupid. Back to ignore for good this time, I don't know why I'm even trying to help your retarded ass

I haven't used any Square Enix logo's, so....Where's the part that says they own the word GIL?Huh
I am not manufacturing any merchandise. I'm starting by merely exchanging 1 digital currency for another, and re-selling gametime cards...If I were to start carrying FF merchandise, I would purchased such, that is licensed legally by Square Enix, and resell it for GIL....Those articles don't apply to anything I'm doing, unless I'm missing something here.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2013, 11:20:57 AM

Could have contated me.
I can help, depending on what you need  Wink

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 01:41:19 PM

Looking for someone, who would be interested in designing and managing a Steam store, that accepts both GIL and MST. I can't afford to pay anything, to get this done, but, if you design and operate it, there's profit to be made, I don't expect any profits to go in my pockets, I gain, by having my coins gain popularity and value.

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:28:26 PM

Roll Eyes
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:32:37 PM

Roll Eyes

Elaborate?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

Roll Eyes

Grin god i love you guys.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
shakezula

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:28:15 PM

Well, lets see, first up--it shouldn't be a shit fest to ask for some help. All of you bitchers and whiners should let the man have his fun. If you don't like GIL, don't mine it. If you don't like Hydroponica, ignore him.

Next, Square Enix may not have trademarked the word "GIL," but you ARE breaking their EULA, plain and simple.

You do not have any property rights in the service account you use to play the Game (“FINAL FANTASY  Service Account”). YOU ACQUIRE NO OWNERSHIP OR PROPERTY RIGHTS IN ANY CHARACTER OR OTHER IN-GAME VIRTUAL GOOD, AND ARE ONLY LICENSED TO USE SUCH CHARACTERS AND ASSETS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR FINAL FANTASY SERVICE ACCOUNT SUBJECT TO THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENTS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR FINAL FANTASY SERVICE ACCOUNT AND ANY VIRTUAL GOODS AND CHARACTERS DO NOT HAVE ANY MONETARY VALUE. SQUARE ENIX MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE FINAL FANTASY XI SERVICE ACCOUNTS, CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS, OR THE SERVICE ALTOGETHER, AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY TO YOU.

oh and then there's this gem:

2.2 Real Money Trading, Farming and Power-Leveling. You may not sell, purchase or exchange for real-world money or value any in-game currency, accounts, characters, in-game services, or in-game virtual items. You may not play the Game for the purpose of acquiring virtual items or advancement in game play on behalf of a third-party or for the purpose of selling any virtual assets to a third party for real-world money, specifically including “gold-farming” and power-leveling services. 2.3 Commercial Use. You may not exploit the Game for any commercial purpose (for example, advertising any product or service in-game, or use by the operator of a cyber café) without SQUARE ENIX’s prior written consent.

and one more:

3.5 Naming Right. You may not use any name or other intellectual property belonging to SQUARE ENIX or any other third party in your use of the Game (for example, naming a character after a celebrity, company, product, or superhero).

So simply by trying to monetize "GIL" vs. BTC, I'm pretty certain Square Enix has a right to slam the door in your face. If SE wanted you to be able to "mine" a cryptocurrency and trade for in-game resources, they would have designed their system that way. You can try to be a middle man if you like, but unless you're already lawyered up, you might think twice. I won't even mention how you already cashed out on GIL when it got listed at Cryptsy, so you could already be in violation of their EULA. To be fair, yes, I'd say BottleCaps has a problem too considering their use of graphics, but the term "bottlecap" is much more generic than "gil," so image copyright aside...

Last but not least, can we all stop picking sides? Guess this goes back around to the first point (and the reason I'm not sharing my future works here directly). You're all so apt to jump on something and bitch about it. YES, these clones are mostly worthless (GIL included, sorry but its true--but that doesn't mean they aren't fun and isn't that what this *should* be about?).  YES, we all know how you all feel about them, its a broken record on both sides though. Endless clones, endless bitching.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:41:35 PM

I won't even mention how you already cashed out on GIL when it got listed at Cryptsy, so you could already be in violation of their EULA.

Get your facts straight, asshole, I haven't cashed out, I've been buying GIL.

Do you have any idea, how many websites exist on the internet, dealing in MMO currency, items, leveling, ect? Square Enix is going to come after me, instead of the other thousand websites that do it, simply because I made my own currency? It's not damaging to Sony Entertainment, in any ways. Infact, MMO's don't actually give a fuck, about real world money transactions, in the long run, it's more customers, which = more money, the EULA, is simply to hold up appearances, for the whiny, hardcore MMO players, who think that everyone should quit their jobs, move into mom's basement, and do nothing but play WoW 24 hours a day. Not that the EULA applies to real life anyways, what are they going to do? Ban me from FF XIV?

shakezula

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

I won't even mention how you already cashed out on GIL when it got listed at Cryptsy, so you could already be in violation of their EULA.

Wow, figures that'd be the part you picked out of there. I was in the trollbox when you dropped some the first night and said, "Not a big dump, just enough to cover my hosting." I try to be fairly neutral so WHATEVER. If you can cash out a bit then more power to you!

Your tone on these coins has changed so much over the last couple months.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 03:46:19 PM

Wow, figures that'd be the part you picked out of there. I was in the trollbox when you dropped some the first night and said, "Not a big dump, just enough to cover my hosting." I try to be fairly neutral so WHATEVER. If you can cash out a bit then more power to you!

A screenshot would be nice, for starters?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

Final Fantasy 7 sits in my top 3 games I've played of all times (I say top 3 so I don't have to choose #1 Cheesy) and I did really like this concept when I saw the launch. Unfortunately I really do believe you have a serious copyright battle ahead of you. Like if GIL gets big enough Square Enix can just copyright Gil and come after you can't they? Also I'm quite sure that when advertising GIL, regardless if they own the rights to "Gil", making references to FF in the advertisements is using their likeness to market your product. You're absolute biggest fail was in the launch thread:

I thought this coin was a good concept but the execution was not done right. Not trying to troll or put you down. Again I thought it was a really cool idea but there's already been too much reference to Square Enix trademarks at launch which can't really be taken back now that it was done this way.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:14:54 PM

A screenshot would be nice, for starters?

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 04:18:50 PM

Final Fantasy 7 sits in my top 3 games I've played of all times (I say top 3 so I don't have to choose #1 Cheesy) and I did really like this concept when I saw the launch. Unfortunately I really do believe you have a serious copyright battle ahead of you. Like if GIL gets big enough Square Enix can just copyright Gil and come after you can't they? Also I'm quite sure that when advertising GIL, regardless if they own the rights to "Gil", making references to FF in the advertisements is using their likeness to market your product. You're absolute biggest fail was in the launch thread:

I thought this coin was a good concept but the execution was not done right. Not trying to troll or put you down. Again I thought it was a really cool idea but there's already been too much reference to Square Enix trademarks at launch which can't really be taken back now that it was done this way.

The only questionable thing, is that splash image, and that is being changed, in a coming client update.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:44:19 PM

So we have MasterCoin, we have GIL, what's next?

Exxocoin?

Eurodollars?

Metal scraps?

WOW?

seems legit.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: