Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:13:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Fork Bitcoin?  (Read 710 times)
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:49:36 AM

Pathetic!

What kind of a person would start a thread titled "How to fork bitcoin?" and say "I don't have any coding knowledge". And here we are , replying to you. Things have truly gone down here..
Well, lets just give you the benefit of doubt. Do you care to elaborate what exactly you want to accomplish by this?

My guess is that either you are a teenager who maybe wants to impress your peers or you are one of those shameless scammers who think that they can start something with the name of bitcoin attached to it and then dupe the masses with it. That is truly and undoubtedly pathetic.

I hate scammers. And i suppose anyone who tries to earn a decent living and contribute something hates them too. Why in hell do people plan so elaborately to make a fool out of gullible people and take away their hard-earned money?? :-( I suppose these people don't have a conscience and a soul.. Undecided

Anyways, I get how stupid this is but just want to know whats your side of the story??

Are you really evaluating my personality to my thread title? And how do you think that I am gonna "make a fool out of gullible people and take away their hard-earned money"? I am not going to make any fucking ICO or fucking sell cryptocurrency. I JUST want to make hard fork to Bitcoin and yeah I DON'T HAVE ANY CODING KNOWLEDGE. Now if you're not helping me, mind your own fucking business please.

Its not just the title. You continued to demonstrate certain traits in your responses too. Well, I've put it into bold for you now. Care to elaborate??

People here are nice. Look at all the people giving you pointers.

Look at the response from nullius for how it makes people feel when you say "I want to make a hard fork and yeah I DON'T HAVE ANY CODING KNOWLEDGE". Its like saying "I want to screw around just because I can". That is stupid. Some people call stupid when they see it.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

How does the fork affect BTC price?

If its not significant fork it doesn't affect price much, first fork was ugly and scary one where bitcoin cash was created because you had many supporters of both of them with many people supporting one another. But see with bitcoin gold and we hear about other forks which are really meaningless to the bitcoin it self. I think that people want forks since then you can drag down people to that fork and directly tie them to owning some of that hard forked bitcoins, whereas with new altcoin it will take longer time to convince people to even buy it in the first place.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 09:13:57 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2017, 09:24:21 PM by nullius

Look at the response from nullius for how it makes people feel when you say "I want to make a hard fork and yeah I DON'T HAVE ANY CODING KNOWLEDGE". Its like saying "I want to screw around just because I can". That is stupid. Some people call stupid when they see it.

More like, “I want to screw around, but I can’t, because I don’t know how to screw; so somebody must do it for me, BECAUSE I WANT IT.”

I myself wish to build a spaceship out of beer cans.  I have not the slightest idea of how to do this.  Yeah, I DON’T HAVE ANY BEER-CAN-AEROSPACE KNOWLEDGE.  Now if you’re not helping me, mind your own #@!& business please.

How does the fork affect BTC price?

If its not significant fork it doesn't affect price much, first fork was ugly and scary one where bitcoin cash was created because you had many supporters of both of them with many people supporting one another. But see with bitcoin gold and we hear about other forks which are really meaningless to the bitcoin it self. I think that people want forks since then you can drag down people to that fork and directly tie them to owning some of that hard forked bitcoins, whereas with new altcoin it will take longer time to convince people to even buy it in the first place.

https://medium.com/@lukeparker/the-trust-attack-a6241a08a9cd

Though it should go without saying, I expect Bitcoin Supersonic Bomb to have a market impact equal to the effect of spitting at the ocean.  If our hapless wannabe forker ever actually figures out how to fork, that is.

Neurocrypt

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:22:24 AM

Good to be here I am hoping to find good interesting answers and support
supersoniccoinbomb (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

You will need Ubuntu 14.04 x64 to compile the latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1

Code:
//Cross Compile Windows Binaries For SoniCoin
//Ubuntu 14.04 x64
//CPU: 8 vCore
//RAM: 32768 MB

// Update and upgrade
sudo apt-get -y update; sudo apt-get -y upgrade
//reboot the server

// Install dependencies
sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake autotools-dev build-essential curl g++-mingw-w64-i686 g++-mingw-w64-x86-64 git libboost-all-dev libevent-dev libprotobuf-dev libprotobuf-java libssl-dev libtool libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 libqrencode-dev libqt5gui5 mingw-w64-i686-dev mingw-w64-x86-64-dev pkg-config protobuf-compiler qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools
//reboot the server

// Create working directory
mkdir github; cd github

//Download and install Berkeley DB 4.8
wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
sudo make install
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8 /usr/include/db4.8
sudo ln -s /usr/include/db4.8/include/* /usr/include
sudo ln -s /usr/include/db4.8/lib/* /usr/lib

cd ~/github
git clone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin
cd bitcoin
git checkout master

// Read the code and make your changes to the name, supply, mining reward etc.
// Change the name of the coin - SoniCoin and rename all bitcoin and Bitcoin entries to sonicoin and SoniCoin
// as well as, for example BTC - BTS, Btc - Bts, btc - bts, bitcoin-cli - sonicoin-cli, bitcoin-tx => sonicoin-tx
// bitcoin-qt => sonicoin-qt, and all references to Bitcoin, except for the copyright notices.

cd depends

make HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32 -j4

cd ../src/secp256k1
libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
automake --force-missing --add-missing
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32

cd ../univalue
libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32

cd ~/github/bitcoin/
nano build-aux/m4/bitcoin_find_bdb48.m4
Find the following line -> bdbdirlist="$bdbdirlist ${_pfx}db${_vn}"
Replace the line with -> bdbdirlist= "/github/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix"

libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
autoconf
./configure --prefix=$PWD/depends/x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-gui=qt5 --enable-tests=no --disable-gui-tests --disable-bench
make -k HOST=x86_64-w64-mingw32 -j4

make clean

//The compiled binaries:
/github/bitcoin/src/bitcoind.exe
/github/bitcoin/src/bitcoin-cli.exe
/github/bitcoin/src/bitcoin-tx.exe
/github/bitcoin/src/qt/bitcoin-qt.exe

That's it SoniCoin Core: 0.15.1 is born.

You should rather not proceed with the creation of this coin if you do not understand the information above and I would suggest that you read about the difference between cloning a coin and making it your own and creating a fork.

May the odds be in your favor!

H.

You can compile it using linux in virtualbox on any OS, however.

Now you will need a Github account and Ubuntu 14.04 x64 to install and run the new Sonicoin Core: 0.15.1

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04 x64 SoniCoin 0.15.0.1"

// Go to Github and create a Github account then upload SoniCoin 0.15.0.1

echo "Upgrade server."
sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt-get -y upgrade
sudo apt-get -y autoremove
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev
sudo apt-get -y install bsdmainutils libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev
sudo apt-get -y install libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev git
sudo apt-get -y install software-properties-common

echo "Create swap file."
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/myswap.swap bs=M count=4000
mkswap /mnt/myswap.swap
swapon /mnt/myswap.swap
sed -i '$a /mnt/myswap.swap none swap sw 0 0' /etc/fstab

echo "Download Berkley4.8. do not change this to sonicoin"
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

echo "Download SoniCoin 0.15.0.1"
git clone https://github.com/sonicoin/sonicoin
cd sonicoin
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install
cd

echo "Create conf file"
mkdir -p ~/.sonicoin
touch ~/.sonicoin/sonicoin.conf

# JSON-RPC options (for controlling a running Sonicoin/sonicoind process)

# server=1 tells Sonicoin-qt to accept JSON-RPC commands.
server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=rpcusername
rpcpassword=rpcpassword

# By default, only RPC connections from localhost are allowed.
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

# Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port:
rpcport=<what ever you changed it to>

" > ~/.sonicoin/sonicoin.conf
sleep 3
clear

echo "Start server"
sonicoind -server -daemon
sleep 15
watch 'sonicoinn-cli getblockcount'

May the odds be in your favor!

H.

Thank you for your kindness.
centauruspages

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:03:34 PM

You will need to start from ground zero for this. You need to have a larger or a more powerful hash mechanism or system. You need to build it up again to be able to make your own fork.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: