Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good choice buying Litecoin?  (Read 1344 times)
Talbot49 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:53:07 PM

Hey guys,

Ive been into bitcoin since 2013, sold at 1k but recently got back on the bandwagon when it hit 10k.. I'm really confident that since alot of traders with alot of money now have their eyes on BTC, the value should keep increasing. I think that long term though, some altcoins have better potential for being use for everyday transactions so I invested in a couple of alt as well, including ripple and waves. I remember litecoin from 2013, it always looked like bitcoin junior, following bitcoin price, but never looked into it, didnt think it had an extra value added to it.. But now I'm seeing the value is going up even faster than bitcoin so I decided to buy it at 210$ because I think that since bitcoin is getting alot more exposure, the coin people will fall on if they don't want to buy 0.00X amount of btc, they will go for his little brother Litecoin. Did I buy too high? I sold XMR for Litecoin.. Is that a good decision? I heard alot of great thing about XMR but Litecoin is on alot of top 5 alt list and is just going wild so didnt feel like missing out.

Thanks in advance for your inputs
exadex.org

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 12:06:20 AM

Something is going on with the Litecoin price at the moment, so it might have been the right decision, at least short-term.

There are some coins, that offer a lot more functionality than just transfering that coin. This is for example Ethereum, Waves, Nxt (and Ardor in a few weeks) and BitShares. You can create tokens, hold and trade assets and much more. Those coins will have a future in my opinion.

In the long term it might neither be Bitcoin nor Litecoin that will be used as a global payment system. Nobody knows. XMR provides more anonymity than Bitcoin, so it might have a future.

Huskerz1

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:13:39 AM

Yep.  Something is going on with LTC alright.  It's called being undervalued for too long.  Sure it's tied to BTC but it is still an undervalued coin.  LTC will compete with BTH.  That fight is coming. 
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:16:22 AM

If you compare the market caps and supply of both coins, Litecoin has some catching up to do.

16,735,112 BTC   vs 54,261,233 LTC
$16,963.00   vs $215.15   

Do the math.

rwrayen1

Activity: 135
Merit: 16

i love btc

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:19:28 AM

yes ltc is great but eth is better

join the top invest company: http://etoro-miners.uk/
LastBlockMined

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

Hey guys,

Ive been into bitcoin since 2013, sold at 1k but recently got back on the bandwagon when it hit 10k.. I'm really confident that since alot of traders with alot of money now have their eyes on BTC, the value should keep increasing. I think that long term though, some altcoins have better potential for being use for everyday transactions so I invested in a couple of alt as well, including ripple and waves. I remember litecoin from 2013, it always looked like bitcoin junior, following bitcoin price, but never looked into it, didnt think it had an extra value added to it.. But now I'm seeing the value is going up even faster than bitcoin so I decided to buy it at 210$ because I think that since bitcoin is getting alot more exposure, the coin people will fall on if they don't want to buy 0.00X amount of btc, they will go for his little brother Litecoin. Did I buy too high? I sold XMR for Litecoin.. Is that a good decision? I heard alot of great thing about XMR but Litecoin is on alot of top 5 alt list and is just going wild so didnt feel like missing out.

Thanks in advance for your inputs

I don't think LTC will reach any major $ of the current one for a couple of months.
ModGrip

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:23:49 AM

^ What he said. Beyond BTC and LTC, Eth (and Deep Onion IMO) have substance beyond just being stores of value and for me there is value in that so I'm happy to support it (them) regardless of the $$$.
Talbot49 (OP)

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:36:23 AM

If you compare the market caps and supply of both coins, Litecoin has some catching up to do.

16,735,112 BTC   vs 54,261,233 LTC
$16,963.00   vs $215.15   

Do the math.

XMR have 15,449,232 supply though

We obv can't compare only on supply, but I'm basically hesitating between going for LTC or XMR, considering I'm probably gonna hold these for a while, not looking for speculation.

DogaMKD

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:50:30 AM

Yep.  Something is going on with LTC alright.  It's called being undervalued for too long.  Sure it's tied to BTC but it is still an undervalued coin.  LTC will compete with BTH.  That fight is coming. 
[/quote ]
I remember last year November LTC was 3.50$ Thinking to buy some, Monero was 4$ Eth was 8$ i didnt buy any of those, Cheesy such a mistake. Now i am trying to invest wisely but those possibilities r gone.
AboeHoeraira

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:54:35 AM

Yep.  Something is going on with LTC alright.  It's called being undervalued for too long.  Sure it's tied to BTC but it is still an undervalued coin.  LTC will compete with BTH.  That fight is coming.  

I remember last year November LTC was 3.50$ Thinking to buy some, Monero was 4$ Eth was 8$ i didnt buy any of those, Cheesy such a mistake. Now i am trying to invest wisely but those possibilities r gone.

nah not gone, i bought 3 litecoins just 5 days ago for about 250 euro, if i would sell them now i would get over 500 euro lol you're def not too late the train is only starting, i think litecoin will hit over 1k in 2018, if you buy now and forgot about it for some months i'm sure you will get ur money atleast x3
ceyceyki

Activity: 126

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:57:27 AM

Well in my opinion there should be a correction on the price of litecoin. $210 level is a little bit high. I made a very good profit by investing litecoin last month and I sold at $159 level. Because I was waiting for a correction. But it kept pumping and pumping. There should be a correction!

Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:11:22 AM

Well in my opinion there should be a correction on the price of litecoin. $210 level is a little bit high. I made a very good profit by investing litecoin last month and I sold at $159 level. Because I was waiting for a correction. But it kept pumping and pumping. There should be a correction!

There might be a small correction for a few days but it will continue to rise afterwards. Just internal feeling. But at the same time I've mistaken many times before. Smiley
John_Slater

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:24:49 AM

LTC is too volatile right now. I expect a huge correction in next couple days (to $190 or so) and up again to $500-600 in 2018
q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:34:07 AM

lee recently showed a complete list of development progress, so I have to believe that Litecoin has a better future. LTC is an ancient coin with the same history as bitcoin. Because of the progress of development, we should believe the future of LTC.

masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:43:36 AM

for me, ltc...dash....xmr... or 10 best altcoin will be raise in the next year
if i can do it, i will invest all of them ... but for now, maybe just 1 or 2 alt coin already invest...

your decision is your risk .. . . carefuly

-= OI =-
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 01:49:12 AM

Yes, you are right. It's time to litecoin. Now, litecoin is higher than the other coin. Buy many more litecoin and we will get many profits Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:51:38 AM

I'm with u guy. I kick myself cause I sold at 97 after buying at 100 but I turned it to Bitcoin when it was pumping so no real loss. I just bought some today but I really like what I'm reading on litecoin. I am going to do my best to ride litecoin, up or down. On Bitcoin I've been taking profits. I'm gonna hold litecoin for six months and evaluate it. I only got 4 or 5 coins, I hate to lose but that amount is no big deal. Anyway good luck to u and me
bougieboyy

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:54:45 AM

There will be a small dip in the next week or two, when it hits thats the time to buy. I see LTC hitting a high of $1000 next year. The founder is very involved on twitter and promotes cryptocurrency all around. I think its a sold buy!
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:58:40 AM

I think right now is not the best time to buy Litecoin. It has already more than doubled its price in the last few days.. How far do you think this run can possibly go before a correction? I dont think it'll blow past $300 with ease.

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:01:39 AM

Buying after it goes up 40% is certainly not a good idea, unless you evaluate the coin and dont think it will tank. However I am thinking a correct will be due, and then at that point I will buy some more.

Positivebetting
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: