Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have $20k to invest what alt coin?  (Read 1710 times)
heatboii (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:47:34 AM

Hey guys, I have $20,000 to invest in altcoins and have been overwhelmed by the number of coins. I'm looking for the biggest gains in the next year or so. Should I invest in 1 maybe 3-5? What are your suggestions?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seOG

Activity: 132

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:16:01 AM

I made a video on why I recently bought Stellar lumens, here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baZq2w8oJa0&t=25s
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 05:24:40 AM

TBH, you'll probably do well if you just dollar cost average the top 10 coins--one or two of them are shitcoins, but that hasn't stopped them from growing. This way you won't have to time the market or worry about one out performing the other or waste your time sifting through the vast abyss of FUD and HYPE that is bitcointalk.

Hardva

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:28:28 AM

BTC : 30%
ETH: 20%
LTC: 10%
XMR: 9%
WAVES: 8%
STRAT:8%
XVG: 6%
SNC: 6%
NXT: 2%
ADx: 2%

something like this I'm considering investing.
the idea is not to fill up altcoin without need, if not looking for your good project, right now I would like to invest 50% in waves, because for months already I bought BTC ...
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:55:52 AM

you should have bitcoin too,, so not all your money going to altcoins,, maybe 40% in bitcoin and 60% in altcoins
in my opinion the best altcoins to invest is ethereum and waves

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
SxC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:57:04 AM

Hey guys, I have $20,000 to invest in altcoins and have been overwhelmed by the number of coins. I'm looking for the biggest gains in the next year or so. Should I invest in 1 maybe 3-5? What are your suggestions?

Thanks
Coeval probably, when it comes back on market. That went to 0.5 btc before - now it is gonna be reissued apparently. Not sure what exchange though, but it was on Cryptopia last time. It's actually an interesting alt, although it crashed last time after it went up to that point so may wanna be aware of that.
Goldstars

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:59:17 AM

Thanks
my suggestion is do invest all your money in one coin  50% of money invest in bitcoin and for remining money  choose multiple coins.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:14:08 AM

Thanks

You should definitely diversify your portfolio if it was such a big amount involved.

If you invest in just 1 cryptocoin then there is a huge chance that the price is going to go down(especially if you've got no previous experience trading altcoins, you have a lot of chance of getting caught in the hype and buying way too high).

At the absolute minimum, invest into 5-7 separate coins with similar amounts.

Suggestions: XMR, IOTA, EOS, SC, but do your own research.
allamas

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:46:40 AM

Hey! ABT is about to start our ICO. In January our proyect will be ready to start selling our tokens!
You can read about it in www.abtoken.io and also don't get the opportunity to now our application Addap's a decentralized web browser! You can read mora about Addap's in www.addaps.com and download the app.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:56:38 AM

First of all I would recommend buying a bitcoin with a part of the money because bitcoin grows faster. I would recommend investing in the waves with the remaining money
BTCIV

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:09:24 PM

Now there are better options to double your investment than BTC.
If you want to keep it simple most of us agree it's safe to put 10k in Waves to double or even triple investment in 6-12months and 10k in Monero to atleast double your investment in 6-12months.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:39:43 PM

If you want to improve on your money by 5-10 fold or better in the next year, then you'll have to put your money in a speculative coin like Iota or Ripple, ideally you'll spread your investment across multiple high potential coins to minimize your exposure to risk.
dlukin

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:54:59 PM

Buy LUX or BWK. Easy to made x3, when they are cheap.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:01:05 PM

Thanks
You should always split your investments up. Make sure to do your own research and don't believe too much of what is being written on this forum.

With that said.

Waves has a launch event for its new client and DEX tomorrow, and the client will go live on friday. Expecting $30+ in the short term. In next year's first quarter smart contracts will get implemented, which will trigger another rally. Price will be at least $100 per Wave before summer, easily more.

SONM is a good long-term hold. Will be $1+ by the end of 2018, $5ish in 2019, and could go up over $100 in the long run (mid 2020).

Based on technical analysis, Ark could go up 400 to 600% by February as well.

But Waves seems like the best trade that I'm aware of right now.
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:09:18 PM

$20k is much enough to buy altcoin and also bitcoin for trading or holding long term.
if i have that much, i will prefer to invest in top 5 or top ten popular altcoin in coinmarketcap.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:14:43 PM

eth, ltc, xlm

Lately,  I have seen those three coin to the rise. But you must have btc. Or you can trading.

sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:25:16 PM

You can search for the top altcoins and you can spread your 20,000 USD there. And the percentage will still depend on you. If you think that that altcoin will grow really fast better invest more money on the altcoin.

trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:42:19 PM

HAHAHAA I love that ^.

I like XSPEC a lot.  I think it has serious potential.  I've recently invested a bit into it.  It's an anonymous IOTA.  Fast block time, ring sigs, point of stake.  CHEAP AS DIRT.  https://globalcoinreport.com/heres-why-now-might-be-a-good-time-to-pick-up-some-spectrecoin-xpsec/

I like blockmarket for utility.  A private blockchain based e-bay.  Yes, sign me up.
Stellar is like my charity coin.  I want them to succeed.  Offering transfer services to poorer countries is just a noble effort.  I'd love to see them work that to fruition.

But if you have THAT much money to blow and want to grow some of it and are just looking for a store with less utility...  Monero is a good choice.  It SDHOULD overtake bitcoin.  It's just better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
srqrebel

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 01:08:28 AM

I would definitely recommend against putting all your eggs in one basket.

That said, I am betting heavily on strong anon coins; I believe they are the wave of the future.  Of those, I like Monero, ZenCash, and Spectrecoin.

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is my favorite.  Here's why:

It not only has robust and cutting edge privacy and anonymity technology, it is positioned to be the first to have an anonymous, peer-to-peer, small remittance Android app (the SpectreCash app, on the roadmap for next year).  There are a little less than 21 million XSPEC in existence, with an additional 5% added to the total supply each year via generous staking rewards to anyone who keeps their wallet(s) open for staking.

At less than $1 per coin, Spectrecoin is currently a steal.  You can find out more about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 01:19:21 AM

Invest 50% in SNT (Beta Release in Q1 2018)
Invest 50% in FunFair (Also major release in Q1 2018)

Both are solid projects with good potential.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: