Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:54:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ALERT: You have 5 days mtgox  (Read 13867 times)
DupingBitCoins (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:50:49 AM

Your going to do WHAT, going to kill him with an overdose of bad HTML formatting?

Anyway, I've never really had any problems with mtgox. Yes the hack and downtime was annoying but the site came back as promised.

LOL @ HTML

ignorant idiot

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 02:05:28 PM

Your going to do WHAT, going to kill him with an overdose of bad HTML formatting?

Anyway, I've never really had any problems with mtgox. Yes the hack and downtime was annoying but the site came back as promised.

LOL @ HTML

ignorant idiot

i am sorry but you are being ignorant. you cannot accomplish anything with posts like that.
You could calmly create a post and lay out the exact situation to the rest of the forum asking for suggestions.
During this time you could create new tickets to resolve your problem.
BTW. html joke was awesome  Grin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 03:11:15 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2011, 03:47:11 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

MTGOXLIVE NEWS FEED: UP UP -now unhackable- UP UP UP UP -fixed- (no more excuses) UP UP UP -UP UP UP- {I LIKE TURTLES} -just bought more "alpaca socks"- (no more excuses for not using Bitcoin) UP UP UP UP GREAT TICKET SUPPORT UP UP UP UP UP UP UP  (Bitcoin: For the Why You Buy)  UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP BITCOIN UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP BITCOIN UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP
Thank you for getting your fucking shit straight. I'm glad you now have so much more DDoS/security protections. I don't foresee any other issues coming into play, like more missing BTC's. -- your site is GREAT. Keeping tickets opened until resolved is more than acceptable. I will continue to keep my money in your exchange.

I don't give a shit about what the "naysayers" print. THEY DON"T HAVE THEIR SHIT TOGETHER WHAT-SO-EVER.

I highly suggest everyone deposit their BTC/cash straight into this site within 5 days of this post.

-One Happy Camper

EDIT: For those of you asking about other exchanges, TradeHill and Bitcoin7 come to mind.

(Brought to you by Parody Central)
DupingBitCoins (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:32:31 PM

LOL @ HTML

ignorant idiot

i am sorry but you are being ignorant. you cannot accomplish anything with posts like that.
You could calmly create a post and lay out the exact situation to the rest of the forum asking for suggestions.
During this time you could create new tickets to resolve your problem.
BTW. html joke was awesome  Grin

lulzsec

fuck off
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:37:56 PM

DupingBitCoins should totally start an internet petition, because you know, that's how you UP the drama-quotient. You know, instead of firmly resolving to never use Gox again, like an adult.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:43:42 PM

The OP has every right to be as frustrated as he is. What's shocking is the amount of folks who come to defend Mt. Gox as if they were getting paid to do so.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
DupingBitCoins (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:46:29 PM

The OP has every right to be as frustrated as he is. What's shocking is the amount of folks who come to defend Mt. Gox as if they were getting paid to do so.

Its okay, their are much more complaints against them.
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 05:48:26 PM

And I have every right to be sick of their whining. Life is unfair, boo-hoo.

Man up and take your loss, never use them again, fashion a dartboard target and use it regularly. Perhaps move on with your life.

bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:17:48 PM

Man up and take your loss, never use them again, fashion a dartboard target and use it regularly. Perhaps move on with your life.

I love this response.  Hi, welcome to Bitcoin.  Thanks for your money.  NOW FUCK OFF!

Gee, I wonder why the general public is turned off by this.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:20:27 PM

lulzsec

fuck off
Now you're just being stupid: they disbanded over a week ago. Good luck having them do anything to MtGox.

TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:21:35 PM

I love this response.  Hi, welcome to Bitcoin.  Thanks for your money.  NOW FUCK OFF!

I'd say that the meager handful of people who understand this system and actively participate in it so far are a long way from "the general public". As many others have said, the client isn't totally up to par for joe sixpack to get in on the benefits. It will eventually, but not just yet.

And yes, if you are unable to understand counterparty risk inherent in emerging markets, you're better off playing in another sandbox until this thing comes out of early beta.

Anduril

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:26:18 PM

+1
Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:36:42 PM

Quote from: TraderTimm
It isn't a question of "will bitcoin win", it is only a question of "when?".

You are a tool.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 06:45:23 PM

You're assuming he has a life... bit of a stretch there.
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:03:03 PM

I'd say that the meager handful of people who understand this system and actively participate in it so far are a long way from "the general public". As many others have said, the client isn't totally up to par for joe sixpack to get in on the benefits. It will eventually, but not just yet.

And yes, if you are unable to understand counterparty risk inherent in emerging markets, you're better off playing in another sandbox until this thing comes out of early beta.

Risk is one thing in an emerging market.  Theft is another animal altogether.

One can assume several things about this situation but there are 2 that stick out right now regarding MTGox closing account valid tickets proving they owe you money.

1.  They don't have enough money/BTC to make good on what is owed.  (Which is scary in it's own right.)
2.  They have no intention of paying back what they owe to those stuck in limbo.  (Theft.)

Yes, there are inherent risks involved.  (Losing value, out-right crash)  One of those isn't a supposedly reputable company that everyone seems to be sticking up for and telling people to invest in for stealing your money.  And then telling those that have their money stuck in 10 closed support tickets that they aren't updating or helping dozens of people to, "fuck off", and yes it's basically what you are saying.

Sorry, I don't know very many people that will allow someone to fuck with their money.

Those that do are either complicit with MTGox or completely fucking stupidly blind.
DupingBitCoins (OP)

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:07:19 PM

lulzsec

fuck off
Now you're just being stupid: they disbanded over a week ago. Good luck having them do anything to MtGox.

clearly this is over your head
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:41:33 PM

weird stuff...

I didn't have an astronomical amount of usd or btc at the time of the hack... but after the 4-5 day period of delays and what not I was able to log back in and my account was intact w\ the proper btc and usd amounts it had prior to the hack.

People need to cut mtgox some slack.  OBVIOUSLY... they're seriously understaffed.  The influx since april-may into the btc community has been huge and they weren't ready for that. 

They probably have thousands of unread emails in their inbox and probably have to waste lots of time helping people with user-error type problems.

I will continue to use mtgox even if I am pissed that my email address is out on the web for the world to see and try to brute force any other accounts I have w\ that email address.  Luckily I use different passwords everywhere and my mtgox one was secure enough to not be cracked right away.

Anyhow, I'll just end my rant right there.

Have patience.  XOXO

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 07:55:09 PM

weird stuff...

I didn't have an astronomical amount of usd or btc at the time of the hack... but after the 4-5 day period of delays and what not I was able to log back in and my account was intact w\ the proper btc and usd amounts it had prior to the hack.

People need to cut mtgox some slack.  OBVIOUSLY... they're seriously understaffed.  The influx since april-may into the btc community has been huge and they weren't ready for that. 

They probably have thousands of unread emails in their inbox and probably have to waste lots of time helping people with user-error type problems.

I will continue to use mtgox even if I am pissed that my email address is out on the web for the world to see and try to brute force any other accounts I have w\ that email address.  Luckily I use different passwords everywhere and my mtgox one was secure enough to not be cracked right away.

Anyhow, I'll just end my rant right there.

Have patience.  XOXO

Welcome to the 25 percentile.. I own a PS3 so im a member of the 50 percentile group...  Wink

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:31:03 PM

Risk is one thing in an emerging market.  Theft is another animal altogether.

One can assume several things about this situation but there are 2 that stick out right now regarding MTGox closing account valid tickets proving they owe you money.

1.  They don't have enough money/BTC to make good on what is owed.  (Which is scary in it's own right.)
2.  They have no intention of paying back what they owe to those stuck in limbo.  (Theft.)

Yes, there are inherent risks involved.  (Losing value, out-right crash)  One of those isn't a supposedly reputable company that everyone seems to be sticking up for and telling people to invest in for stealing your money.  And then telling those that have their money stuck in 10 closed support tickets that they aren't updating or helping dozens of people to, "fuck off", and yes it's basically what you are saying.

Sorry, I don't know very many people that will allow someone to fuck with their money.

Those that do are either complicit with MTGox or completely fucking stupidly blind.

The risk *is* the potential for everything you listed above. Want to know what balances I have in any of the active exchanges? Zero. I do a transfer, make my trade, and transfer out. My personal risk is something happening in the interim, and I fully acknowledge it.

I treat every service this way, because it is the only way to sanely operate when you have an emerging market situation, like we do here. Whether the 'root cause' is technical problems, outright stealing or an elaborate con, the end result is the same. You took a risk, and lost.

I don't intend to lose any more than I'm willing to risk, hence my strategy. That is what I meant by life not being fair.

Posting endless threads about it won't get your money back.

bitcoiners

View Profile
July 04, 2011, 08:44:39 PM

Posting endless threads about it won't get your money back.

And posting endless threads about your strategies wont stop us from making this public.  But thanks anyways mom.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: