Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why chose BITCOIN rather than other investments e.g. Stocks/shares  (Read 774 times)
jkinit2125 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:54:06 PM

Why chose bitcoin? Why not invest in shares/ stocks? Other investments?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lyancy001

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:55:47 PM

Because Bitcoin could appreciate times more than any stocks, it can get you x10 if the market is right.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

Since I do not have any money to invest with stock and other investment, I will go for bitcoin.  I can earn bitcoin and the money I earned will be going to buy some stocks and other investment.  As of now I am focusing on the earnings I make with bitcoin.   Then thereafter I will buy funds, stocks, and put up a business.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:03:35 PM

Bitcoin CAN give higher profits than those other medium. Timing is the key for this one. In stocks, there are tons of things you need to do consider before choosing what companies and businesses you should put your money into, but in bitcoin we just need to know if the demand is still up for its prices and thats it.

In a nutshell, Bitcoin is much easier, yet entails more risk depending on what time you are doing the investment!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:03:59 PM

Because investing in Bitcoin is more profitable and easier to do when compared to investing in the stock market
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:13:43 PM

Personally, simply because I actually really like the concept of having a decentralized and pseudo-anonymous currency. Sure, bitcoin has been gaining so much gains since years ago, but the main reason I'm actually investing my time and resources in bitcoin is because of bitcoin's objective and goals.

Because Bitcoin could appreciate times more than any stocks, it can get you x10 if the market is right.
Sure it can. But take note that it can also get you x10 losses

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lasry

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:14:10 PM

because bitcoin is much cheaper and earns more. In bitcoin you can say that you own it unlike with stocks you just get a certain percentage, but with bitcoin there's so much thing you can do.
It's also rest assured that bitcoin is secured, you can have your privacy with it.
One major drawback is that you cant ever fight back its volatility cause it is its nature.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Realist247

Activity: 154
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 02:16:19 PM

At this point there are serious problems with Bitcoin.  You can read about them on the forum or just search the latest news from today about fees and transaction times.  There will always be stocks that can give the same or similar returns.  Everything is a bubble right now in all sectors so it's best to do lots of reading before you invest in anything.  Go with what you know or feel most comfortable with...don't ever invest in anything because people are promising you great returns.  Stay far away from people like that.  With any investment there is a risk of total loss or even worse in some cases like futures.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:45:22 PM

I actually find stocks complicated not to mention expensive to get in. Also, it's a bit harder for us without financial training to play in it ourselves. Most people who do get into it instead have someone else managing the money for them.

With bitcoins, it's possible to just invest once and then hold. Assuming you trust it, that's a much easier way of investing that you can do yourself.

Of course it's better if you diversify. You can use your bitcoin for trading, and then maybe use part of the profits for setting up a business, etc.
groundcontrol67

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:46:28 PM

Quite simply the expected returns in bitcoin are far far higher, there is potentially more risk but for most that is outweighed by the potential rewards. Stocks/shares you'll be lucky to make more than a small percentage each year.

otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:53:17 PM

Investing in traditional way like stocks and shares is expensive. There's a lot of charges, fees and taxes for every move you make and it's expensive.  You have to pay people for their services and you have have to look for those right people.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 03:53:50 PM

I am sure those who are not yet into Bitcoin can be the same question too. So why Bitcoin and why not other investment tools like shares and stocks (the traditional and yet still reliable way to invest). Actually, there is nothing wrong with investing in stocks or even forex for that matter. However, with Bitcoin this is something new and the possible return one can get is amazingly high. Experts into investment and trading have already called Bitcoin as the best performing asset so far even better than gold and many popular company shares. Aside from that lucrative return, Bitcoin is representing a great paradigm shift which we would experience in years to come. Right now, lives have been changed by Bitcoin and in the coming months there would be more and more people who achieved some sort of financial independence because they happen to be at the right place, at the right time and using the right tool which is Bitcoin. Go Bitcoin go go!
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:20:56 PM

The awareness of bitcoin have actually made its value appreciate overtime causing investors and individuals to invest immensely.
Aside from profitability, the reason i would choose to invest in bitcoin rather than stocks/shares is liquidity - the ability to make profit within a short time frame.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1520

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

I know most people in this forum invest only in bitcoin or only in bitcoin and cryptos but for me the question is wrong. Rather than thinking why bitcoin or other assets it is better to think what percentage of your wealth to allocate in bitcoin and what percentage in other assets.

Bitcoin has had wonderful returns, and everybody is happy and enthusiastic here but if we get a major event like Mt. Gox in the past, we are going to see a lot of people panicking and crying.

Zzzetor

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:30:17 PM

At this point there are serious problems with Bitcoin.  You can read about them on the forum or just search the latest news from today about fees and transaction times.  There will always be stocks that can give the same or similar returns.  Everything is a bubble right now in all sectors so it's best to do lots of reading before you invest in anything.  Go with what you know or feel most comfortable with...don't ever invest in anything because people are promising you great returns.  Stay far away from people like that.  With any investment there is a risk of total loss or even worse in some cases like futures.

You're right. Always the best way is to make your own decisions regarding investments. There are so many shares out there that some of them will be more profitable if bought today than bitcoin. (At the moment, btc is 17,300 dollars.) After all, bitcoin is not producing any new products to add value, it just is.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 05:00:48 PM

I invest in bitcoin, stocks and other traditional investments. I still prefer to invest in Bitcoin because I don’t see other traditional investments have the potential to gain as much as Bitcoin and Altcoin, not even close.
blue08

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:07:40 AM

Because it is easy to gain profit at bitcoin compared with stocks or shares investment. Then, at bitcoin you can start as low as 1$, unlike with stock market that you need a minimum of 100$.  Also, for newbie, bitcoin is a good start for learning experience on investing or trading since you can start with a low amount that you can afford to lose.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:09:04 AM

Because as of now bitcoin is in the ascendant and a few more years and if the trend would still go investing in hitcoin would be the best thing to do. Woth investment and stocks though it is still at your own risk and it is important to evauate yourself first
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 04:27:24 AM

All the answers comparing bitcoin as an "investment" to stocks are missing the point..

You invest in bitcoin because its much more than an investment. You invest your time and your brain-skills to get to know about it and all the other good/ bad things it has spawned. It has reached a 0.5T USD market cap. The developments behind it are going to someday revolutionize the way we trade and the way wealth distribution happens.
Hopefully, It will make trickle down economics more than a trickle.. Cool
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:33:56 AM

I choose bitcoin is because, in bitcoin, I don't have to deposit money in a minimum amount to start trading, I can start with whatever amount of money. besides that, I know in shares/stocks or even forex trading we need to have a balance to start like $100 or more or we can use demo account and I don't like about that. for me, trade shares/stocks, forex is more dangerous and too risky because I need to learn many indicators and it is not simple as crypto trading.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: