Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties, boon or bane to eth?  (Read 688 times)
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:12:15 PM

This is just a small shake for the network, which only strengthens the positions of the ETH. The network has shown that it is capable of withstanding significant loads, but, I believe that such things should be regulated.

Psalms23

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:55:23 PM

At first it would be bane, especially to those who really need to trade in ETH ASAP, but if you look at the bigger picture, if you are a fan of ERC20 coins, it is really a big improvement for ethereum blockchain. Of course there will be inconvenience at start but eventually it will make eth network stronger by 2018 and beyond.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:18:00 PM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?

For now, it is indeed annoying. The eth network is becoming really slow. The transaction takes too long. This for me indeed is a good sign for eth to pump up their game. They must have already seen this coming. A lot of icos are lunch under erc20 hencr, once these program launches, it will run under their network. And they have to be prepared for that.

gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:39:32 PM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?

I think this is good. This rather simple and interesting game allows you to earn a lot of money without much effort. But it's bad that the developers have not thought about the speed of transactions, I hope they will fix it soon.   
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 04:00:46 PM

It's definitely a boon for ethereum for a couple of reasons.

It's introduced thousands of people to crypto currency and ethereum in particular.

Cats run the internet, so why not block chain as well? ( Wink )

It's focused developers minds on the urgent need to upgrade and up scale the network asap which is of benefit to everyone.

Bear this in mind also, just before kitties, ethereum did over 500k transactions in one day. That was more transactions than all other crypto currencies combined!

Since then, the number of transactions on the Ethereum network per day has increased to almost 800,000!! An incredible achievement for a still relatively new technology and it will only get better, bigger and faster!!

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
Vatimins

Activity: 987
Merit: 289

Blue0x.com

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:56:57 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2017, 11:49:15 AM by Vatimins

Clearly, those people who are saying negative things about the crypto kitties are new to the crypto currency world. They will go about complaining about the never before experienced congestion whatsoever and label cryptokitties as something like a nuisance. But if one looks into it a bit deeper, this is more of a possitive thing than a negative one. This boosts the popularity not just eth but the whole crypto currencies. I can go for hours explaining why this is good for eth but that would be roo much hassle. Do your own researc about the topic.

░░           ▒░     
      ░▒▓▓░           ░▒▒░░░ 
   ▒▓▓██▒░              ▒▓▒▒▒▒
 ▓█▓▓█▒                 ▒▒░░▒▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░              ░▒▒▒░░ ▒
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓█▒
   ░▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
       ░▒█▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒░  
        ░██████▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒    
         ███▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▒    
         ░██▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░   
           ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░    
             ▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:12:36 PM

I had no experience with cryptokittens, but an overloaded network really causes problems...on the other hand I support the idea that this increases the popularity of ethereum...let's hope that the speed will increase and we will get more positive moments
Phil419She (OP)

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:53:06 AM

I had no experience with cryptokittens, but an overloaded network really causes problems...on the other hand I support the idea that this increases the popularity of ethereum...let's hope that the speed will increase and we will get more positive moments

As holder of ethereum, and other ERC20 coins, we can only hope that this is really a good chance for ethereum to boost. Maybe by 2018 this will lead to a more expensive and stable ethereum that we can all be happy with.

Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 07:28:00 AM

In my view it is a boon. hindrances are for some time exist due to cryptokitties. But because of this the ETH platform tested for its performance. Due to this, ETH push to advancement in technology, This is the good for its future challenges.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

The only way it helps the ethereum platform is by putting in evidence it limits of scalability, so the the Devs can find motivation to upgrade their creature.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:40:34 AM

Maybe long term boon(if devs can fix the problems) but definitely short term bane. I now buy and use LTC if I need to send money between exchanges.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 08:50:32 AM

I think we all know the sudden effect of cryptokitties to the network of ethereum when it was launch, creating never before felt congestion and freezing a lot of ERC20 tokens trade. As Ive surfed the net about its impact on eth and the cryptoworld itself, Ive seen different views on how these kitties are seen in everyone's perspective. Some says it's a stupid creation only wrecking havoc on the eth network  enriching only the developers, but some also says it really help eth platform, and even the cryptoworld. So which is it really?
Well it is annoying because it makes transaction cost more and take longer to be confirmed. It mess up the network but it also help people realize that eth is not ready for bigger things. It's better to happen now so the dev can search for a solution to fix this problems.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Crypdon

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:24:17 AM

It shows the underlying weaknesses in the ethereum network which will only get worse and more congested. Other options like Waves and LISK have already solved this problem. I suspect those coins will rise as developers switch platforms.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:44:41 AM

Ethereum fork will be a solution for kitties. Then Kitties will change the world. (Lol)
this is simply madness but crypto community always loved madness. I just bought a kitty for 1 ethereum and this is really stupid.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
Cryptogiji

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:49:41 AM

A bit of both really.

Clearly shows the weakness of the system and that makes people worry, also because it has slowed down transactions I am sure they have lost a lot of backers and movement of the alt coin.

But on the plus it shows where they need to work and what they need to improve. Every good system needs to be stress tested so they can always make it better. Also this hit them hard and ETH is still raising in price.
IPCHAINDATABASE

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 09:58:20 AM

It's been a headache for most of us so far!
ravedien

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:04:21 AM

its a win win for both, devs now know that they need to adapt to the massive transactions and if they fix this, user will gain more trust on the eth platform.
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:08:55 AM

Ethereum fork will be a solution for kitties. Then Kitties will change the world. (Lol)
this is simply madness but crypto community always loved madness. I just bought a kitty for 1 ethereum and this is really stupid.
Yeah  that means the system really need improvements all this things happen because the market place really crowding meaning there is a need for improvements of the system, kryptokitties is just a ride on to the situations while the eth system is crowding they use it for their advantages we cannot
avoid that there are hookers just waiting to take advantages to the situations, this scenario will not last longer instead it would serve as a lesson to eth. and lesson to be learned for improvements.

SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:19:54 AM

I heard they are moving to stellar network. is it correct?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:13:51 PM

Cryproitties is a boon to ethereum because it has bought more transactions to the ethereum system. Cryptokitties is clogging ethereum system  which means slower transaction time for application that runs on ethereum network and had made  transaction fees to be higher .Crypto kitties have revealed the weakness in ethereum system which is now left to the developers to work on.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: