Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:36:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptokitties, boon or bane to eth?  (Read 688 times)
turmalin

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:47:50 PM

At first I thought that this stupid game with cats would destroy Ethereum, but contrary to my expectations this led to an increase in the popularity of Ethereum and its course after that grew 2-fold. I think these consequences are very good)
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:54:52 PM

At first I thought that this stupid game with cats would destroy Ethereum, but contrary to my expectations this led to an increase in the popularity of Ethereum and its course after that grew 2-fold. I think these consequences are very good)

The price movement of ethereum has nothing to do with that stupid game. All major altcıoins raised hard, not only ethereum so this argument is wrong. On the other hand, the congestion caused by the game still continue now.
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:56:57 PM

This damn game just interferes with work. The payment for the transaction was raised, the transaction time increased. Cryptokitties benefits the creator of this game only  Angry
furfurol

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

This damn game just interferes with work. The payment for the transaction was raised, the transaction time increased. Cryptokitties benefits the creator of this game only  Angry
I understand your feelings. But there are also positive aspects. Kittie game showed network problems to loads and scalability. I hope this will cause developers to solve this problem
landysh007

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:49:40 PM

In my opinion, cryptokitties have revealed the weaknesses of the ethereum, which need to be improved by the developers. This will only benefit the ethereum, it will become faster and more stable.  Smiley
CryptoLD

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:51:22 PM

It just helps to find solution to scale ETH network as it is first massive adoption but project itself is just a game, nothing more.
Antikais

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:59:32 PM

i was almost buying but thanks to overload of ethereum blockchain overload i couldnt buy. now i see i was doing Fomo.. thanks god i didn't buy.

ASSETA - Blockchain based borderless crypto bank | ICO | DISCUSSION THREAD | BOUNTIES
tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:16:04 PM

Cryptokitties did not do anything good. The heavy burden on the ethereum network and the increase in the commission for the transaction is clearly evil. I already hate them a little.  Angry
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:27:06 PM

I think Cryptokitties is a parasite that raises the price for transactions and interferes with the normal operation of the system. But it seems that the main boom has already started to decline. Since the price of Gas is no longer 30 or 40 minimum, but 2 and 4. It pleases.

nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:29:59 PM

I think Cryptokitties is a parasite that raises the price for transactions and interferes with the normal operation of the system. But it seems that the main boom has already started to decline. Since the price of Gas is no longer 30 or 40 minimum, but 2 and 4. It pleases.
So you are right, it was already passed and you can safely withdraw the ethereum to other addresses and do not worry that they will not reach
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:33:53 PM

Cryptokitties did not do anything good. The heavy burden on the ethereum network and the increase in the commission for the transaction is clearly evil. I already hate them a little.  Angry
I agree, when it first appeared, I could not believe that the Cryptokitties paralyzed the ethereum network. I was very angry.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:34:04 PM

The problem is that there will be other cryptokitties, its success will attract many imitators that will contribute to slow the network and raise the fees again.
turneps

Activity: 225

umachit.fund

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:52:06 PM

And I would have got one crypto cat for myself. Some people make money on this game. But I'm too old for games  Grin

Gloria_16

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:14:30 PM

the only benefit that can be from cryptokittens is the improvement of the etherium network, ie the solution of the problem, let's hope for it, otherwise from cryptokittens only harm.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:33:01 PM

The problem with pending transactions and a high tx fees is already gone I guess. It really shows the weakness of the current state of the ethereum network. It doesn't ready to be used for dApps.

ronatrip

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

The problem with pending transactions and a high tx fees is already gone I guess. It really shows the weakness of the current state of the ethereum network. It doesn't ready to be used for dApps.
Yes, I agree. I'm sure that there will be analogues of this game in the future. If after that there will be a problem of loading Ethereum network at the same level, it will be very bad for Ethereum
bhadnaufal

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:06:20 PM

If the eth leads have the right approach then yes it will be possitive as the 'competence' have had made eth stronger with the 'attacks'
hah

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:05:05 PM

I think it's a boon since it shows what a future killer app on eth will look like.

peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:32:35 PM

I see the benefit of creating crypto kittens. Many people for the first time got acquainted with crypto currency after their creation. In addition, crypto kittens were like load testing, which revealed the shortcomings of the ethereum. Now developers will try to eliminate these shortcomings.
pergola

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:26:56 PM

Probably everyone who regularly makes transactions in the ethereum network noticed this rise in the commission for the transaction. And very few people liked it. I did not like it at all, but I got used to it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: